The British Stick Insect Foundation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You obviously haven't read the link I put on this thread to the "British Stick Insect Foundation".

For ease of reference I have cut and pasted an explanation to how Stickop hid from me:-

Many people wonder how it is that Phasmids achieve such remarkable feats of concealment. The answer is so simple that some will doubt it: the insects themselves are shaped like twigs! Lest anyone doubt you on this plain statement of fact, simply point out to them that the derivation of the word “Stick” as in “Stick Insect” and “stick” as in “stick of wood” are identical.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's grown another leg !!!!! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

one of the worst things I ever had to admit to was baking my kids colony of stick insects.

I'd only tried to be helpful and clean out the jar they were in, but on a really hot day I left them in a nice, clean, sparkling jar on the kitchen windowsill, without any misting or condensation.:o :eek:

and there they were an hour later...........frazzled

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

For future reference, should you acquire any new stick insects (and accidently do the same to them) ;)

Phasmid soup

Ideal for a light snack, this simple recipe makes a summer treat.

• 20g fresh stick insects
  • 1 large onion
  • 1tsp ground cinnamon
  • Paprika to taste

Quickly roast the insects in a small cauldron, and set aside. Boil the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the insects and continue boiling for about 2 minutes, until they start to become soft. Transfer to a blender, and puree. Serve with toast.

Stick Insect a la Rouge

A beautiful looking dish that is perfect for special occasions.

• 1 plump stick insect, filleted
  • 1 strand of saffron
  • 6-8 grains of rice
  • Small dab of butter
  • 1 parsley leaf

Place the saffron in the thorax of the stick insect, and fry in the butter until brown. Meanwhile, steam the rice and place in a warm serving dish about 3 cm in diameter. Place the cooked insect on the rice bed, and lay the parsley around its head. Serve immediately.

you'd need a swarm to make 20g.........there's not a lot of meat on them:p

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Not if they are this size :D

goliath.jpg

that's not a stick insect...................it's a branch insect:p

:o charley!!! i cant believe you cooked your childrens pets!!!

I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to!:confused: :confused:

it was an accident, honest...........please don't be mad at me:o

one of the worst things I ever had to admit to was baking my kids colony of stick insects.

I'd only tried to be helpful and clean out the jar they were in, but on a really hot day I left them in a nice, clean, sparkling jar on the kitchen windowsill, without any misting or condensation.:o :eek:

and there they were an hour later...........frazzled

Trust you!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hi hun) Bet you thought you could hide in here....no chance!:p :p

ps what a wicked stick insect....my youngest son wants one now:o :o

Trust you!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hi hun) Bet you thought you could hide in here....no chance!:p :p

ps what a wicked stick insect....my youngest son wants one now:o

there's no escape:p :p

actually.......................I want one of those monsters as well....and not to bake:D

Don't throw a ball for it in the woods, would you ever find it again ?? :D

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Last night Sticko shed its skin. Amazingly he/she/it has wings!!!!!

100_0162.jpg?t=1211976521

she will have to get through my tights first :D

she is in a lovely tank, but when we first got her, she was really tiny and I thought that she might escape, so I cut up a pair of tights and put them on the top.

Why where the hell are you keeping her for goodness sake:eek:
:lol::lol::lol:

That is impressive Jo. Did it leg ever grow back?? :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

yep. All 6 legs are present now. :D