AIC - what would you do? overdraft of about £600

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a call last week from AIC on my mobile. Normally if they don't leave a number I don't answer, but this time I did. Same today. I know not to talk to them and as soon as I know who it is I just tell them that I won't answer security questions or discuss anything over the telephone, they should put it in writing then I hang up.

As I hung up today's call I could hear the guy saying "we have written to you......." and managed to resist saying that if that were the case one would assume I'd receive a letter (I haven't).

I'm not sure what to do now. I can't think who they could be acting for. The debts that I do have are in the process ofbeing paid and/or CCAd. I've lived here for almost two years and I know no post is going to my previous address as I know who lives there and they'd pass it on. So some kind of fishing trip. I really don't want to help them. I'm not hiding, I'm on the electoral register and have been for 2 years here. Normally I'd advise anyone else in this situation to ignore and wait for something more concrete. (Possibly so concrete it's statute barred) I'm worried though that they might try sending CCJ claims to the address I moved from in 2004. Would that stand or would I have to take action to get it cancelled. Would a court look askance at my "I'm not helping you, you want my money work for it" attitude. I spent years before letting these idiots pressure me. I've finally started to get my life and my confidence back and don't want to be stressed again.

Does anyone know who (if anyone specific) AIC work for?

Any advice appreciated.

just checked the phone book online and my mobile number is listed at an address I've not lived at for years. Getting that changed has taken ages. Of course my mobile phone co. have my current address, I know that because they write to me here.

Simply ask them who they wish to speak to - even if it's you they want - simply say that they have the wrong number and ask that they do not call again. If they ring any more, write to them (but don't sign the letter).

I've had some issues with AIC and they are fairly aggressive but quite easy to stop once you send the right letter.

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

It's more a question of giving them my home address. I can't write to them without doing that. It is my name they use although whether that means that it's my debt, I don't know. I don't have a clue what it's about. I do not want them calling my house phone. I know that I can send the harassment letter, demand that they not call me but you know how much some of these companies listen.

What's annoying is the way they call back after I hang up on them. I can't risk that happening on my landline when family stay as they sometimes do.

Does anyone have an email address for them?

Do you have any overdue accounts/debts like a Mint card ? As stated above, AIC have been known to deal with RBS accounts. You could CCA (or SAR) your original creditor to find out if the account has been passed on

- that way you don't have to deal with AIC or offer any further information to them.

So, I guess the question is - Do you think AIC have a good reason for ringing you ;)

The BidsterMeister

• 2 weeks later...

Enough, I'm sick of these calls. I'm not even going to try to guess why they're calling me. No I've never had any dealings with this bank and any banks I've dealt with have my address and can write. I'm sending them the telephone harassment letter, problem is I don't have their address and my PC's being slow. Can anyone help, I don't have any letters to be able to look it up.

HI Fuzzgin, AIC have previously chased my OH for a Lloyds CC.

Their head office is:

AIC Basingstoke

(UK Head Office)

The Clock Tower, Office No.5

Chineham, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8BQ

Hope this helps

Red

Hi, Fuzzgin.

If you don't know what the debt is, it's going to be pretty hard for us to guess.

Like you say, it's more thank likely a fishing trip, but unless you send them something like the 'prove it' letter, I don't know how your going to find out.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You can also try this address - this is the one used on letters:

Allied International Credit

Anderson House

389 Argyle Street

Glasgow

G2 8LR

If they persist in calling you back as soon as you hang up, tell them that every call is recorded (even if they're not). Simply state that you do not wish to be called. In the meantime, send the "do not call or prove it" letter and see what happens.

The BidsterMeister

I wasn't that curious in the first place about who the claim was for. I really don't want them phoning and refusing to write.

Another thing that bugs me is them using my first name while intoducing themselves as Mr such and such. Maybe they need the power trip.

Cheers for the addresses, I'll try the Scottish one as that's where I am and they all have Scottish voices.

No intention of hijacking thread, got a letter today from AIC and in said letter they claim that they have been trying to get in touch with me, naturally this is a lie because i recieved their standard yellow cr*p with no envelope, and my details on show to sort it out they want me to "call" their office to make payments in full.

• 2 months later...

Just had my first letter from AIC apart from their resposes to my letters of complaint. Of course it states "Due to your continued failure to contact AIC despite numerous letters...." And then goes on (despite being sent to a Scottish address, apparently from an address in Scotland) to threaten me with all kinds of claims through my local county court, charging orders etc.

Obviously they aren't very bright and this is a threatogram but I wonder what to do next. It's not a credit card, and sending a CCA request would be pointless. There are charges on the account about equal to the balance so I'd like to dispute the debt but not sure of the best way, with the bank charges case and everything. I don't have enough to live on, so I can't offer more than £1 per month anyway.

you need to send them the prove it letter

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, it's entirely charges. Just that due to long term illness I've not actually confirmed the total amount. Brain Fog, you know. Every time I try to work it out I get confused. It was an overdraft of about £600 and until I made repayments was about £1200. I've paid about £700 off. (obviously I've varied the amounts a little don't want them reading this, but the proportions are correct.)

hello all,

the Financial Services Authority Register search brings up this on AIC not sure if this will help but it is another approach;)

AIC Financial Ltd

SS2 6NLAic Financial Ltd Introducer A.R.

AIC Information Services LimitedEC1Y 4YYA.I.T.C. Services Limited, Aic Information Services Limited No longer Authorised

Assured Investment Consultants LimitedOX13 6PYAic Financial Management Limited Assured InvestmentsAppointed Representative

Compass Financial Solutions LtdCO6 2TEAic Financial, Love MortgagesAppointed Representative

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I'm writing a nasty letter at the moment. I may never send it, certainly not in this form, but it's getting my feelings vented. I'm just trying to find which of the OFT guidelines are breached so I can point out their errors. This is what I have o far....

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

Dear Ms Kerr,

Following on from your first correspondence dated XX September 2008, I would like answers to the following queries;

Copies of the “numerous” letters you claim to have sent and the address to which you sent them. The only letter I received previously was a confirmation that you were investigating my complaint.

An outcome to the complaint you were investigating. This remains outstanding.

Exactly where my local county court is. I’m in Scotland. Would you like a map?