Full & Final Settlement HSBC

Dangermouse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Castlelbest

Herewith is text of letter from HSBC, we only accepted because we were short of cash for christmas. It doesn't say full & final, does that mean that we can still go for the rest when the OFT case concludes?

Thx

Dangermouse

I had trouble pasting the scan...se here is the text.

Acceptance Form

Customer Name

Account Number

Address

*I/We accept a sum of £xxxxx in settlement of my/our claim against the bank.

I/We are aware that the bank will credit my/our above account once they have received this signed acceptance and that this will be carried out within 14 days following receipt.

Signed Date

HSBC Bank Plc

Arlington Business Centre etc. etc.

If thats the complete wording there is technically nothing to stop you claiming again.

Normally the acceptance letter says something like;

I accept the sum of £ xxxx.xx in full and final settlement of my claim against HSBC for charges applied to my account in the period from xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx. I agree not to make any other claims relating to charges for the period stipulated above.

as yours doesn't say that then try for the balance :)

pete

Hey ..Dangermouse congratulations on a settlement..but I have not seen the previous info ..why did they settle when everything is on hold ? What were you claiming ? ...do you have a link to a threat of your own?

hsbc can be like that. my first claim was settled without a fight. i am currently in the process of claim 2, however they have resisted so far and i am having to go to the court route, and highlight the unfair financial hardship a stay will cause in my case.

i thought this time, it might also be effected because i am investigating claiming for damages in addition to the charges. maybe because of the credit crunch, the true cost and effect is more apparent. as i have also suffered serious ill health from the stress of dealing with this (not to mention the numerous arguents at home and work), my gp wants to sign me off work with stress etc. all because of the mess the charges got me in.

by the way, if there are any lawyers out there who can help, i'd love to hear from you. i hope that a final decision will be made, and i can force the court to judge on the charges... a victory for everyone

Hiya TLG, unfortunatly thats exactly why the court will stay any action like this including cases of hardship.

The high court case is there in theory to resolve all of these arguments, they will stay anything along those lines until the legal issues have been clarified in the test case.

pete

hi Castleguy

I have heard of people who have still continued to be successful despite the court case. one lady told me a lot about her case, she was using an online service (not this web site i dont think) and he advised her to fill out this form, then put together a letter saying the stay should be lifted.

i remember something in her email about some courts still processing cases regardless.

is this information wrong? she did ok, got about £3500 from hsbc

sorry meant to include, the letter he drafted for her was detailing hardship. unfortunately, he either has a letter for people to do it themselves, or in my friends case he did charge 10% of the amount for doing it, which i think she went for because of the court case thing, so i dont want to use him if i can help it (even his email said 'i can't do anything you can't do for yourself')... i guess you are paying for convenience though. mind, i did see some people charge up to 40% which i thought was mad

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for late reply but have not looked at thread for a while.

I just got the offer in the post before Christmas, I had no even issued proceedings at that stage. Just put in a claim.

I was surprised when it arrived because of the court hold on these cases.

Regards

Dangermouse