Paypal, Advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just logged on to paypal to find my account in a negative situation, I sold an item on ebay for £200, back in January, I have posted it and everythings been fine, the buyer has left positive feddback, but paypal are saying the money was chargedback, so they took the money from me, they cant tell me why it was charged back, but want me to pay this debt, why should I pay it? what have I done wrong? Im seeing if I am eligible for seller protection but really dont know what to do, I have quite a few listings on ebay which are ending soon, if the money goes to my account then I've lost that too, what can I do? can I open a new paypal account, to still use ebay, and shall I cancel all my otems for sale so paypal doesnt get the rest of my money, please help I dont know what to do, also can I go to the police about this, as paypal did not inform me about taking my money, they just took it.

Helen

Read all emails from Paypal- the answer as to why the payment ws reversed will be there.

Probably because the buyer has fraudulently reported the transaction as unauthorised.

Have you contacted the buyer to ask them what they think they are doing?

Hi,

After some digging I have found out that the buyer's instant transfer was reversed by his bank, I didn't know this could happen, this is all the info i have managed to find out so far, I have emailed the buyer and asked whats going on but so far no reply, what should I do now, paypal say I must clear the negative balance, and look into seller protection, as the transaction was protected for whatever that means, please help I dont really know what to do, and paypal aren't being that helpful.

Unfortunately you have become victim to the latest wave in **** bags who buy from ebay, then issue a chargeback because under paypals rules they normally come down in favor of the buyer because the credit card companies refund the money.

I had the same happen to me with a mobile phone I sold, the **** bag reversed the charge and didnt answer any emails from me....luckily I had the IMEI number so I reported the phone stolen which would have barred it, however I was then £80 out of pocket + and £80 phone down!.

This is the huge risk of dealing with Paypal, the internet is full of these stories and whilst paypal have a monoloply being part of ebay, this will continue to happen!.

Guest 10110001

Paypal are supposed to enter a dispute resolution before debiting money from your bank.

Paypal hasn't followed it own rules - while irrevocably binding the consumer to them. You therefore have restitution under Regulation 5(5) of Schedule 2 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 because paypal has obliged you to fulfil all your obligations under their terms of business where Paypal has not perform theirs.

Contact your bank and get a refund under the Direct Debit Guarantee. Its up to paypal to take a civil action against the buyer.

Paypal definitely do not follow this rule, when they are hit with a chargeback they will immediately take the money from your account - THEN they will inform you.

Its then down to you to fight it, meanwhile being overdrawn in paypal and possibly in your own bank and not having the good either - its VERY rare in these cases for the seller to have any comeback, like has been mentioned even if you have proof of purchase.

When it happened to me I immediately deleted my direct debit details from the bank, but did not think of contacting the bank and disputing the payment taken.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally i state in my listings that goods won't be posted untill the funds are cleared into my bank account (from Paypal) and im able to withdraw the cash in my hand. This was due to a fraudulent buyer and i learnt my lesson the hard way...

Personally i state in my listings that goods won't be posted untill the funds are cleared into my bank account (from Paypal) and im able to withdraw the cash in my hand. This was due to a fraudulent buyer and i learnt my lesson the hard way...

Unfortunately your safeguard is next to useless - if they issue a chargeback, Paypal will simply take the money from you bank account!

Hi,

I have had a similar problem with Paypal, I told a wedding dress off ebay and the person paid with paypal. we then posted the dress and the buyer said that she had not recieved the item. She them logged this with paypal as an item not recieved and it resulted in Paypal giving that person her money back. Now, I answered every request that Paypal sent to me and even sent them a copy of the postal reciept. They said that as the buyer had not confirmed that she has recieved the item and she was not answering any of our emails that their was nothing they could do.

so we ended up being £120 down as well as the wedding dress down.

paypal really dont give a toss about the sellers and it seems that the company is run via robots.

anyone know a way that it can be resolved or indeed if this was infact legal?

Thanks

Scotty

MY friend is just having a problem with paypal.

He sold a phone. The phone was paid for through paypal so my friend posted it to Lithuania (I would have warned him not to if had known before hand). He then immediately transferred the money into his own bank account of which is awaiting clearance. Now paypal has said the transaction was not valid and his paypal now shows a negative amount. Can paypal take money from his bank account? If he cancels the DD now will it stop the money being tranferred?

Surely this is Paypals problem. They say they are safe and secure. If money goes into my paypal I assume that the money is mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Paypal is fine as long as you have seller protection.

helenm1984 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1362669", true); did you send to a confirmed address?

scottvsaunders vbmenu_register("postmenu_1399760", true); proof of posting is useless. To have protection you must use a proof of delviery i.e. must have signature

elvisgb vbmenu_register("postmenu_1401718", true); again must be sent via proof of delivery

If you are selling on ebay and accepting paypal you have to have seller protection or you would have not had any of these problems

Always send with proof of delivery to a confirmed address.

All the above would have not been an issue if the paypal 'rules' were followed.

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Paypal is fine as long as you have seller protection.

helenm1984 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1362669", true); did you send to a confirmed address?

scottvsaunders vbmenu_register("postmenu_1399760", true); proof of posting is useless. To have protection you must use a proof of delviery i.e. must have signature

elvisgb vbmenu_register("postmenu_1401718", true); again must be sent via proof of delivery

If you are selling on ebay and accepting paypal you have to have seller protection or you would have not had any of these problems

Always send with proof of delivery to a confirmed address.

All the above would have not been an issue if the paypal 'rules' were followed.

Idax

Requesting Proof of Delivery is also useless - have you ever seen some of the signatures and printed names on the PODs? If they are illegible or indeed signed by a person that you weren't even sending to, they are useless in court /Paypal.

No It's not, all paypal want is the proof it has been delviered.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the same situation and followed paypal's rules to the letter and still they got the debt collectors on to me! I found it didn't make any difference whether the item was sent special delivery with signature! Paypal still refused!

Would never use them again!

You wont have a choice for much longer if you trade on ebay

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court