• Tweets

• Is the letter headed Letter of Claim/before Claim or similar? If not, it sounds like more of the threatogram chain. If you're not sure, post up an anonymised copy of the letter and we'll check. HB
    • So guess what, we have received a final demand letter for £100. It states if payment is not made by 11/06 they will have no option but to forward the case to their litigation dept with a view to commence County Court Proceedings. So just wondering if anyone has any advice. Do we ignore this? or do we need to take action? Thanks 
    • hi dx, thanks for helping just re-reading everything this morning and I must have missed this one from uncle in his thread "What you should not do, is not contact the Banks and simply default on payments. "  are you in disagreement with this based on your last sentence?
    • Thanks for the reply and clarification, that might just explain why in my case contact has pretty much ceased. Though with such companies it doesn't mean they won't ever threaten to return to court as a tool to force one's hand if they feel they are not self informed on their chances etc.  But concerning how last year they tried to use the CCJ to get a charging order and the court granted an intirum order on our mortgage using the CCJ that would have been a good 2-3 months beyond the 6 years, should the court not have checked the age of the CCJ in the first case or would they always grant an interim order simply off the back of a CCJ being produced without even checking the age of it?.  Had I not defended that action at the time they may well have got a default using a CCJ older than 6 years which could be a concern going forwards. At the time when I contacted the court to question the paperwork for a final order application the clerk suggested people don't get informed when companies apply for interim charging orders, they are automatic if a claimant has a CCJ and people only get contacted once a date for a final order application goes through. kind of begs the question if such companies can continue a seemingly backdoor method to attempt default action if un-defended if the initial application doesn't need to check the age of a CCJ?.
    • Hello!  Wondering if someone can help with this.  I suspect not but worth a go.  I appreciate the "contract is with the seller" line, which is what Evri has fed me but wanted to see if someone with experience in these things could suggest anything else I could do here.  I appreciate there are many topics about lost parcels - My parcels weren't lost, until the driver walked up to my door with them and then decided to make them lost/stolen... I'll summarise what has happened.  Wednesday of last week - Evri delivery driver stole / walked off with 3 of my parcels.  -  Arrived outside my properly, took photos (3 separate photos as its 3 separate deliveries) of the tops of the parcels (pointlessly zoomed in on just the labels, couldn't see anything else, other than a small piece of the pavement and a little weed, which doubly confirms it was outside my door as I can see the same plant), marked the order as delivered and walked off with them.  He's marked on the Evri GPS marked that he was outside.   -  3 different deliveries, from the same company (same boxes etc.), but 3 separate tracking numbers. -  Went through the Evri bot which opened a case on each tracking number.  I then phoned them and left a voicemail explaining what had happened. -  24 hours later had a canned response asking me if the packages had turned up and to check around etc..  I responded explaining again what happened and that they've definitely been taken. -  4 days later,  this morning, I get a response telling me to ask the merchant to refund me. I've responded to this message with a long email, repeating what I said, that I believe the driver has stolen these packages and that he took those suspicious top down shots of the packages, marked them as delivered without ringing or knocking etc.  I've said that I expect them to investigate further, but I gather they won't. In my several messages to them initially and later, I told them I don't care about a refund and wanted the parcels.  They contain some sentimental stuff, nothing of high monetary value, hence me going to this trouble.  I only paid £25 for the contents. I did contact the merchant when this first happened and they asked me to wait a few days.  They ended up refunding me despite me asking them not to and that I wanted them to escalate it with Evri because this appears to be a case of theft.  They didn't seem bothered - Refunded me and told me to go back to Evri and escalate it with them? So - Is there any way to compel Evri to conduct a proper investigation with this driver?  Search for my parcels? I have quite a lot of deliveries handled by Evri (not out of choice) - They used to have a fantastic chap and I rarely had any issues.  He has been replaced by a new guy and I believe the route is handled by this same guy who I believe has taken my packages.  Naturally, I fear this is going to happen again in the future if no investigation occurs. Appreciate any assistance - Thanks for reading. Al.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Royal bank of Scotland claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bump x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Mariner, I hope this is not too late to be useful.

It seems to me that the sole reason for your wife’s default judgment was because she was unable to file her acknowledgement of claim in time. Sending the acknowledgement by registered post was a brave effort, but just too late.

Most (but not all) judges will make allowances for litigants in person so, if you ask politely, the judge might well allow you to speak for your wife. I would not be afraid of telling the judge that you are defending a similar claim. After all, if you are successful with your set-aside application, the judge might well decide to hear both claims together. I would not assume that, just because you have heard nothing in respect of your claim, they won’t follow through with it eventually. Treat it very much as an ongoing claim.

As to the reasons why a judge might allow your set-aside application, Car2403 has stated the technical points which bring RBS’s claim into question and you yourself have summarised the mechanical reasons regarding dates, timings, etc, in tonight’s post. So, I would set out your arguments as follows:

• the reason why the default judgment came about
  • the technical weaknesses in the RBS claim
  • the unfairness of the timing of the hearing against RBSs’ failure to respond
  • your confidence that there is a case to defend based on the above.

Good luck tomorrow. :)

Els.

• Haha 1

Mariner - good luck tomorrow I hope things go your way etc.. - I am not sure if the following helps you out regarding pre court protocols etc.. - all the stuff these companies should do before taking court action :rolleyes: as if they ever do :rolleyes:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements-181.html#post610967

PRE-ACTION BEHAVIOUR IN OTHER CASES

4.1 In cases not covered by any approved protocol, the court will expect the parties, in accordance with the overriding objective and the matters referred to in CPR 1.1(2)(a), (b) and ©, to act reasonably in exchanging information and documents relevant to the claim and generally in trying to avoid the necessity for the start of proceedings.

4.2 Parties to a potential dispute should follow a reasonable procedure, suitable to their particular circumstances, which is intended to avoid litigation. The procedure should not be regarded as a prelude to inevitable litigation. It should normally include –

(a)the claimant writing to give details of the claim;

(b)the defendant acknowledging the claim letter promptly;

©the defendant giving within a reasonable time a detailed written response; and

(d)the parties conducting genuine and reasonable negotiations with a view to settling the claim economically and without court proceedings.

4.3 The claimant's letter should –

(a)give sufficient concise details to enable the recipient to understand and investigate the claim without extensive further information;

(b)enclose copies of the essential documents which the claimant relies on;

©ask for a prompt acknowledgement of the letter, followed by a full written response within a reasonable stated period;

(For many claims, a normal reasonable period for a full response may be one month.)

(d)state whether court proceedings will be issued if the full response is not received within the stated period;

(e)identify and ask for copies of any essential documents, not in his possession, which the claimant wishes to see;

(f)state (if this is so) that the claimant wishes to enter into mediation or another alternative method of dispute resolution; and

(g)draw attention to the court's powers to impose sanctions for failure to comply with this practice direction and, if the recipient is likely to be unrepresented, enclose a copy of this practice direction.

4.4 The defendant should acknowledge the claimant's letter in writing within 21 days of receiving it. The acknowledgement should state when the defendant will give a full written response. If the time for this is longer than the period stated by the claimant, the defendant should give reasons why a longer period is needed.

4.5 The defendant's full written response should as appropriate –

(a)accept the claim in whole or in part and make proposals for settlement; or

(b)state that the claim is not accepted.

If the claim is accepted in part only, the response should make clear which part is accepted and which part is not accepted.

4.6 If the defendant does not accept the claim or part of it, the response should –

(a)give detailed reasons why the claim is not accepted, identifying which of the claimant's contentions are accepted and which are in dispute;

(b)enclose copies of the essential documents which the defendant relies on;

©enclose copies of documents asked for by the claimant, or explain why they are not enclosed;

(d)identify and ask for copies of any further essential documents, not in his possession, which the defendant wishes to see; and

(The claimant should provide these within a reasonably short time or explain in writing why he is not doing so.)

(e)state whether the defendant is prepared to enter into mediation or another alternative method of dispute resolution.

4.7 The parties should consider whether some form of alternative dispute resolution procedure would be more suitable than litigation, and if so, endeavour to agree which form to adopt. Both the Claimant and Defendant may be required by the Court to provide evidence that alternative means of resolving their dispute were considered. The Courts take the view that litigation should be a last resort, and that claims should not be issued prematurely when a settlement is still actively being explored. Parties are warned that if this paragraph is not followed then the court must have regard to such conduct when determining costs;

It is not practicable in this Practice Direction to address in detail how the parties might decide which method to adopt to resolve their particular dispute. However, summarised below are some of the options for resolving disputes without litigation:

bull_black.gif Discussion and negotiation.

bull_black.gif Early neutral evaluation by an independent third party (for example, a lawyer experienced in that field or an individual experienced in the subject matter of the claim).

bull_black.gif Mediation – a form of facilitated negotiation assisted by an independent neutral party.

The Legal Services Commission has published a booklet on ‘Alternatives to Court’, CLS Direct Information Leaflet 23 (www.clsdirect.org.uk/legalhelp/leaflet23.jsp), which lists a number of organisations that provide alternative dispute resolution services.

It is expressly recognised that no party can or should be forced to mediate or enter into any form of ADR.

4.8 Documents disclosed by either party in accordance with this practice direction may not be used for any purpose other than resolving the dispute, unless the other party agrees.

4.9 The resolution of some claims, but by no means all, may need help from an expert. If an expert is needed, the parties should wherever possible and to save expense engage an agreed expert.

4.10 Parties should be aware that, if the matter proceeds to litigation, the court may not allow the use of an expert's report, and that the cost of it is not always recoverable.

These are taken from here Civil Procedure Rules

PRACTICE DIRECTION – PROTOCOLS -

• Haha 1

Many thanks Elsinore,

Our plan is to wait until my wife is asked to comment on the matter and at that point she will ask if I could speak on her behalf. Before we enter the court I was planning to ask the court staff if there was a procedure for this.

My wife is imagining a court full of jurors and wigs. I have told her it's more a formal office setting. I hope I'm right!!! (For my sake.)

On a lighter note: A court setting does not intimidate me, however. I once many years ago (1993 I think) defended myself on a minor motoring charge which at the time would have carried 2 penalty points and a £50 fine. I talked myself into 4 points and a £270 fine.

Oh no! rambling again!

I should have called myself 'Rambler' not 'Mariner'. I was only posting to thank you.

Regards

Mariner

Our plan is to wait until my wife is asked to comment on the matter and at that point she will ask if I could speak on her behalf. Before we entered the court I was planning to ask the court staff if there was a procedure for this.

Good idea. The court staff are usually very helpul and will know the foibles of the particular judge who is hearing your case.

My wife is imagining a court full of jurors and wigs. I have told her it's more a formal office setting. I hope I'm right!!! (For my sake.)

It depends on the size of your County Court. Very often it's just a room with a couple of large desks. Even if it is a real court room with a raised bench, it'll still only be the three of you (I'm presuming RBS won't show!).

On a lighter note: A court setting does not intimidate me, however. I once many years ago (1993 I think) defended myself on a minor motoring charge which at the time would have carried 2 penalty points and a £50 fine. I talked myself into 4 points and a £270 fine.

Try not to have the same effect tomorrow.;)

Els

Wishing you all the best for today x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Quick question - anybody.

Should a default notice be sent to me by recorded post.

Regards

There's no requirement for it to be recorded, but you might find it was.

The only requirement is that it is sent to the last known address. (s.87/s.88 CCA 1974)

Thanks for that Car.

However we have just got back from the court. No real result - the judge seemed to be very clued up and gave the RBS solicitor a hard time and told them to get their act together re: CCA, SAR and CPR requests. Now it's adjourned till mid June.

At one point the solicitor said we had been contacted prior to all this by Green and Co. - never heard of them!

Will post again later.

Regards and thanks to all.

Mariner,

When you say no real result - do you mean that the summary judgement wasn't set aside? A summary judgement means you've lost.

From what you said it was set aside and there is going to be a hearing. That is a real result. If you hadn't got it set aside then the judge would have been asking you how you were going to pay

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm posting to keep this thread live, once again I have been away working and the opportunity to use the the internet for any length of time with any privacy is virtually nil. I have had a letter from the court with the date of the next hearing. I will post details later (this coming weekend.)

Regards

Hello,

An update.

First of all - we received this from the county court dated 6th May.

General form of judgement or order.

Claim no./names and addresses etc.

Before district judge --- sitting at ---- county court etc.

Upon hearing the solicitor for the claimant and the defendant in person.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The application be adjourned until the 23rd June at county court etc.

time estimate 20 mins.

2. There is permission to claimant to file and serve amended particulars of claim to comply with the CPR (if so advised) by 4pm on the 30th May.

3. The proposed defence shall be filed and served by 4pm on the 13th June.

At this point I was wondering if the application to set aside the CCJ was going to be successful because reading the above it does'nt seem to address the fact that this was an application to set aside instigated by ourselves.

However we received this today from Irwin Mitchells

Names,addresses, claim Nos. etc.

WITHOUT PREDJUDICE

Dear Mr and Mrs Mariner

We refer to the above matters.

Our client has confirmed that they are unable to supply a true copy of the loan agreement pursuant to section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974. We are therefore instructed to cease the proceedings in respect of the balance outstanding on the loan account.

The balance outstanding on the current account is£69.00 therfore please contact xxxxxx of this office on 0161 838 3099 within the next 7 days to arrange payment of this sum or to discuss a payment arrangement. On receipt of payment in the sum of £69.00 we will file a notice of discontinuance in respect of both claims.

yours faithfully.

My first instinct was to send the £69.00 immediately - but I had second thoughts.

Doe's this make the CCJ set aside any more likely?

Will post again shortly with a couple of questions.

Many thanks and regards

Hello,

An update.

First of all - we received this from the county court dated 6th May.

General form of judgement or order.

Claim no./names and addresses etc.

Before district judge --- sitting at ---- county court etc.

Upon hearing the solicitor for the claimant and the defendant in person.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The application be adjourned until the 23rd June at county court etc.

time estimate 20 mins.

2. There is permission to claimant to file and serve amended particulars of claim to comply with the CPR (if so advised) by 4pm on the 30th May.

3. The proposed defence shall be filed and served by 4pm on the 13th June.

At this point I was wondering if the application to set aside the CCJ was going to be successful because reading the above it does'nt seem to address the fact that this was an application to set aside instigated by ourselves.

However we received this today from Irwin Mitchells

Names,addresses, claim Nos. etc.

WITHOUT PREDJUDICE

Dear Mr and Mrs Mariner

We refer to the above matters.

Our client has confirmed that they are unable to supply a true copy of the loan agreement pursuant to section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974. We are therefore instructed to cease the proceedings in respect of the balance outstanding on the loan account.

The balance outstanding on the current account is£69.00 therfore please contact xxxxxx of this office on 0161 838 3099 within the next 7 days to arrange payment of this sum or to discuss a payment arrangement. On receipt of payment in the sum of £69.00 we will file a notice of discontinuance in respect of both claims.

yours faithfully.

My first instinct was to send the £69.00 immediately - but I had second thoughts.

Doe's this make the CCJ set aside any more likely?

Will post again shortly with a couple of questions.

Many thanks and regards

Result! nice one, pay the £69.00 then go get p*****

Paul

• Haha 1

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Thanks for that Paul and of course thanks to everybody else who has helped us with this. If I had'nt come onto this forum, I'm sure I would be now trying to budget for a large monthly payment to them.

I am convinced that the reason we have reached this point fairly painlessly is the high public profile given to some of the banks/CCCs questionable practices by people like Paul (your RBS thread is like reading War and peace.)

I said quite early on in this thread that I had no intention of avoiding any debt we had with the RBS and still intend (foolishly some might think) to deal with this.

I thought that I should try to contact RBS collections directly to avoid them passing this on to another DCA. Any thoughts - comments?

If they have no true copy of the loan agreement will this add further weight to our CCJ set aside application?

Once again thanks to all of you.

Regards

Take a look... not receiving a default notice is one of the reasons for set aside.

Removal of CCJ's - Valid reasons to have your judgements set aside

Hi sorry to butt in... But on that link it says that:

9- Did you agree with the full amount of the judgement at the time, but now only agree with part of the amount?

Is this right??

Also, well done... just read all the thread!

Edited by heartopp
well done
  • Haha 1

Good morning Heartopp,

In answer to your questions.

1. We disagreed with the whole amount both in the acknowledgement of service and at the hearing, although at the hearing it was a not an issue because of the judges view of of the very poor particulars of claim and no response to the CCA request etc.

2. The absence of a default notice was also a non-issue for the same reasons.

I am still wondering whether we should get in touch with the RBS and try to preclude any further action on their part, whilst they can't find a true copy of the agreement - they might try harder!

Regards

If they have no true copy of the loan agreement will this add further weight to our CCJ set aside application?

I would say so!

I also think its a bit cheeky of the solicitors to ask you to pay £69 when you have caught them out. I suggest you write back and say that you want the Discontinuance for all the claim AND removal of any adverse comment on you credit file.

• Haha 1

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

No No - I understand what you are going through. My qustion was with regards to the link that was provided.

I will start a new thread on my situation to see if anyone can help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/146583-got-ccj-fron-natwest.html#post1546447

Edited by heartopp

Heartopp,

Sorry about the misunderstanding - basically I was only only thinking about me - selfish - I'll try to improve!

I made a list of possibly relevant points whilst trying to find reasons for a CCJ set aside and then tried to put them in order of relevance. I'll look it up tomorrow and post it - it is all taken from the advice given on here, I tried to simplify it for myself and turn it into a simple 'aide memoire' for the hearing. I still did'nt get it right, there are points that were made apparent to me by the people who responded to this thread that I totally missed until after the event.

If I had defended O.J.Simpson he would still be breaking rocks!

Will continue tomorrow

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Update:

First of all - a big THANK YOU to all who have advised me on this issue. My wife's CCJ was set aside about two weeks ago due to following the advice given on this thread.

Secondly: - apologies for my lack of communications since my last post, this is due to the way I work and I have been away for a few weeks, having said that, my employers (a very large multi-national) who were aware of our problem, said they would fly me home for the hearing if necessary. As it turned out my wife handled it by herself - the set aside was not contested and no surprises occurred. My concern was that - my wife was not concerned at all! Did she know something that I didn't?

When the hearing finished my wife said to the judge, that she would now try to find out what it was all about and sort it all out. The judge said "don't bother Mrs Mariner, they just want this buried, don't contact them"

One last comment:- the original solicitors that contacted us - Irwin Mitchell of Manchester - have dealt with this matter in a very professional manner and we certainly do not have any complaints about them (credit where credit's due!)

Many thanks and regards

Hello all,

Update:

First of all - a big THANK YOU to all who have advised me on this issue. My wife's CCJ was set aside about two weeks ago due to following the advice given on this thread.

Secondly: - apologies for my lack of communications since my last post, this is due to the way I work and I have been away for a few weeks, having said that, my employers (a very large multi-national) who were aware of our problem, said they would fly me home for the hearing if necessary. As it turned out my wife handled it by herself - the set aside was not contested and no surprises occurred. My concern was that - my wife was not concerned at all! Did she know something that I didn't?

When the hearing finished my wife said to the judge, that she would now try to find out what it was all about and sort it all out. The judge said "don't bother Mrs Mariner, they just want this buried, don't contact them"

One last comment:- the original solicitors that contacted us - Irwin Mitchell of Manchester - have dealt with this matter in a very professional manner and we certainly do not have any complaints about them (credit where credit's due!)

Many thanks and regards

I take it RBS have never produced statements showing how the figure was reached?

Were your accounts held at CMS Telford?

Regards Paul

Edited by paulwlton

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hello Paul,

In answer to your question - RBS have not provided anything whatsoever in response to our requests for CCA/SAR etc. So apart from the £69 which we were told was for a current account, we know no more than the figure (£23,000+) on the original court claim form.

Good luck with your ongoing fight with the RBS.

Regards

Congratulations to you both and well done Mrs Mariner:)

BCOBS

Mariner,

Glad to hear your good news and well done.

Doc

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request