Travelrepublic - Theme park tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I paid £700 for theme park tickets for use at Discovery Cove, Orlando on the phone (not online!) through travelrepublic.co.uk in October 2007 for use this March.

I am unable to take the holiday (cancelled for a cost of £570....thanks Thompsons) but now I find that travelrepublic will not give a refund for my tickets, yet if I had bought the tickets directly from Discovery Cove via their website I could have a 100% refund up to a week before!.

I have read the documents they have sent and it states nothing about not being entitled to a refund and I was told nothing about no refund when I purchased them on the phone. There is on however on travelrepublic's website one page of small print, which states no refund for Discovery Cove tickets only and also no change of name, so I can't sell them on ebay.

Am I entitled to refund as I bought via the phone, never told on the phone that I couldn't get my money back and there is no small print on the docs explaining no refund?

What if you don't have access to the web, you would never know that you couldn't have your money back.

Any advice greatly appreciated

You have no entitlement to a refund if you simply change your mind.

It's not a case of you can have a refund because you weren't advised that you couldn't, rather the other way round - you would only be entitled to a refund if they expressly stated that you could have one - there is no automatic right to a refund I'm afraid.

Can the tickets be transferred? You could try and sell the tickets to recoup some of your losses.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Why didn't you purchase them direct from DC in the first place? Seems like you were trying to save a few pennies (DC is almost always very similar price wherever you book) and it has backfired on you. And why should they offer a refund for something you freely purchased, it isn't as though they held a gun to your head and made you buy from them is it.

• 3 months later...

We have done Florida many times .

If you want the Theme Park tickets but them in in Florida.

If you stay on International Drive, you are falling over ticket outlets so you only have to walk a 100 yards up or down for tickets.

We always stay at the Quality Inn Plaza on I Drive, right opposite the up side down house.