Mrs Sharpman V Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excellent,

Im not surprised they dropped it like a hot coal

keep that letter safe.

i will have a dig around im sure i have a letter to send littlewoods in a preemptive strike

i will let you know when i find it.

im currently on a law course so it may be the case that owing to this i could forget to post something, if this happens then please give me a shout as i have a memory like a sieve at the mo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a result. Even tho Littlewoods have not dropped it the DCA has.

Personally I was they would decide what they are doing about me.

They have no CCA and they have not sent me a letter or statement since January of this year. I also cant get on line to view anything as it is always saying error.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 5 months later...

update - know it's a bit late.

The smarmy beggars at littlewoods have produced a document, looks all legit.

has all the stuff that's meant to be there.

Thing with this acount is that they pulled a fly one on my OH, they talked her into changeing the account type from a catalogue account (bet they didn't have the CCA) to a loan account. (wish I knew about this site last year.

Guess we'll have to bite the bullet and continue with this one.

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least you can nobble them for their stinky "admin charges".

I'll be adapting some of the letters posted for my ongoing battle. Good luck.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

can u post a copy of what they have sent?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

That looks like it contains the correct info, sorry.

I'm sue the experts will have a look soon.

Did it come with terms and conditions for the product/loan?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Right,

this is a fixed sum credit agreement

so , how much have you repaid to them? if its the amount on the credit agreement then thats their lot

one thing that happens often is that for large items like TV's opr Sofas etc they get the customer to sign a fixed sum agreement for the main item and the rest just falls under the running account credit, however they fail to get the running account credit agreement signed so they can only chase for the fixed sum agreement

it may be worth looking at your statements and adding up what you have already paid on the account

Right,

this is a fixed sum credit agreement

so , how much have you repaid to them? if its the amount on the credit agreement then thats their lot

it may be worth looking at your statements and adding up what you have already paid on the account

So, if I understand this correctly, If I get hold of all the statements from the running account and total all I've paid then this goes towards the fixed sum agreement because they can't find the original agreement for the running credit agreement?

Can't be that simple .... can it?

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just had words with oh.

It appears she was coerced into takeing out this loan. She was threatened with court action if she didn't take out the loan.

It was originaly a littlewoods catalogue account. She fell ill and had to take reduced hours at work, she explained this to littlewoods, but they didn't want to know. it was take the loan or else. Obviously I have no way of proving this unless they produce the telephone recording that was done at the time. assuming there was a recording of the conversation. or it's probably in file 13.

As per previous post, if I understand what PT is saying correctly then I can honestly say that there has been quite a lot more paid into the acct than the current balance of the loan agreement.

Please say that I understand it correctly .... or is it wishfull thinking.

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, if I understand this correctly, If I get hold of all the statements from the running account and total all I've paid then this goes towards the fixed sum agreement because they can't find the original agreement for the running credit agreement?

Can't be that simple .... can it? YEP thats about the size of it

Sharpman.

;)

Thanks PT,

There is a god :)

Pity I couldn't ask for the rest of the money back :)

What would you suggest the plan of action to be.

I've already CCA'd littlewoods for original document.

Could you point me in the general direction of any threads that have had a similar issue.

Thanks

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hang on your saying you OH was threatened or felt thretened into taking this loan.

No i am not a expert but i think that may make the loan unenforcable IF you can prove it.

Now a SAR Should produce transcripts of telephone convos which should, hopefully, produce the evidence.

I would check with PT on this but if you can prove this then i would certainly say i would report them as it is threatening behaviour.

Thanks GM,

But it's highly unlikely they would produce such a damning conversation. How would I prove they haven't provided all conversations. But, It's worth a try.

Just a Q, how detailed are these transcripts, are they meant to be word for word?

Sharpman.

Edited by SharpmanTF1
Added a Q

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I thought it was like any transcript- they play the tape and an audio typist types out everything she hears. Like a court transcript.

Ot they supply a CD with all the phone call recordings on it.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Well I thought it was like any transcript- they play the tape and an audio typist types out everything she hears. Like a court transcript.

Ot they supply a CD with all the phone call recordings on it.

Nope they make edited notes on the computer screen as they talk to you IE tried to educate customer as to payment etc (cheeky git I have a bloody degree).

They are talking crap as normal when they say we are recording calls for training etc. I have sent full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Littlewoods , MBNA and Capital One and all any of them has produced is the dump of computer screen for phone calls.

dpick

Nope they make edited notes on the computer screen as they talk to you IE tried to educate customer as to payment etc

That, I think would be closer to the mark as I noticed when I did a cpr request recently. Sure There was more than two sentences during a recent conversation.

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That, I think would be closer to the mark as I noticed when I did a cpr request recently. Sure There was more than two sentences during a recent conversation.

Sharpman.

Yep probably for the same reason as they could never tell me what I had said, you like me will have used words of more than four characters. They cannot talk properly like what we does so they probably cannot spell as well.

all the best dpick

So if u was to SAR them they would not provide more then notes on convos. Well that does not help what i have said.

Ok, Soon find out.

Sending S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) in Morning.

Mrs Sharpman

The sharpmans residence

dd/mm/yy

Data Controller:

LITTLEWOODS FINANCE COMPANY LIMITED

AINTREE INNOVATION CENTRE

PARK LANE

NETHERTON

BOOTLE

L30 1SL

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBERS: xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx-x

Please send me the information which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to detailed occurrences relating to the account Numbers xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx-x

The following is by no means an exhaustive list but in the main this is what I require.

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to ALL accounting history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, all records you hold on me relevant to these accounts, including but not limited to:

1. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to the accounts.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notices that you may have sent to me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted.

6. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.

9. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

10. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

11. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

12. Please would you also advise me of the logic involved in any automated decisions taken by you about me pursuant to section 7(1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Any Other information relating to these accounts

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs

Enclosure:

1x £10.00 Postal order – maximum fee allowed.

If anybody is about, could they peruse and advise if i've gone overboard with this request. Didn't want to leave them open for reasons to be picky and selective with the information they require.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont think ur being picky just know what you want like all ladys, its men who are picky i find.

Sent it and see what you get back.

Needless to say they have 3 SAR requests from me for 3 different accounts. we shall possibly be compering notes.

Thanks GM.

Gleaned some of it off the ico website. point 12 is a doozy. Apparently, according to ico, if they send you stuff back and it has coded entries that you don't understand, they can charge you another tenner to supply the deciphered information. But with that line in they have to supply explanations as well.

sharpman

ps, any one know how to display signatures on end of messages.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can u please tell me what part of the website u found the info.

I have been looking but cant find anything unless i am looking in the wrong place.