Mrs Sharpman V Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just an after thought, the account was assigned to phoenix in february this year.

As I requested a copy of and deeds of assignment, should I have been supplied with a copy of the assignment.

The account is now with a company called Phoenix Recoveries (uk) ltd S.a.r.l acting in the name and on behalf of its compartment "SDFS Recoveries"

As such any further communication and payments regarding account to be paid to

Transcom Worldwide (uk) ltd

They are so kind to inform me that I may pay by CREDIT CARD if i wish to.

Yer right ........

I suppose I could delay them a little to find out if they have recieved a copy of the CCA when it was assigned.

Or could I just send them a snotty letter saying 'I don't have an agreement with you so bog off' type letter.

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rite well have littlewoods supplied a cca?

If no then you can claim back the interest charges they have applied to your account and any of the late payment fees deafult charges and admin charges.

Also you can claimback the extra care but you will need to prepare your self for a no regarding some of it. Maybe what you should do is say...

due to there being no evidence that i asked for the extra Care 500 i would like a full refund of the following amount that is total charge for the extra care 500.

Then just to see what they say you could always say and as u dont have a valid consumer credit agreement i would like these amounts removed from the account aswell as you have no proof that i agreed to these amounts listing all the amounts and the total amount.

You can only try.

I would not go for extra interest on top as you might not get it and just to be fair it would be the county courts amount of 8% a year or 0.022 a day.

Edited by The GodMother

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

There are 2x agreements with littlewoods. the fixed sum loan, which was created, it seems to cover there arris. there is no agreement available for the catalogue account. They transfered balance from that acount to the fixed sum loan.

so I could try for the 589+ that would go some way to clearing the loan acct.

then if I can get away with the other charges on the fixed loan account the total debt will be cleared.

do you know of any template letters that would impress upon them to cough up. Also will they play dumb in saying the account is not with them anymore.?

sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thy may play dumb but u have to be prepared for that.

I will do u a template up and trust me it will be a template

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Ok peeps,

Thinking of sending the following to littlewoods.

Mrs. XXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXX

XXX XXX

5-Oct-08

Littlewoods Finance Company Limited

Credit Support Team

Aintree Innovation Centre

Park Lane, Netherton,

Bootle

L72 1SL.

Ref: XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX

Sir/Madam

After a recent S.A.R. request I received account information back for the following accounts.

XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX

After studying the information supplied I noticed the following occurrences on Account No XXXXXXXX

Charges Totaling £180.00

Again, after Studying the information for XXXXXXXX, I noticed the following

Extra Care 500 Totaling £589.00 and Charges Totaling £22.00 (£611.33)

The full Details can be seen on Enclosures 1 and 2.

By adding these figures up it comes to a total of £791.00

The understanding that I have now after receiving this information is that the total sum for Account No XXXXXXXX is made up entirely of payments for unrequested items and Charges

As I don’t know what Extra Care 500 is and I categorically deny ever requesting anything called Extra Care 500 I require that the total sum in respect of this occurrence, being £589.00 be returned to me.

Also, any and all charges that have been added to either account be Paid back to me. (£202.00)

Therefore I'm asking for the total of £791.00 (£589.00 + £180.00 + £22.00) be paid back to me.

Yours

Mrs Sharpman

any suggestions as to wether this would suffice or does it need beefing up a bit.

Sharpman

Edited by SharpmanTF1
censored info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would stipulate that the charges are subject to the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and that the regime of administration and other charges Littlewoods operate is unfair within the meaning of these Regulations as they are not individually negotiated, etc etc from the prelim letter.

If you want the charges back, you have to give them the reason why.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Sent off request for refunds yesterday (10th)

amended as sugested emma

here's hoping, not holding my breath though.

any suggestions on how to fend off moorcroft in the mean time. would it be the usual 'I do not aknowledge any debt ..... etc'

sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The amount owed is in dispute. If Moorcroft start, write saying the account is in dispute, so no collection activity may occur.

If they raise their ugly heads, we'll have a letter ready, no worries.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

recieved a letter this morning from a company called Transcom.

I think, I read from the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) I recieved that the debt was sold to Phoenix who have then allocated Transcom to collect.

If the debt has been sold will littlewoods wash there hands of it?

I've an email addy for the transcom crew, so i'll drop them an 'e' to inform them of the situation.

Thanks emma

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep remember to back it up in writing aswell

• 2 weeks later...
update.

Got a Letter back from Littlewoods ref refund of charges etc.

They are investigating .........

How long should I give them to investigate ?

As long or as short as you feel is correct they are working to your time scales I would give them 14 days then LBA they don't give you any time when they apply their admin charges.

dpick

They are still investigating the complaint my OH made against Moorcroft.

Oh must chase that up.

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

well it looks like fun.

The letter i sent them was a section 10 and a complant saying as u have nothing close the acc returning it to zero.

This was on sept 8th i gave them 21 days to disagree with the request and still to date they have not sent me anything disagreeing so it must mean that they have agreed to stop processing the info.

Only way to find out is to check your crdeit file.

im in the same dialema, have issued a s10 and they still report on my credit file. I am in the morning sending them one final letter feel free to use it - obviously adjust to suit:

Shop Direct/Great Universal

Legal Department

Aintree Innovation Centre

Park Lane, Netherton,

Bootle

L72 1SL

28/10/2008

Re: account no.

Account holder.

Address.

LETTER BEFORE LEGAL ACTION – DO NOT IGNORE

I am writing in response to my legal request made on 1/8/2008 for your company to stop processing data about myself. This came in the form a S.10. I have today conducted an audit of my credit files, and have found that your company is still processing incorrect information. You do not hold a valid Credit Agreement, Correct Default Notices have not been served and basically your company has breached many principles of the Data Protection Act. Please take notice that unless the outstanding balance is written off and my credit file cleared of all information from your company, and its various associates, then I will commence legal action on the grounds of Defamation.

Should Shop Direct attempt to use their position of miss conceived power and refuse to remove this information, I will immediately without further warning take out proceedings against Shop Direct for Defamation in the County Court, bearing in mind no monetary loss has to be proven in Defamation claims.

As I will be able to show quite clearly that the information you have placed on my file is in fact incorrect I have no doubt at all that I will be successful in my claim.

To avoid this action I suggest that your company comply with my section 10 notice and remove ALL OFFENDING DATA, or I will seek an offer compensation to the value stated in the case as damage to a persons credit status in 1996 at £5,500

Cont..

Kpohraror v The Woolwich [1996] 4 All ER 119

see [1920] AC 102 at 112, [1918-19] All ER Rep 1035 at 1037 per Lord Birkenhead LC). The credit rating of individuals is as important for their personal transactions, including mortgages and hire-purchase as well as banking facilities, as it is for those who are engaged in trade, and it is notorious that central registers are now kept. I would have no hesitation in holding that what is in effect a presumption of some damage arises in every case, in so far as this is a presumption of fact.

Let me remind you again, You are now in breach of the sixth principle of the Data Protection Act 1998, which can lead to your license to process data being revoked

We look forward to your reply.

obviously bits n pieces from this site, but should be affective!

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

or better still

• 1 month later...

Ok,

not good news, recieved a fob off letter from littlewoods saying ... after investigation they feel that the charges etc were lawful and correct.

I'll post up the letter i got later, but the long and the short of it is they aint budging and they're still gonna chase for the outstanding balance.

not a good day I feel.

sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats all it was - a Fob off letter. Nothing major, just need to turn the screws even tighter! LOL

If they've not provided a valid CCA then they cant pursue the debt. What you could do is send a "Letter before action" but re word it, requesting that as they are unable to provide a CCA then please wipe the balance, remove everything from your credit file, and then you will drop the claim for charges. no harm in asking. and if they decided to tell you to eff off then take them to court. Under the current business climate i dont think LW would want to risk a court case about there charges and Extra care 500,

I will try and find a good LBA for ya

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

or better still

Dear Sir or Madam,

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Account number: XXXXXXXXX & XXXXXXXXXX

I refer to the default charges applied to my account amounting to £XXX.XX and the charges for "Extra care 500" amounting to £XXX.XX , which I have requested you pay back.

I wrote to you on XXXXXX, making the original request for a payment in settlement of my claim. As I have not received a satisfactory response, I am writing to inform you I intend to claim the full amount of £XXX.XXX together with interest up to the date of judgment (8%) and court fees in the proceedings through the county court.

This is based on the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, as I believe these default charges are unfair and not proportionate to your costs, and I therefore believe my local court will rule in my favour.

I have attached a full schedule of the charges with this document.

I look forward for a full response to this letter within seven days, otherwise I will commence court proceedings to reclaim my money.

If you are unsure of the contents of this letter then please pass onto someone who does!

DELETE THE FOLLOWING IF NOT NEEDED

On another matter i have noticed that you have still failed to supply a copy of the CCA that i requested on XXXXXX. Should you set my account balance to zero and clear all data including the defaults placed, then i will cease court action against yourselves. As you are fully aware without a valid CCA, this debt is unenforcible.

Yours faithfully,

PRINT DO NOT SIGN

You need to include a list of all charges and EC500 Charges made to your account.

any views welcome guys n girls B4 he sends it! LOL

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

or better still

cool letter. I dont see anything wrong with it so admend where necessary and send it RD.

Give them 14 days to deal with the complaint. Remember to say that if you dont recieve a satisfactory response withing those 14 days you will file a case at XX courts without further notice.

TY GM!

the only thing im concerned about is by requesting the refund of charges, then sharpman is acknowledging the debt is theirs. And then you end up in catch 22.

Edited by Jesteruk
fat fingers

29/10 STAY ISSUED

Jun 08 - And another

or better still

yes that is part of the problem.

If you dont acknowledge the debt then you cant really ask for the charges back but then if you acknowledge the debt then you can but you can always try both it does not hurt.