HFC/Restons/Charging Order - ***ORDER REMOVED***WON***

Satterthwaite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Phoenix had until 4 pm today to comply or the case will be struck out.

They have not complied GOOD!

I can now set about having the charging order removed.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!

Official notification from the court received today,

The judgement has been set aside and the claim now stands as struck out.

RESULT!

Hi Satterthwaite

Congratulations on a very satisfying result! :D:D

I've been away for a couple of weeks and since my return I've not been able to get on here as much as I could before, so I've only just seen this, but that is excellent news. I'm a bit surprised that no-one else has commented since you posted the above. :???:

Anyway, I'm just taking a break from re-reading the complete thread to type this, so back to that task now!

Cheers

Rob

Just a quick question about Costs.

I did ask for my costs but there was no mention of them in the letter I received from court.

How do I get a costs awarded?

Thanks

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

• 4 weeks later...

Satterthwaite, just read your thread- Congratulations:D We are thinking of going for set aside and I was a bit put off by the time that has passed (granted in May 08) HFC and Restons again:rolleyes: - this has given me some food for thought -Well done:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Hi Satterthwaite

Congratulations! Would have replied sooner but didn't get notiifcation that messages thread had been updated - (maybe my new spam filter)!

I am in a similar position i.e HFC/Restons/Marlin charging order etc. and will starting a strategy soon!

Regards

Interweb

Hi

Ok, just read through the complete thread again.

Has anyone ever got any paperwork out of HFC or Marlins showing that the debt was indeed sold on?

Way back when Marlin took over, Marlin informed me that they now owned the debt but a recent letter from them states they are now acting for their client, HFC....most confusing?

Thanx

Interweb

Edited by interweb
typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems nearly everyday somebody asks about overturning a CCJ + C.O it can be done with a bit of research and effort.

• 3 weeks later...

excellent result. Have subbed as a reference for my case.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

- This quote has been attributed to Mark Twain

• 1 month later...

Belated congratulations on this excellent result. Thread marked as won and moved to successes forum.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It seems nearly everyday somebody asks about overturning a CCJ + C.O it can be done with a bit of research and effort.

Just read every entry on your thread, very inspiring. I have a CO on my property through Restons/HFC and never had a clue about paperwork etc. Basically just accepted i couldnt win.

I have just sent a cca and sar to Restons, so will see what happens next.

Congratulations.

Just read every entry on your thread, very inspiring. I have a CO on my property through Restons/HFC and never had a clue about paperwork etc. Basically just accepted i couldnt win.

I have just sent a cca and sar to Restons, so will see what happens next.

Congratulations.

I too have a charging order through HFC/Restons/Marlins (whatever they call themselves!!) and have just received the papers I requested in my SAR letter from 8.4.9. However it ust seems to be paperwork from when they the DRC took over the debt with no sign of any credit agreement. Can I go to court to get it overturned on this basis??

I too have a charging order through HFC/Restons/Marlins (whatever they call themselves!!) and have just received the papers I requested in my SAR letter from 8.4.9. However it ust seems to be paperwork from when they the DRC took over the debt with no sign of any credit agreement. Can I go to court to get it overturned on this basis??

My advice would be to start a thread in debt forum/legal issues and find out. My case is with Marlin and I'm attempting to get a CCJ overturned..early days yet but so far they have not produced anything in the way of a CA either. ;)

Just state your case and wait for the expert help to come along..

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Satterthwaite

I'm about to get stuck into these guys.

Just to recap, first you objected to Marlin's assigngment and then to have the judgement overturned you argument was that the credit agreement was invalid. Is that correct? But they failed to produce any paperwork and the original udgement and charging orders were set aside.....is that the gist?

Thanks for your help.

IW

congratulations

do i read this story right?

the reason you managed to get the set aside was a foolish move to assign the debt after the ccj and charging order were in place?

so if you had just made the set aside application and they hadnt done this you would have had a job due to the time elapse?

have i got that right

Interweb and diddydicky, the fact that the debt was sold on after the CCJ and the C.O helped me because it certainly muddied the waters, I still think I would have stood a chance even if it had not because there was no proof that there was a legal agreement in force between myself and HFC.

There is no time limit, although the sooner you can apply for a set aside the better.

It is very important where a creditor has obtained a CCJ by default that you try to get as much info from them by a SAR and see what they have, if they did not have enough to prove their case then I would urge anybody reading this to have a go at overturning theCCJ you will certainly find enough resources and help from people on these forums.

Good Luck

• Haha 1