Ukpc Last Letter???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received 2 parking tickets from UKPC I was parked in my partners parking bay but my parking permit had blown down the windscreen so it couldnt be viewed properly!!, so i received 2! i waited until i was contacted by UKPC on both counts and sent back the template letter " I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me " these were posted by recorded mail on both counts, they then wrote back saying they had picture proof and i was responsible for the fine and they had taken the appeal seriously!!, i then returned via recorded mail letter template letter 2 " I note that you refer to me as owner. I have acknowledged only that I am the keeper.Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter and I restate my denial of this claim" i have received this letter from them this time

"dear sirs, thank you for your recent communication concerning the above parking charge notice. please rest assured that appeals manager has personally reviewed this case and carefully considered the various points raised, our view, however is that these particular circumstances are neither unreasonable nor unjust and so we will not be waiving this parking charge in full.

you will be aware from the parking charge notice that we offer discount for parking charges paid within 7 days. as you lodged an appeal, we are prepared to extend this period for another 14 days from the date from this letter. but if we do not receive your remittance at the reduced rate by 15th may 2008, the full amount will then become payable and we will put the matter in the hands of our debt recovery agents. we appreciate that this is not the outcome you will have hoped for. unless you have additional information that you have not already brought to our attention, this decision is final. although furt

her correspondence will be noted and filed, please do not expect and response from us except where you have provided new evidence to substantiate you case. IM STILL NOT PAYING!! but where do i stand?? as the pass was not displayed properly? also i was declared insolvent on the 13th of october last year so i dont want debt collectors causing a problem for my IVA If this may happen?

I recognise the letter "please rest assured our appeals manager has personally reviewed this case". It is just a standard BS template that UKPC send out.

So far so good then. They have not responded to your reasonable requests for information / substantiation, they have simply steamrollered ahead.

In your position I'd simply proceed straight to the "cease and desist" letter.

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I refer to previous correspondence.

I do not feel that you are acting reasonably in this matter.

I have asked you to provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me and you have not done so. I feel that I have done all that I can to assist you. Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to help you further in this matter.

This alleged debt therefore remains disputed by me. Save for supplying the evidence referred to above I must ask you to cease and desist correspondence with me.

Other than as described above, any further correspondence from you or any other party in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

Yours faithfully

The final reminders don't add anything. The fact that you've had two of them is particularly telling.

I take it that they still have not responded to your earlier request for information / substantiation?

I must admit that, after the documented antics of CPS - see thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/144237-warning-combined-parking-solutions.html

I've had a road to damascus experience, I just was not prepared for the lengths that some of these companies will go to just to chase down a £85 parking ticket. There is absolutely no evidence that UKPC are like that, they would appear to just play the percentage game Threat, threat, threat, threat, oh... they aren't paying are they - lets move on to the next joe.

On balance I'd say with the big players like UKPC & Euro Car Parks - use the templates, with the smaller fry - just blank completely.

Long winded I know but, yes I would send the cease & desist letter, then sit back and ignore everything short of genuine stamped court papers [That is not going to happen].

I agree with Barnsley Boy - PPCs can be grouped by characteristics. Probably based on the experience and 'style' of the controlling mind behind the company. It comes all down to that and the resultant methods they have found to up their percentages.

Four initial categories:-

1) The dripping tap of pleading paperwork type e.g. UKPC - very common model IMV. The most common probably.

2) The aggressive (completely outrageous paperwork) type that can never take a case to a real Court without risking a hammering from the judge e.g. Napier - not that common but there are quite a few of these.

3) The wild and whacky type e.g. CPS - not too many of these as nature doesn't allow it too often.

4) The large industrial combine type e.g. Excel - they do go to court occasionally but lose despite their resources and funds... - a handful of these all well known and with a big business to protect hence they won't go to court too often at all.

of these (initial four) categories only a subset will get actively involved in forum argy bargy (trolling) - easy to see which types that will be.

the rest will watch though... they ALL love an easy pigeon and a splash headline they can spin into an 'landmark' case (yeah, as if its really a landmark). NONE of them look forward to a properly defended case and will run from one.

Hence the need to know the company name - or if you don't want to name the company in case of 'eyes' (see the thread about CPS 'eyes') then at least name the category in your posts. If unsure a PM to the obviously non-PPCtroll posters here will help folks categorise the company.

is this an idea worthy of inclusion in the SOP of the board ? Should we have a sticky that classfies the PPCs. by including the actual names in the sticky new posters could make a selection and just point to e.g. 'a category 1 PPC'.

it wouldn't take long to populate this with the traffic we get here - and the traffic we already have on the board...as long as the initial categories have more than one member then thats enough.

As it builds we could include extra information about each PPC. Company renames (phoenixing) would then also be catered for.

by all means improve/tear down/ this straw man folks.

Edited by lamma

Additionally:

Create a post named Parking Tickets Company Companies with all known to us PPCs' full and abbreviated names, i.e.:

Abstact Parking Company APC

Ballooney Parking Solutions BPS

Cuckoo International Parking Enforcement CIPE

... etc.

Then below something like:

If you have found this page via Google or other internet search please do not reply to this post but read this - (links to Letters and background information). If you want to post your question and register follow this links - (Register and the Current Top page of the forum links). Then in RED the warning not to post any private info that can identify them.

Put this one up on the Sticky, so it always stays on top.

Edited by ThisIsRacket

• 1 month later...

right i thought ukpc had given up but i was wrong! i received a letter from crs professional debt collectors the letter says you have failed to respond to our previous letter.This may result in either legal action being commenced against you or a visit from a doorstep collector. if legal action were to be taken, your debt would increase in respect of court fees and legal costs. to prevent this matter proceeding to court you should make payment in full now. any advice????????

so what ?

does that make their 'penalty' enforceable in any way ?

either ignore or send back the standard 'refer back to UKPC' letter

Churchill are a well known name here - that is not the only name they use by the way - have a look around.

I wouldn't waste an envelope nor a stamp. your choice.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i received a letter from rossendales collect today requesting moneys!! they also sent 2 enlarged photos of "my car" 1 i admit is my car but not a very good photo and not showing the dash that well, the other is of the same color but has a sunroof and vents on the bonnet which mine clearly hasnt!! has any one heard of this rosssendales?? im still not paying though! and will be contacting them monday but any suggestions???

• 4 weeks later...

ok i thought it had all died down but ive had a load of new letters while i was on holiday, two from rossendales saying there is a notice of vist to collect payment and then two from crs threatening court actionluckily i live with my parents and dont own anything in the house, and the car is on hirepurchase still so they cant take that as i was declared bankrupt last year so any court action will be a waist of time and money as im paying all i can afford to my creditors as it is!, personally i hope they take me to court so i can waist there time and money!! but if you were in my shoes what would you do??? and have you heard of this CRS?? thanks

They're well known.

A 'notice of visit to collect payment' is a common ploy. Chances of a visit are miniscule. Even if they did turn up, all they can do is knock on the door and say "could we have our money please".

Just ignore.

ok i thought it had all died down but ive had a load of new letters while i was on holiday, two from rossendales saying there is a notice of vist to collect payment and then two from crs threatening court actionluckily i live with my parents and dont own anything in the house, and the car is on hirepurchase still so they cant take that as i was declared bankrupt last year so any court action will be a waist of time and money as im paying all i can afford to my creditors as it is!, personally i hope they take me to court so i can waist there time and money!! but if you were in my shoes what would you do??? and have you heard of this CRS?? thanks

This is just bluster. Debt collection agencies cannot force you to pay anything. What they rely on are threats and bluster to try and imtimidate you into paying.

Lets see two from Rossendales, no court action. Two from CRS, no court action. Bit of a pattern - smacks of desperation.

You can either continue to ignore or write a letter stating that the debt is disputed and they should refer it back to their client. Personally I would send them, a debt is disputed, take me to court or go away letter and then ignore anything further. File their letters in case they do try it on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 7 months later...

ok thought id update been a while now since i had a phone call from credit security when they informed me that they were no longer pursuing the parking tickets all advice proved by this site worked thanks to everyone who replied and gave advice. anyone who gets a ticket and reads this listen to this site and dont pay these robbing pirates who pass out these tickets!!