bcw/thames credit/GE threat-o-gram

Guest Old_andrew2018
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi I have just received this letter, nice manila envelope looked quite formal marked To Be Opened By Addressee Only

this my attempt of scaning I have taken out personal info

Buchanan Clark + wells

February 2008

Pursuers: Thames Credit Limited

Creditor: GE Capital Bank Ltd - GE Capital Bank Ltd

Principal Sum: £129.50

FORMAL DEMAND

Dear Mr. old_andrew2007

We have been instructed by Thames Credit Limited to recover an overdue debt, in the sum of~129.50 on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and they would prefer an amicable settlement. Please call our 24 Hour Payment Line immediately on 0871 to make payment by Credit or Debit Card. Payment is also accepted online at buchanan clark + wells online payments

Should there be any matter that you would like to bring to our attention or if you wish to discuss your financial circumstances in relation to the debt, please call us immediately (on a 0871 number)

I have been at my present address for nearly 8 years, I have no recollection of any dealings with either Thames Creditor GE Capital Bank

Should I

create a file marked ignore

write to deny knowledge of the debt

CCA them

Any advice would be appreciated,

This looks statute-barred to me anyway.... so you could safely ignore it for now and see what else they come up with, if anything. BCW contacted me last year... and it was put in the ignore pile. Not heard from them since.

Any idea what this is for ? GE Capital is usually involved with store cards.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

Guys thank you for your time, I think I will file this letter under ignore, just wait and see.

Strange thing my brother telephoned today, he had a call at his business from someone looking for me until they gave wrong middle name, with a different spelling of surname.

Joking I said it must be the C.S.A, my OH was not amused, still I’ve locked up the sharp implements.

Again thanks for the advice I’ll keep everyone posted.

• 1 year later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Sorry about not getting back sooner, I've Just looked at another BCW thread which reminded me of these idiots and my thread.

I had two further letters the last was in March 2008, so I assume I wont hear anything for sometime.

I didn't respond to BCW as I recall advice on the forum that this would only serve to confirm my address.

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007
typo

thanks for your advice on my thread very useful will be putting letters in the back of the cupboard and wait it out..

but don't think any1 would really come down here anyway as they are based all the way up in Scotland and registered there..seems a far way to come just for £200 it would prob cost them more in petrol lol

and if you want to have a laugh have you checked the thread out on being cheeky to the debt collectors (i think that's what it is called) cheered me up a lot

• 4 months later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

A quick up-date I received two letters recently from Aktiv Kapital, with offers of big discounts they are filed under ignore.

I have no interest in telephoning them as it will only serve to confirm that they have the correct address.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Another update our friends Aktiv Kapital, their generosity Jones no bounds they have offered another a discount 70%, I expect to receive further offers, how kind they are.

Edited by old_andrew2007

• 1 month later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Another letter this time Meritforce aka MacKenzie Hall, here is a short extract,

AUTHORISED COLLECTOR VISIT

Due to non-payment of the above we have been instructed by Mackenzie Hall Limited to collect this debt on their behalf.

An authorised collector will make a visit to your property within the next 10 days.

Should our collector inform us that no positive commitment towards clearing the debt has taken place, your account will be returned to this office and formal proceedings may be considered.

If you do not want our collector to call and would rather arrange settlement, you must contact our Clients Mackenzie Hall Limited on 01563 556 548 asking for Vlad Alucard before

4th December 2009

Should you fail to make a payment and action is taken, additional costs may be added to your debt.

We look forward to hearing from you.

No more reminders will be sent. Important: If you are not the named person above please contact our alternative number 0800 012 6179 to stop any further communication.

Yours sincerely

Doorstop Collections Manager

Merit force Ltd.

Always Quote Reference on all communications.

Telephone calls may be recorded

No more reminders will be sent, so they wont send anymore letters Lol.

Edited by old_andrew2007

I hope that you are ready to tell them to foxtrot oscar or you will call the police... with a really big smile on your face as you shut the door

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Guest Old_andrew2018

I've got the garlic and holy water at the ready, sadly I cant use it because they never turn up.