flight cancelled what can I do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

airtours has cancelled my flight on may 16th,which has been booked for 12 months,they have offered an alternative a day and a half later which is not convenient,can I claim a full refund and any compensation? I need the money back to try and book an alternative myself.We booked a villa in Florida seperately and would have nowhere to stay for the last day and a half

Guest Old_andrew2018

look at their terms and conditions, in addition when are you going it may be difficult to get a flight with another airline, if the notice is too short or you are traveling at peak times, you may also pay a higher price.

You could ask airtours for help may be a hotel for one night.

I am sure ppeole on the forum can advise on compensation.

Regards

Andy

I have managed to book an alternate flight at an extra cost of £1,000 because they couldn't provide a suitable alternative.In their T+C they state that they will provide a similar or better alternative,which in this case they did not,can I claim back the difference?

Also interesting is that the airport has no record of this flight ever being on their system, take the booking,then the money,cancel the flight and offer something else,[problem] or honest mistake?Comments please

• 2 months later...

Can anyone offer advice? My mum's flight from Cardiff to Edinburgh last night was cancelled (Bmibaby). the only way for her to get to Edinburgh was to buy a ticket on Flybe which cost £80.

How do I make sure I get the money back on the original flight (including taxes and charges) which I paid for? Can we claim the Flybe flight?

The only thing bmibaby offered was a flight to Glasgow or flying to Edinburgh the next day, neither of which was convenient for my mum.

Help please!