Welcome Finance Problems

ozric
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thought i'd post this and see what you all think.

I have 2 loans whith Welcome,

Loan 1:Welcome Car Finance

Loan 2:Personal Loan

First the car loan:

I took the loan/Finance out in feb of 2006 at prepayment of 150 pmonth

I defaulted in june 2007 due to massive bank charges against my bank account(another matter to deal with) and paid in person at Welcome local offices.

Since then i have missed 5 payments on this loan.

Over the last 2 months i have received from 2 to 8 phone calls a day from their office demanding payment.

I have had visits from their 'boys' on two occasions at my house in the evening, where i was told a payment of 10pounds would 'get them off my back.'

Last week,after 6 calls in one day,although i have told them not to ring me at work as i am unable to take personal calls, i decided to see if i too had a ppi i was unaware of attached to the loan.

I sent a recorded delivery letter to Welcome along with a cheque for 10 pounds, and asked for copies of documents etc they hold about me under the Data Protection Act , S.A.R Request.

Two days later i got an office printout,on headed paper so i couldn't read the figures at the top of page 2,of my payments to this account....and nothing else!

Reading through this 3 page printout i can see they have charged me for calls made to my phone that i didnt take,(as a rule i NEVER answer my phone during the day but they use half a dozen different numbers,and sometimes i answer by mistake)

These charges for phone calls i never took add up to 90pounds in December, 70pounds in November, 50pounds in October....and nothing about the 2 lots of 10pounds paid to their 'boys' in person...for which i still have the receipt!

I also noticed that the 10 pound cheque for the SAR has been taken as a payment against my car loan.

I understand they have 40 days to comply with my request under SAR, but was a bit surprised at the lack of ANY details they are required to send,...As such, and after a quick chat on this forum (xcellent by the way),

i can only assume they can't find the agreement, or wont send it due to the PPI issue,...by the way, in my SAR request i never mentioned why i required it , just that i was entitled to it and here's 10 pounds to cover the cost.

So,.just to clarify what i owe and to nudge them a little more into producing the agreement, i am posting (Recorded Delivery) a CCA request, to which they have 12 days to comply or the loan becomes unenforceable.

I shall post updates on here to keep you all what's occurring.

Q:Has anyone else NOT had documents requested under the Data Protection Act ??

Q:Does a SAR request cover what is requested in a CCA request,..in other words ,as i've already asked for ALL documents under SAR, should i also do a CCA or is this enough??

Second Loan: This was DEFFINATLY sold to me with a PPI.

I sat in their office, after agreeing on the phone that a loan would be no problem, only to be told that they would only give me the loan if i agreed to a PPI. I said that it would be too much to pay monthly with the PPI, but after leaving the room for a few mins to 'chat with here boss' she returned and said 'no PPI, no loan'.

This loan is fully up to date, no payments missed..always paid by Direct Debit.

On the printout for this loan are a few things i don't understand...What does Transfer Out mean?

it looks like this:

4 nov 07: Direct Debit 121.64 owed 2,110.59

4 nov 07: Transfer Out 121.64 owed 2,232.23

14nov 07: Interest Posting 82.19 owed 2,314.42

14nov 07: Interest Posting 83.71 owed 2,398.13

14nov 07: Interest Reversal 82.19 owed 2,315.94

2 dec 07: IBTR owed 2,315.94

4 dec 07: Direct Debit 121.64 owed 2,194.30

14dec 07: Interest Posting 85.33 owed 2,279.63

4 jan 08: Direct Debit 121.64 owed 2,157.99

14jan 08: Interest Posting 85.97 owed 2,41.96

And...stupid though i am...WHY does my debt increase every month.....?????.

At this rate i could owe them for the rest of my life surely?!

Any advice on these matters will be VERY gratefuklly recieved.

Thanks

Ozric

ask for proof of telephone calls, they once told me they recorded all calls but could not prove it when s.a.r.'d. make sure they send you everything, their info provided to me was sketchy to say the least. if you have any old documentation check it against information provided- theirs differed to mine considerably. hit them with hard facts and they will soon go away

Rather than hit them with the little they've given me....which is only a printout of my payments,,i'm happy to let them waste away the next 35 days doing nothing.

You say you got documents from them...how long did you have to wait for this to come through???

Are they allowed to add their telephone call charges to a loan? Thats distraceful, MBNA could ring me up 5 or 6 times in one hour if they added these each time I would be fighting a losing battle.

Starting with NatWest - 3 personal, 5 business accounts

Next 11 credit cards

Next personal loans, morgages, sercured loans

Then anything else I can think of.

My thoughts exactly, if they can get away with charging me for unanswered calls...(i think i'll scan them in today and you can all have a laugh), whats to stop them ringing my phone 20,30,100 times a day.....these people are a bloody joke.

NOT complying with my data protection act request pretty much says it all..

As such, i feel obliged to say NOTHING more to them about my DPA request, but wait until 12 working days remain of the 40 days they have to comply, then send a CCA request,...so they both expire on the same day....and then STOP ALL PAYMENTS to them.

It will then be down to them to take me to court and explain to the judge... Why they have refused to send me my documents.

Why they charge for unanswered phone calls (surely this level of calls is harassment.)

The whereabouts of the 2 cash payments, for which i have receipts,made to their 'boys' on a call to my house in the evening.

The mis selling of 2 PPI's.

....... BRING IT ON ! ....

oz

My next battlefront is with good old British Gas.

A brief history....

By May of last year i had built a debt for gas to the tune of aprox 1000 pounds,...not ideal, but, life isn't easy as a single dad working all hours to even break even.

British Gas kindly (lol) installed a Quontum pre-payment meter at my house

on the agreement that i would pay 25pounds per week towards the debt BEFORE i got gas....In other words,..assuming i had run out of gas on a sunday, i would have to put 35 pounds on the payment card in order to receive 10 pounds of gas.....are you with me so far?...

On June 14th, after a month of pumping endless amounts of money into the meter, i phoned British Gas to clear the debt in full using my credit card and to have the quantum meter removed as this method of gas purchase is more expensive per unit than a quarterly meter.

This confused British Gas as..in their own words...'We dont know what to do as this has never happened before'..

The next sunday arrived and, having run out of gas, went to the shop and put 20 pounds on my payment card,....when i put the card in the meter it said i need to pay another 5 pounds towards my debt before i could get gas....I phoned british gas and explained, at length, that i had already paid my debt and insisted they rectify my meter immediately.

This went on for four months, me charging the payment card, phoning British Gas and complaining, and getting nowhere.

In November i left British Gas, telling them exactly why i had left and demanding the return of my over payments.

Nothing happened.

In January i received a bill for the electricity account, 127.50...I contacted British Gas and told them to deduct this from the moneys they owe me and send me the balance, along with 7 months interest and a letter explaining their inaction on my account over the last 7 months.The girl at BG was 'shocked'..her own words,. at the amount of calls made by myself over the 4 months before i left BG, and the lack of response to my requests/calls and assured me that she was sending internal emails to her manager to have her call me that day.

That was a week ago.

Nothing happened.

I am now sending a DPA request along with a letter DEMANDING they repay moneys taken from me for gas, for a bill i had already paid in full in June along with 7 months interest, a letter of explanation of their acts, and any compensation packages they would like to offer me.

I will keep you all posted on this one too!

oz

My next battle front is with Nationwide.

3000 pounds of charges over 1 year....!!!!

It's hard to keep on top of direct debits when they keep bumping 10 pounds on here and there, leaving a shortfall for the next DD's..incurring more charges,leaving a shortfall for the next DD's, incurring more charges..etc,etc,etc

3000 pounds!!!!!!!!

I am today sending them a DPA request and a demand they return my money immediately in the first instance and that they will also be liable to compensate me for charges i have had levied against me for non payment of DD's due to them deducting moneys from my account for unlawful charges creating a spiraling debt i cannot free myself from...

I will keep you posted on this too !

I would post on a Utilities thread where you will get much more help on gas problems, you are not alone!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

subbing - please continue with this as have a loan and a car with these cowboy jokers!

Taking back my financial freedom starting today!

Barclays Bank : £3200 in charges : On hold

Capital one :

CCA 03/03/08

SAR 03/03/08

GE Burton card :

CCA 03/03/08

SAR 03/03/08

Welcome Finance HP Car :

CCA 03/03/08

SAR 03/03/08

Welcome Finance Loan :

CCA 03/03/08

SAR 03/03/08

Littlewoods :

CCA 03/03/08

SAR 03/03/08

please remember a certain WF person has already admitted they read the WF threads so be careful what you are posting

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

they have 40 days to reply so must be over due, did you send it recorded, if so send a reminder letter.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/YourlocalcouncilandCouncilTax/CouncilTax/DG_10037422

dont know if any use.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)