LOWELLS Financial Services - Campaign against unfair policies of DCA's

MrTWS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in. I have been dealing with this shower for several years and the letters they have sent you are minor compared with the rainforsest they have sent me. They have threatened me, my family and work colleagues. Their complaint system is useless. They have foolishly though committed some of their lies and threats to paper so now I have them where I want them. I am going after them in my own way as well

This present campaign of Lowells which involves a load of UNENFORCABLE debt they purchased from Barclaycard on 14 Dec last really needs to be highlighted in the media. Goodness knows how many folk have fallen for their threats and distortions of the legality of the debt and coughed up.

Yep count me in too! My Mam being one of the ones who they targeted too - and almost scared her to death for an alleged debt to Barclaycard that was absolutely nothing to do with her!

They should not be allowed to harass and intimidate people like this. Even for those who have outstanding debts which are now statute barred are being harassed.

What amuses me is their letters I have read about on here asking if alleged debtors used to live at certain addresses, then claiming if they don't receive a reply they will assume the information to be correct!!! How f'in ridiculous is that?

They need to be brought to task. Let people get on with their lives you EDIT and crawl back into the holes you are digging for yourselves!

Good on you for starting the campaignMr TWS! I will certainly follow with interest. I can't contribute with any advice as this is a first for me on receiving a letter from Lowells and then one from Red Debt collection agency in December 2007. Don't want to repeat what I originally posted (too long!) I am not familiar with legal terminology and have never been in a position like this before, but briefly,the letter came out of the blue. I had a barclaycard 20 years ago, presumed it was paid off and am now being told I owe £900.57p. Not had a full night's sleep since I got the letter. I have had some advice from CAG, thank goodness

Tony 4321 Do NOT worry about Lowells or any of their idiotic so called companies. They CANNOT enforce the Barclaycard debt no matter what Jackanory letters they send. Sleep content. The [EDIT] people who work for this [EDIT] company are the folk who cannot sleep. Forget about Lowells and all their rubbish. They can do nothing. They are wasting their time. Their bubble is about to burst.

MODERATOR'S NOTE> While I appreciate the strength of feeling that this subject arouses, please remember that this is an open forum which is viewed by young and old.

Regards, Rooster.

Count me in. First time poster! Thanks to all for the comments/support on this forum I am not worrying about this.

I have been receiving the Lowells letters. (2 in 2 weeks, expecting another when I get home) for an alleged Barclaycard debt from 1988. (approx £200).

I did speak to Barclaycard in the late 90s and they..

a) told me my previous account had been settled/written off and not to worry about it

and

b) pursuaded me to open a Barclaycard account which I still have today.

Does Barclaycard have some responsibility here? They sold the alleged debts in the first place and must have known it was unfair to collect it. I have decided to close my Barclaycard account (and frame the final statment showing a 0 balance just in case Lowells chase me in the year 2027).

Count me in - whilst I haven't personally dealt with this lot I have helped people who have - and they are using scare tactics to make people answer their gibberish letters... hopefully by phone.....

If they can't check an address before they send out a letter they shouldn't be sending out these threatomatic letters by the forest load.

I am more than happy to join you:)

My saga is exactly the same as yours, with the 3 letters being the same content and dates and with a Barclaycard debt I thought was cleared by a payment plan which finished over 10yrs ago. Got my 3rd letter yesterday, although I have sent them a letter on the 'statute barred' template. I dont suppose I will get much joy, but they will not :mad: be getting joy out of me with their bully boy scare tactics. My biggest annoyance is the stress it is putting my wife under, I am in the Armed Forces so am away frequently, as a result she deals with my mail when I am away. Been away this week so she opened the 3rd letter, which lead me to have a distraught wife on the phone last night. I will never :evil: let anybody hurt or upset my family, she has nothing to do with this situation, these people and their methods must be brought to light!

It is only as a result of the CAG that I have managed to get the information I need to stand up to them. Thanks to all out there who help!

SpursDorch

Hopefully by phone? mmm..Yes I tried to ring them after receiving the 1st letter as I was baffled by it. Luckily for me I phoned on a Sat at 2pm. (they close at 12.00) At the time, I was furious that they were closed as I wanted to know what this was about and needed answers. Even more than lucky for me I managed to discover this site before the Monday, when I would have called again. Phew...!

It's amazingly scary to think about how many people who don't have access to, or know about, site's like these and are paying up because they don't know their right's. I have to admit i would have been one had i not have found this site BUT what is even more frightening is how they have the nerve to act as though they are above the law. They assume they have the right person even if they don't, they tell what could be potentially anyone what the debt is -eventually, they ignore statute barred letters and cca's, the list is endless.

I will admit that when i first got the letters i was terrified but as time go's on i get more and more angry, this is 11/12 year's old (and in the passed week i have read about cc debt's bought in december that are far older than that!) and as i have been told, the time frames are there there for a reason that is fair to both parties.

Some of the people that this lot are targetting will be far more vulnerable than i, or many of the other people that have contributed to these threads are and will give them money that can ill afford whether they owe it or not because of the horrendous tactics employed and if i can contribute just a little bit to making this company's life more difficult, bring it on!!!!!

Hopefully by phone? mmm..Yes I tried to ring them after receiving the 1st letter as I was baffled by it. Luckily for me I phoned on a Sat at 2pm. (they close at 12.00) At the time, I was furious that they were closed as I wanted to know what this was about and needed answers. Even more than lucky for me I managed to discover this site before the Monday, when I would have called again. Phew...!

What is the issue with speaking to these crettins on the phone?

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Had a phone call this week from H & L Solicitors (done some research on them and they are pretty much playing the same game as Lowell/Red Debt). This was regarding another issue but it fits with what is going on with Lowells. It was a very probing call, and they tried to leave me know room to manouvre. However when I started being vague, and took my time to answer they slammed the phone down on me!! I would suggest that this is not the actions of a proffessional solicitors outfit who knows what it is doing is right and just (and I would even suggest within the bounds of the law?)

I think by talking on the phone you may inadvertantly slip up. You could record your calls if you feel comfortable with it. My personal slant is to do it by post so as to maintain an audit trail (and I dont sign the letters)

However it has still got to be a personal choice on how to deal with it.

Regards,

SpursDorch

Count me in. I've been Lowelled by the three initial letters too and the address that they quote is one I lived at about 16/17 years ago and I have absolutely no knowledge what they're talking about.

Go with the Watchdog letter - hopefully they will see this forum and make a report.

Swirly