HUMBLEMAN vs HFC-WEIGHTMANS COURT ACTION

humbleman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Legal Test for Appeals

The appeal court will only allow an appeal if it is satisfied that:

• The decision of the judge who heard the small claims trial was wrong in law; or
  • The decision was unfair because of a serious irregularity in the small claims proceedings.

In other words a party will not be successful if they simply do not like the judge’s decision or think that another judge might have decided the case differently.

It looks to me that this is the only way you can go. You should be able to satisfy both points if the transcript is accurate.

Pretty much what docman is saying and I think you need to focus on this as opposed to wasting time trying to find some loophole like the 'clutching at straws' idea I came up with earlier, which no doubt would not work given the circumstances..

Edited by pedross

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i guess that would be the case,their is a new department within the judiciary who will seriously look at complaints including the transcripts of the case and they will make a decision wether to uphold your compaint and beleive it or not quite a few have been reprimanded i will post the link you ca even mae the complaint whilst you are considering an appeal or have gone for an appeal...

http://www.judicialcomplaints.gov.uk/.

The Legal Test for Appeals

The appeal court will only allow an appeal if it is satisfied that:

• The decision of the judge who heard the small claims trial was wrong in law; or
  • The decision was unfair because of a serious irregularity in the small claims proceedings.

I would be able to prove both these points.

Thanks LW

I had actually try to get someone from there for my trial. Would you believe that after 3 email 2 phone calls, I didn't have a courtesy of a reply. So sod them.

But please keep suggestions coming, I am still on the lookout

Make sure you send a complaint to the Ministry of Justice and send them the transcript.

We are paying through our teeth for the salaries and pensions of these so called "civil servants".

Do you object to media attention in this matter?

Make sure you send a complaint to the Ministry of Justice and send them the transcript.

We are paying through our teeth for the salaries and pensions of these so called "civil servants".

Do you object to media attention in this matter?

I would like to expose biased views of these Judges

GOT a quote from another barrister

Thanks for your e-mail. I have passed this onto C W to have a look at and he is happy to deal with your case, he has estimated that it will take him 8 – 9 hours to put together the Permission to Appeal & Skeleton Argument, based on these times I will be asking for a fee of £1,500 plus VAT

I know some may think £1500 is a lot but it is actually a very reasonable rate for a barrister (less than £ 200 per hour). A solicitor may be less (£125 - £150 per hour) but they are usually generalists and take longer to understand the case and hence cost more in the long run.

If you are able to use the Direct Access scheme and instruct the barrister yourself, it can be worth it. I instructed a barrister directly on one of the claims I was defending which cost me £400. I won the case and reclaimed the barrister's fee as part of my costs.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

seems to me that one of those "tottenham court road shop" thingys or those advertised on the internet ( concealed recorders) could be useful in court!!

naughty yes

nice - yes

A nice thought, but I wouldn't go there. It would be contempt of Court (it states so in the CPR). They also scan / search you as you go in - like at airports.

Better to get someone to go along as a notetaker. Alternatively if the Barrister represents you, then he will have made notes too.

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

Humbleman, is it wise to post it yet and are you allowed to disseminate it in this way? Just want to make sure you don't transgress in any way. Does it need any unnecessary bits removing? Hope it has all you want!