And the host is...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lenny Henry to host Credit Today Awards - 25/03/2008

Credit Today online

Comedian Lenny Henry is to host this year’s Credit Today Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London, on 15 May.

The awards ceremony is in its ninth year and has this year achieved a record number of entries from companies who have previously never entered. For the first time there are categories for best payment culture, and best use of technology.

Lenny Henry is confirmed to host the event. He famously made his televisual debut when he won the New Faces talent competition back in 1975. By 1984, he had his own show – the Lenny Henry Show – which ran for a decade. He has won numerous awards, including BBC British Personality of the Year and the Edric Connor Inspiration to Black People Award.

The Credit Today Awards will be judged by a panel of experts from all sectors of the credit industry throughout the beginning of April, with finalists to be announced mid April.

Nice one Lenny:confused::o:rolleyes:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

This would be the same Lenny Henry who appears on our televisions raisng money for people in poverty throughout the world and for the rich nations to write off third world debt. What about the people who for whatever reason have got themselves into huge amounts of debt and find themselves regularly harrased by this industry who see fit to celebrate their successes and congratulate their peers for turning other peoples misery into a huge profit and a cause for much celebration and sycophantic back slapping.

Shame on you Lenny

I quite like Lenny, as I'm sure many others do.

Don't string him up just yet - he might change his mind when he realises how hypocritical it looks to the wider public.

In his defence, presenting the awards of "Credit Today" seems innocent enough in itself.....he probably hasn't even thought about the bigger picture. :(

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Cant stand Lenny Henry hes the most unfunniest comedians about. That goes the same for his wife!!!

He must be getting a bit skint as hes doing a poor job advertising a hotel chain.

Stick to your red noses :mad:

HAK

Maybe hes the new face of the door step callers, harass and throws in a joke, maybe.

How about this little gem:

What's the difference between Heather Mills and Northern Rock?

One's unstable and robs pensioners and the other's a building society.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I like him but its a pity we couldnt get in and armed with eggs for the nominees:p

Tomatoes would be infinitely better. Especially if they're still in the tin.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

How about this little gem:

What's the difference between Heather Mills and Northern Rock?

One's unstable and robs pensioners and the other's a building society.

Fred

:lol: :lol:

Fred, shouldn't you be fixing your chandeliers? Quick, before the CAGbot gets you :o

Hi All,

I just sent this email to Mr. Lenny Henri via his website (thanx for the link ODC! ;))

"Lenny, you're a very funny guy.

You've done so much good work for the impoverished people in the world so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't host this award show...

The Credit Awards will celebrate the work of THE DEBT COLLECTION INDUSTRY, an industry that have caused so much misery, stress and even suicide amongst the ordinary folks you love to entertain and assist with your charity work.

Please look at this:

Grandmother 'terrorised' to death after bank wrongly hounded her for £16,000 | the Daily Mail

and you will see what I mean.

Thanx Lenny"

Ok, so I didn't kick off exactly but I was trying to appeal to his human side!

:D

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

:lol: :lol:

Fred, shouldn't you be fixing your chandeliers? Quick, before the CAGbot gets you :o

Chandeliers all fixed and swinging nicely. All I've got to get right is the angle of the dangle!

Regards.

Fred

Cheers Brassed!

Give us a click on the old scales then please? ;)

And then get registered on

Welcome to Lenny Henry dot com

and let's bombard him!!! :D

• Haha 1

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

I worry about you Fred, I really do :D

Hey Poss, that'll do. I think he'll get the drift ;)

Don't worry, I think I've worked it out. 137 degrees after 8 swings exactly.

UPDATE

Just got an email back off the NOTW and they have passed it on to a reporter to look into it!!!

This could be fun

HAK

• Haha 3

WAY TO GO HAK!!!!

SUPERB!!! :D

I'm gonna tip your scales!!!

Well I signed up and posted him an email. He must be desperate. Mind you, If I was married to Dawn French then I'd want to spend as much time out of the house as I could, so maybe it's understandable. She's a gert maid that one. What he must go through.

Regards to all.

Fred