The British Stick Insect Foundation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

she is in a lovely tank, but when we first got her, she was really tiny and I thought that she might escape, so I cut up a pair of tights and put them on the top.

Thank gawd for that Jo you had me worried for a minute

Still, new skin? new wings? all it's legs? I tell you it's hatching a plan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talking about hatching plan :lol:

Last month she laid about 25 - 30 eggs. My parents looked after her whilst myself + family went on holiday. I've just picked her up and there are 4 ickle teeeeny tiny babies crawling around. :eek:

anyone want a stick insect for a pet???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Congratulations jo - I told you you'd be a stick insect's granny, didn't I ?LOL :p Now you're FOUR stick insect's granny.......... :lol::lol:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Any pictures of the little ones Jo?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

From the French camouflagier, meaning to conceal oneself from one’s predators or prey by means of appearing similar or identical to one’s surroundings, the word is taken by us to mean “hiding”.

ahhh.... i always wondered about that :D

So delicate. .. Thanks for the Pic. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

hmmm yep still dont want one though sorry jo would be scared the cats might get it there ingenius are my cats pssst dont tell my daughter shell want one :Dxxkia

ok kia :(

I'll let them know they are unwanted :(

(sniff...snifff....sniffffffffffff)

are you feeling guilty yet ;):lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yep sniff sniff noo kia put that fly down opsss :rolleyes:hmmm still a no then xxkia ps shhhh whisper cos if she hears the animal saviour will want one lol

Cheers Bona :) they are very to cheap to keep as they only eat brambles. The only expense is something to keep them in. You can get a tank from the pet shop up the road for about £12.

They are Madagascan pink winged stick insects. Its been quite fascinating watching the Mum grow from a teeeny tiny thing to what she is now with beautiful wings.

another one has hatched today. It's all crinkled up, so we have called it Crinkle.

The others are called Speedy, Munch, Jade and Yoko :D

shouldnt the one with no leg have been legless :grin::grin:xxkia

I would say that' s a matter of a pinion , kia :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

one Mum and 5 babies now. The babies are soooooo cute :)

Wow! sextuplets, jo :) . Pretty prolific this sticky mum of yours........ LOL!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Unbelievably there was no father. Clever ickle Sticko managed to produce all by herself :eek: