Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This DCA game in the bear garden is quite fun and an excuse for some cheekiness. :D:D:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/197599-dca-mnemonics.html

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NOOOOOO - I was expecting it to be CAGbotted though :(

Actually - thread may have been temporarily removed - I've not had a visit from CAGbot yet :p

Yep, Definitely gone :( still we have fond memories and I have all the replies in my email inbox so perhaps I shall write a small book:lol:.....must have been the one about moorcroft and fuzzybobbles phone that did it;-)

Have to think of something else now....:roll: hmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Spamalot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I had an account with NatWest which was closed back in 1995 (yes, 14 years ago), and recently had a letter from those ubermuppets at McKenzie Hall requiring me to take "urgent action to prevent escalation of their debt collection procedures".

I put the letter through the shredder, replaced it in their envelope, and addressed it to the Statute Barred Debts Division at MH. No stamp, obviously, and I wrote "check enclosed" on the back of the envelope.

A few days later, I had a phone call from a withheld number:

Me: Hello, Mr Red speaking

Caller: Hello, is that Mr Red?

Me: Yes, I just said that

Caller: I'm calling on an urgent matter, Mr Red, and I need to confirm your date of birth

Me: But I haven't told you my date of birth. Who is this calling?

Caller: I'm afraid I can't continue this conversation until I've confirmed your identity. Can I have your date of birth please?

Me: You know who I am, it was you who called me. What's your date of birth?

Caller (tetchily): Mr Red, this is a confidential matter, and we really can't proceed without the proper security checks

Me: Oh well, bad luck then

I sent the above transcript to Sir Tel, who read it out on Wake Up To Wogan.

I had an account with NatWest which was closed back in 1995 (yes, 14 years ago), and recently had a letter from those ubermuppets at McKenzie Hall requiring me to take "urgent action to prevent escalation of their debt collection procedures".

I put the letter through the shredder, replaced it in their envelope, and addressed it to the Statute Barred Debts Division at MH. No stamp, obviously, and I wrote "check enclosed" on the back of the envelope.

A few days later, I had a phone call from a withheld number:

Me: Hello, Mr Red speaking

Caller: Hello, is that Mr Red?

Me: Yes, I just said that

Caller: I'm calling on an urgent matter, Mr Red, and I need to confirm your date of birth

Me: But I haven't told you my date of birth. Who is this calling?

Caller: I'm afraid I can't continue this conversation until I've confirmed your identity. Can I have your date of birth please?

Me: You know who I am, it was you who called me. What's your date of birth?

Caller (tetchily): Mr Red, this is a confidential matter, and we really can't proceed without the proper security checks

Me: Oh well, bad luck then

I sent the above transcript to Sir Tel, who read it out on Wake Up To Wogan.

:lol::-D:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look this is getting silly!!

It is now after 12.00 and Crapone have not made my morning alarm call!

*wanders off mumbling* You just can't get the staff nowadays!

GK

Why don't you really confuse them and ring them

Yep, Definitely gone :( still we have fond memories and I have all the replies in my email inbox so perhaps I shall write a small book:lol:.....must have been the one about moorcroft and fuzzybobbles phone that did it;-)

Have to think of something else now....:roll: hmmmmmmmm.

It passed away my last 3 hours at work :lol::lol:

I have them all on email too - I think it was the *** ******* one that fuzzybobble wrote that probably got them looking :p Still no visit from CAGbot yet though......:rolleyes:

I am a DCA, really I have credit licence, but I'm not one mentioned anywhere here and one of the ethical ones if there is such a thing.

So I have great fun when debt collectors show up and try to give me grief or call me. They turn a strange shade of grey when I show them my licence after I've encouraged them to break every rule in the book.

One turned up a couple of years ago and I asked him for his name and proof of his identity. Went back in the house and searched my databases for his name and the name of the company he worked for. Obviously I hadn't told him that I had a licenceor that it covers keeping credit references but the look on his face was a picture when I presented him with his personal details and a full report on the company. Not to keep of course as his little, chubby outstretched hand tried to take them. Oh, no...he'd have to pay for the pleasure of seeing them in full and through the usual avenues.

His shade of grey turned to a reddish purple and I swear I've never seen a black Audi estate move so fast, pity he didn't take more notice of the speed humps as it couldn't have been a pleasant ride.

Another favourite is answering the door (preferably in a dressing gown or weird attire of your choice)

Can I speak to ******* they say.

You reply :

Have yoooouu seeen myyyy Auntieee? She was in prison cos' she killed a lot of people. I know she is here but people tell me she isn't, but they are lying. I do have have an Auntie and she gets angry when they don't believe me.

Swinging arms and a stoney glare makes them run after the first 2 lines. Wouldn't you?

I am a DCA, really I have credit licence, but I'm not one mentioned anywhere here and one of the ethical ones if there is such a thing.

No-one on this forum has found one yet..

So I have great fun when debt collectors show up

You have had debt collectors ACTUALLY turn up at your house? You really are unique, an ethical debt collection company and have had the experience of someone calling at your house:eek:

One turned up a couple of years ago and I asked him for his name and proof of his identity. Went back in the house and searched my databases for his name and the name of the company he worked for. Obviously I hadn't told him that I had a licenceor that it covers keeping credit references but the look on his face was a picture when I presented him with his personal details and a full report on the company. Not to keep of course as his little, chubby outstretched hand tried to take them.

:rolleyes:

His shade of grey turned to a reddish purple and I swear I've never seen a black Audi estate move so fast, pity he didn't take more notice of the speed humps as it couldn't have been a pleasant ride.

Sounds like a very believeable story, thanks for sharing that with us:rolleyes:

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Another favourite is answering the door (preferably in a dressing gown or weird attire of your choice)

Can I speak to ******* they say.

You reply :

Have yoooouu seeen myyyy Auntieee? She was in prison cos' she killed a lot of people. I know she is here but people tell me she isn't, but they are lying. I do have have an Auntie and she gets angry when they don't believe me.

Swinging arms and a stoney glare makes them run after the first 2 lines. Wouldn't you?

Nah - wouldn't want to educate the monkeys by talking to them. Personally, if they came to my door I would answer it ONLY so I could slam the door in their face after telling them to foxtrot oscar :D As the chance of any DCA actually turning up at my door being slim to none, I too am rather surprised by your visits :rolleyes:

Vat man called by appointment at the small company a friend of mine is the director.

Both my friend and his secretary were wearing Mickey Mouse ears while both keeping a straight face. The guy was there for an hour. The secretary was in and out bring in info he wanted to see and all the time they were wearing the ears.

The surreal thing is, they kept a straight face, the inspector did the same and eventually left with no referrence to the ears whatever.

David

Vat man called by appointment at the small company a friend of mine is the director.

Both my friend and his secretary were wearing Mickey Mouse ears while both keeping a straight face. The guy was there for an hour. The secretary was in and out bring in info he wanted to see and all the time they were wearing the ears.

The surreal thing is, they kept a straight face, the inspector did the same and eventually left with no referrence to the ears whatever.

David

Perhaps he thought he was visiting a bit of a 'Mickey Mouse outfit'

Sorry:D

:smile::smile: Great post..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The first DCA to turn up on my doorstep gets a starring role on a Fuzzybobble special edition video on Youtube.

I keep my video camera on the shelf in the hallway with a full battery and a new tape in it. As soon as there's someone at the door who is unfamiliar I start recording before answering it.

So far I have someone delivering a parcel, window cleaner, and a Jehovas Witness. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

HHave you seen on BBC the Least Wanted LIST?

All the people that the gubbimint want to keep out.

EXCLUSIONS

Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal

Yunis Al Astal

Samir Al Quntar

Stephen Donald Black

Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim

Erich Gliebe

Mike Guzovsky

Safwat Hijazi

Nasr Javed

Abdul Ali Musa

Fred Waldron Phelps Snr

Shirley Phelps-Roper

Artur Ryno

Amir Siddique

Pavel Skachevsky

Michael Alan Weiner

Ellie Renshaw

Any other suggestions?

GK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks