debt with hsbc

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yep straight to the point u may want to include that now were in the DPA does it say they require a signature and that they have been happy to send statements and demands for money to the address without checking they are corresponding with the correct person.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

up to u really but i have used it in the letter so they actually read it

and making sure it is in bigger letters and maybe a different colour.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

It'll certainly concentrate their minds Lisa..........LOL!:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter from Metropolitan collection services today basiscly telling us to get out fact right before we accuse them I will put it on tomorrow cos I have had a couple of wines and might dont type it up correctly

lisa

Hi all this is the letter dad recieved .

Thank you for your letter concerning the above account.

I remain confused by your comments in you latest letter, you initimate that on te 23 june 2008 you summitted a requestunder section 7 of the data ptotection act 1998 requesting details as part of a data subject access request.

please mai I suggest that you respond to HSBC Bank direct as we are not handling your request. Our client wrote to you on the 14 August 2008 requesting a speciman of your signature to release your details.

Our role in respect of your account is to recover the outstanding balance which remains without an arrangemnet, therefore please may I suggest that when making allegations against comanies you have all the facts at hand as you have not submitte and such request to us.

I trust this clarifies matters,

yours sincerely

Yes back in June I sent S.A.R request to hsbc bank address but they keep say they need a signature but i wont send one. then the other day got letter from metro but i sent them and hsbc a lba. Have not heard from hsbc bank but got that letter from metro

If you can get your dad into his branch with copies of your letters and proof of his identity there wont be much they can do, also ask why they need a signature when they are perfectly happy to send bank statements and other bank letters to his address on a regular basis without a second thought.

pete

If you can get your dad into his branch with copies of your letters and proof of his identity there wont be much they can do, also ask why they need a signature when they are perfectly happy to send bank statements and other bank letters to his address on a regular basis without a second thought.

pete

But if any of the ID has a signature they will photocopy it in the branch won't they?

Another way round it is to get your dad to sign, but slightly differently to normal, or i've drawn a thick black line on the page and signed so the bottom of my sig goes over that line, making it very difficult for them to photoshop it. I also add small marks to different bits eg a dash across the top of an 'h' or a dot in the loop of letter. I then photovopy the signature before i send it off.

Oh the games we have to play :rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi there all

Well dad got more news from HSBC BANK today this is how the letter goes

Dear Mr **********

Thank you for you letter dated the 4 October 2008.

A data controlleer is not obliged to supply any information under sub section (1) unless he was received a request in writing. (WHICH THEY HAVE DONE:confused:) Further, a data controller is not obliged to comply with a request underthis section unless he is supplied with sch information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person seeks.

The bank policy is to establish the identity of the customer via a signature such that it can be compared with any other documant (e.g applicatin) that we may hold. (YOU MEAN TO COPY IT LOL :p).

wITH THIS IN MIND, i MUST ASK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO SEND A FRESH SIGNED INSRUCTINS IN ORDER FOR US TO PROCEED. iF WE DO OT RECEIVE THE SIGNE INSTRUCTIONS WE ARE UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUEST.

I apologises for the incovenience this may cause. If you have any further qustions, please contact out Customer Services Department on the telephone number below.

Any advice would be hepful:confused:

Lisa

Lisa - they are a persistent bunch - and they don't need the signature .

My only suggestion is to follow pete's advice at #234 and confront them at the branch , pointing out that they've been sending correspondence for years without any apparent problems - so why change now?

Threaten to report them to FOS for no-compliance with Data Processing Regs - and do that if you have to - enclosing copies of all the stupid letters asking for signature..........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

How old is this account ?.. If a few years then it would be understandable that your father's signature has changed significantly over the years. Get him to do a really shaky signature, photocopy the letter once he has signed, that way if they do attempt to reproduce the signature on something else you will recognise it.

You can also say that dad has no paperwork with a signature from the time he opened the account for comparison.

Another idea for a signature would be to sign and then put a couple of lines through it in a lighter colour ink than that used to sign.

your only other option is to speak to some one at the Information Commissioner's Office

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Did you send this letter to them ?.

Hi there again

sorry about that i forgot to paste it LOL!!!! I think I am cracking up or just be dizzy

Does this one sound ok

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If there all yes the account is about 13 years old and I sent that leter in pst 224 andadded the bit from 225 at the end of the letter.

Im not really keen on going into the bank cos they are very nasty bunch hat ould we do if they did use the signure that dad sends with a mark on it.

Cos few months ago im sure they said they did not hold a signed aggreement for my dad, i will have to have a look back when i have feed and water the family. So they are probably wanting it to copy and paste

thanks Lisa

You say, HSBC have admitted not having a copy of an agreement with your dad's signature. Without looking back over your thread, what is the purpose of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Do you require statements for reclaiming bank / credit card charges?.

When I originally requested a copy of my agreement from HSBC they said that they had been returned to branches and that I should trot along and ask them. Umm, I dont think so :D I asked for it again in the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and all I received was a blank form.

If they have said they dont have a signed copy in writing, then I wonder if it would be a better idea just to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. If they have put it in writing, I would find the letter and put it somewhere safe :D I think when you send a CCA request they are obliged to send you an agreement, t&cs and a statement of account. Without at least 2 of those then they shouldnt be trying to enforce.

If they make any attempt to take you to court you can then ask for the statements in a CPR request Then counterclaim for the charges. :)

What say you johnnymitch ?

BCOBS

by CB: If they have said they dont have a signed copy in writing, then I wonder if it would be a better idea just to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. If they have put it in writing, I would find the letter and put it somewhere safe

And make sure you have a few spare copies lisa :D

IMHO you have been more than patient with these idiots lisa

If you don't have such a letter I would send them the LBA again with any old squiggle on it (that you can later recognise as having been copied)

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

And if they don't comply , come back and we'll take it from there.....

the only argument they'll understand is court action..........

What say you CB??:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

I would go along with that JM :D

BCOBS

Good morning Lisa,

I would say that a squiggled handwritten signature would be best - that way, if they haven't got your dad's signature anyway - they won't know the difference - and it can always have changed over the years.

Some people have, I think , used a script font from Word , maybe like this:

Andrew B Jackson

which is ''Bradley Itc Hand'' (16) - but it's your choice ...... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lisa , if that is the only signature of that type in existence (and you'll have a copy of the letter to prove it ) - then if they use it, they are commiting an offence ........ just make sure it is unique and identifiable as such .....

Really , you only have to add a couple of bits or dots that have never been there before and you've got a unique siggy .... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Get your dad to do it - with his opposite hand...... :D - it's got to be distinctive so that it can be identified if it 'turns up' on a document from the bank ......

Nemo me impune lacessit