HUMBLEMAN vs HFC-WEIGHTMANS COURT ACTION

humbleman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have my sincere sympathy HM - what a tragedy of justice!

As soon as you pick yourself up, launch that appeal. The DJ was SO wrong but it seems you did all you could today in the face of such obvious bias.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Let's get this right... their barrister actually said to the judge that, if the document humbleman produced on the day had been disclosed before the hearing, he would have told his client they had no chance?

Am I missing something?

I agree and share the sense of outrage. The whole point is that OCs and DCAs have to comply with certain requirements. I had thought the issue was NOT whether someone had a CC, spent the money etc. The issue was (and should still be) whether the party seeking to enforce has the proper and legally enforceable paperwork.

This is NOT a court of EQUITY (in the sense that the judges can disregard the law) - but judges seem to be "following their nose" rather than the law. I thought PRECENDENT was supposed to stop that.

Agree we need to mount a fightback. How do we do that?

ME:Asked her if I can appeal this

Judge: 'NOT IN THIS COURT' but you can at the COURT of APPEAL in London within 21 days.

Judge: You have 21 days to pay this

ME: but I can't pay in this all in one go

Judge: Well then you have to see what the other party does to enforce this, they might go for AOE oR CO. but I can't agree any installment plan for you, you have to wait for the other party to go for enforcement and then make an application to the court as to how you can pay.

This decision and the woman who made it is a disgrace to the profession. To have got so far and then fall at this hurdle must be devastating - for what it's worth thinking of you tonight humbleman. Panty

Sorry to hear about your outcome today I know how you feel certain parts mirror my situation.

If you are going to appeal through the appeal court your bundle of docs will have to be spot on.

You will also need to apply for the transcript of todays hearing ASAP

Best of luck

BA

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I am not sure Humbleman if new evidence can be put in an appeal. I think an appeal can only be on a point of law. Did the judge misdirect herself? Did she make a decision that wasnt just unreasonable/ wrong, but so unreasonable/ wrong that no competent judge could have come to that decision. Dont know how much use the mailer would be in these circumstances.

I am sure someone on the site team could suggest a list of sympathetic and knowledgeable barristers for you.

Although a setback for me, this doesn't put me down in any way except that I can not afford to have a judgment against me.

Since I know for sure that I did not enter into a regulated agreement, I am seriously looking at the appeal option. I am 100% sure that I got a mailer with a lot of crap about balance transfer and privileges of getting an Institute of Directors card etc. If anyone can help with the process, I would welcome their help.

Hi. Sorry to hear about your case. I would happily contribute to a fighting fund if that's what was decided was needed. Am I naive but couldn't any appeal be funded via a CFA or ATE policy?

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your outcome today I know how you feel certain parts mirror my situation.

If you are going to appeal through the appeal court your bundle of docs will have to be spot on.

You will also need to apply for the transcript of todays hearing ASAP

Best of luck

BA

EX107 is the form you need for a transcript

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I am not sure Humbleman if new evidence can be put in an appeal. I think an appeal can only be on a point of law. Did the judge misdirect herself? Did she make a decision that wasnt just unreasonable/ wrong, but so unreasonable/ wrong that no competent judge could have come to that decision. Dont know how much use the mailer would be in these circumstances.

I am sure someone on the site team could suggest a list of sympathetic and knowledgeable barristers for you.

She mad a decision based on photocopies of 3 pages that didn't even belong to each other.

Although a setback for me, this doesn't put me down in any way except that I can not afford to have a judgment against me.

Since I know for sure that I did not enter into a regulated agreement, I am seriously looking at the appeal option. I am 100% sure that I got a mailer with a lot of crap about balance transfer and privileges of getting an Institute of Directors card etc. If anyone can help with the process, I would welcome their help.

can we get you a Barrister

yes, and the reasonableness/ correctness of that decision could be appealed, but I dont think they will hear evidence that is new and not presented at the first hearing (the evidence you put in during your time on the witness stand might be doubtful as it appears it was deemed to be late).

Quote Humbleman "She mad a decision based on photocopies of 3 pages that didn't even belong to each other."

yes, and the reasonableness/ correctness of that decision could be appealed, but I dont think they will hear evidence that is new and not presented at the first hearing (the evidence you put in during your time on the witness stand might be doubtful as it appears it was deemed to be late).

I will not be seeking for any financial support if I launch an appeal.

THAT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I am looking at a possibility of getting knowledgeable barrister on board that will do this for a reasonable fee.

I feel the same way as everyone else - extraordinary process and outcome. Easy to say this, but surely you must appeal.

Im so sorry youve been treated so badly by the so called justice system.

Also vjohn - youre clearly a special person.

J :shock: and :mad: and :(

erm i posted my suggestion for counsel over the page!! and how to contact him, hes one of the best CCA barristers out there

hes the best ive used, hes the most knowledgable and hes who i would be on to;)

erm i posted my suggestion for counsel over the page!! and how to contact him, hes one of the best CCA barristers out there

hes the best ive used, hes the most knowledgable and hes who i would be on to;)

I will try and locate his details and give him a call.