Simcap v Scabby National

simcap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goody, goody, goody. Another letter from Scabbey. This one is almost the same as the last except now they have done the FULL investigation ( all 1 day of it ) and have said "on your bike", what's new?

And I have a new friend at the Scabbey Teresa Bryant.

Must say though, the letter was quite nice and not condicending.

Still sueing them!!!!!!:D

Simcap.:???:

lol @ Jon ;)

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

yes but if i had to stand up in court i forget the power of speech i be a gibbering wreck imagine the headline lady stands up in court and cant even speak her name ive done jury service you know im Rumpole of the bailey dont you know!!

In my past I have done a lot of public speaking. At first you don't know what to say and what you do say comes out stuttered and sounds wrong. But as you get used to it you get better at it and eventually you don't even think about it, it just happens.

Simcap.:eek:

yes but if i had to stand up in court i forget the power of speech i be a gibbering wreck imagine the headline lady stands up in court and cant even speak her name ive done jury service you know im Rumpole of the bailey dont you know!!

Don't lose your bottle now. Why dont you go to the top & request a buddy in case you do have to go to court.

If that fails post a request on the thread indicating the area of the country you live in

• 2 weeks later...

Better Late than never.

Was supposed to send LBA last Friday, but work and kids got in way.

It is typed, printed, stuffed and ready to go tomorrow. I am only giving then 7 days to comply as that is what I put in my first letter.

Let's see what happens.8)

Simcap.:???:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Have not forgoten about this, as I am going for the fast track root I am having to save up a bit more spare cash to pay for it. So I hope to have a claim going in in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Then all hell will break lose. Or they will delay then pay up (I hope).

Thats all for now. Will keep you all informed.

Simcap.:?

Oh look, a letter from the Scabbey.

Dear ----

Thank you for your recent letter dated 31 August 2006 (this letter received 21 September 2006) enclosing a schedule of bank charges you are claiming. I am sorry you have not received my original response to our letter dated 4 August 2006. I have enclosed a copy of my reply dated 16 August 2006 for your information.

Blah Blah Blah, Blah Blah blah.

Yours sincerely Teresa Bryant

(My new friend)

Not worth typing the rest, it's a waist of time.

Another worthless letter from Scabbey National.

Simcap:-x

• 3 weeks later...

Im ready to start court paperwork now, where do I start? Do I go to the courts with a filled in form then ask how much or the other way round.

I am going fast track as the amount is just over 10k.

Any comments on precedings would be good.

Simcap:-?

Dear Simcap

We are in the process of going against the Abbey we filled in our Court forms and went along to the Court and paid the fee. They were really helpful in the Court if you get too confused, our claim is for £13,000 and we have requested Fast Track and have just heard from the Court that we have been allocated to the Fast Track and we have to have our lists of documents to be disclosed in next Friday (13th!!). Don't be afraid there are so many good people on this site who have helped us when we got confused. Good luck to you.

Catherine and Dave

:D :D :DMoney in account £13216.66!!!!

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

SPML - issued MCOL on 21.11.06!

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Capital One-going to issue MCOL for £1243!

• 2 months later...

Happy new year to you all.

I am about to fulfill my first new years resolusion. I have now typed and printed three copies of all the relivent paperwork and have the court fees to proceed with my claim at last. I will be claiming £10250.00 plud daily charges, so the longer they take to comply the more they have to pay. Let them take thier time, I don't care it will cost them more.

Will be filing these papers on Monday and (although I said they can delay, I would prefer them not to) be paid out within 28 days I hope.

All the best in your claims.

Simcap.:-?

word of caution it may not be that quick. my case with shabbey goes like this so far, ( wayy smaller ammt tho just over a grand) file court papers, 14 days abbey intend to defend ( literally by the skin of their teeth in time) 14 days later they actually defend.(28 days from filing) AQ arrives and they take 21 days to look that over ( 49 days from filing) they then take a further two weeks to actually submit it with no explanation of the lateness (63 days from filing) i then got the notice of hearing date ( a week after it was typed cos of the xmas post) now at (70 days from filing) and they have till march 23rd for the hearing to faff about further. so look at it more as a possible 6 months, just in case. as i said im SC and you are going FT so it may be different ball game, spesh since you can force them to disclose and they will pay up before they have to do that , but dont spend it just yet :)

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Thanks for that traceyrmj,

So an extra 70-160 days interest at about £1.95 per day. That works out between £136.50 - £312.00. Let them draw it out as long as they want. I may even break the 11k amount if they wait long enough. Also I can, if I get anymore charges ( I hope I don't) add them if they delay too long also.

Simcap:D

Hello all,

Just a quick question.

On the N1 form on page 1 in the main section there is a value section which I have put the charges, interest and court charges. Under that at the bottom right there is another section which also asks for values. inthe amount to claim do I put the total of charges and interest or just charges?

Many thanks

Simcap:?

• 2 weeks later...

Update time.

I put in my claim on the 12th January and amazingly the courts sent it to the defendant on the 11th of January. ( I have such faith in the court system!!!!!):-o It was deemd served on the 14th which was a Sunday? I did not think there was post on a Sunday. The Scabbey had until the 29th of Jan' to reply.

Got a reply today from the Court saying," The Defendant filed an Acknowledgement of Service on 19th Jan 2007.

The defendant responded to the claim indicating ab intention to defend all of the claim.

The defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of claim, to file a defence. (I assume this means 28 days from the 14th Jan):confused:

The defendant has given a new address for service of documents.

2 Triton Square

Regents Place

London

NW1 3AN

(This is the same address as I put on my claim???? Why is it classed as a NEW address????):confused:

Any thoughts/comments

Simcap:cool:

Hi sim,

Just a word to say keep going with your claim.........you've got so far and for £10K it's got to be worth it. I am a few weeks behind you yet but for a similar amount, so I'll keep watching your thread.:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Have received a letter from Scabbey today saying they are reviewing the claim and preparing a response. A defence will be filed in due course.

They have asked for my e-mail and phone number. I will only give them my e-mail address as I do not want them phoning me.

I will keep you all informed as and when I hear anything.

Simcap

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well nothing yet. They have until the 11th February to put in a defence.

Question. Can I track the progress of my case on-line? As I would like to know when they put their defence in.

Thanks for now.

Simcap:confused: