Triton credit services re natwest credit card

devonboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i have had problems with Triton credit services

i had a natwest credit card

i had problems paying the card off

i had i deal with natwest to pay £165.00 pm

i missed the last payment by 7 days due to my wages

Triton Credit services ring and write to me

i had 7 days to pay in full if not going to court

i had a deal to pay £200 pm for 6 months

@ this time i was ill and had to move back home to live

they ask me to send a buget form in so i do and get the letter signed for

they don't get them

i have sent loads in

they called me lier on the phone

3 days later i had letter for a CCJ

i have got a temporary paymemt

any help

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some important deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action once the DCA continues to demand payment.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

hi all

i have had problems with Triton credit services

i had a NatWest credit card

i had problems paying the card off

i had i deal with NatWest to pay £165.00 pm

i missed the last payment by 7 days due to my wages

Triton Credit services ring and write to me

i had 7 days to pay in full if not going to court

i had a deal to pay £200 pm for 6 months

@ this time i was ill and had to move back home to live

they ask me to send a buget form in so i do and get the letter signed for

they don't get them

i have sent loads in

they called me lier on the phone

3 days later i had letter for a CCJ

i have got a temporary paymemt

any help

ty7pical behaviour form bully boys of triton . if you have sent the etter recorded delivery then they have receivd trust me they are manipulating you into paying more.... 200 pounds/month seems a lot to me !!

as curlyben suggest send them a cca request that will calme them down a bit .... did you received a CCJ? because if just received a CCj then you shoud l think to put it aside for now have you try to defend yourself against CCJ ?

By co-incidence, I received a letter from Triton yesterday, chasing a wholly unenforceable debt that is disputed anyway.

Triton is actually a non-trading, dormant company - everyone who works there appears to be employed by RBS. This is fairly common for in-house DCAs, and it seems that they are not breaking company law.

However, I spoke to the OFT yesterday, and asked whether, in the case of a dormant, non-trading DCA breaching OFT guidance, whose fitness to hold a consumer credit licence was brought into question - the dormant company or the 'host' company? They have asked me to let them have details of Triton. For good measure, I have asked Triton for a copy of their complaint procedure - the CCA 2006 requires them to have one, and if they aren't trading, it will be interesting to see how their procedure works...

scarlet pimpernel i can asnwer about their complaitn procedure. When i requested my CCa it come thorugh Natwest and their leaflet too but nothing from Triton Credit Services, when i query that their answer yoru account is no longer managed by uis butby the original creditor.

i made a previous complaint to triton, it returned to me as the adress was unknown mmmmmm....

i will be interested to see the response from the OFT !

i had a letter from a law company

they said

if i don't pay the triton credit the balance within 7 days

a CCj will be in forced

then i ring them they said they have had no letter from me

i had a letter today

asking me to ring them

as my temp payment has came to the end

wot should i do

ring them or write a letter

many thanks

Devonboy,

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some important deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action once the DCA continues to demand payment.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

you can dispute the account any time just cause you ahve been paying does not me they legally hold the account.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a letter today saying they want me to pay £220 for 3 months

they want me to pay in full after 3 months or a ccj will be in forced

if i don't own any thing if it goes to a ccj wot happens

no reply yet form the CCA

• 11 months later...

Hi all!

Found this forum while searching for Triton as they are hassling me for money along with another DCA the money is infact monies i am trying to claim from RBS for bank charges. We got to the court stages only to be put on "stay" and now im being hassled by 2 DCA for the same debt. Is this legal? does anybody know? I would appreciate any feedback?

Hi devonboy,

they are a bunch of bullies. I had a debt passed to them from natwest. I rang natwest to see if we could come to some arrangement, and they wouldn't even entertain me. Just said "nothing to do with us anymore" !!!.

Anyway, cut a long story short, Triton "worried me" into paying them £800 a month because I was worried about their threats. I stoppped paying them, and at the same time found this forum (which is excellent!!!). I sent Triton a cca request, and after 14 days never received it, and then sent them a non compliance letter. Never heard another word/phone call/ letter or otherwise from them. The next thing I hear, Newmans have now got it. So if Triton were so sure of their authority to collect debt, why did they pass it on. I know why, because they can't enforce it without having the valid cca !!! and neither can Newmans!!.........so they can go poke it aswell..lol

I was like you m8 a few months back, panicked, and just paid them fearing the consequences. I was terribly wrong!!!. I spoke to CAB and people on here, who said unsecured debts are NOT important. Simple equation is, they can't have what you ain't got!!!. I don't worry anymore m8, getting letters and phone calls from creditors, but they get naff all till cca is produced now.

Listen to the people on here, and the power turns tables m8, know your rights and let them swing for it and don't panic and worry. I know it sounds hard, but I tell you it works. Like I said, a few months ago, I didn't know what way to turn??, and panicked at a letter or a phone call. All my agreements are now in dispute apart from one, and I am a happier bunny!!. Keep at 'em m8 and good luck !!!

Taz11

Taz11 v NatWest/Triton: Unenforceable :D

Taz11 v BOS: Unenforceable :D

hi there

they are bulles:(:(

i moved in with my partner in march 08 i told them my new address they still keeped sending to my old address so my mum sent the letter back saying i do not live there any more and all letters will be in ripped up and bined :rolleyes:

still no letter asking me for full payment as wot they keep sending me

i only have a part time work:-| intill march then i start full time

i said i can only pay £50.00

i got bulled paying £250.00 each month:(:(

can my ccj me ???

Triton are idiots, but crafty and belligerent idiots. i too have a 3 month payment scheme to clear a debt, number 1 paid Ok no problem, I called up today and quoted numbers ready to pay number two. Some smart ass woman pipes up, "Who is this" Well, it's me, the person you have dealt with, the account holder. etc.

"No it isn't" she said.

"What?! err, yes it is."

"No it isn't, don't take me for a fool" she says!

"err," I say, again,

"But look I am calling to pay the next instalment, what is wrong with you? I ask.

"Don't be cheeky"!she says.

Ohh God, I think to myself, why me!

"So who are you"? She asks again, I sense she is feeling triumphant this time. Followed up closely by "I will ask you one more time, and if you lie again, you know the consequences! You don't sound as if you are the age you say you are, (i.e. 20.)

By this time I am getting really pi**ed off.

"Look, how the hell can you decide how old I am over the phone!!?" (Deepish adult type male voice)!!?? Totally bewildered.

I kept talking so "super bitch" couldn't get a word back in, which undoubtedly she was waiting to do, I told her I was not going to waste my time with her anymore, if you don't want the payment, tough. I will call again and talk to someone who isn't a blithering idiot.

Now there we are, even when someone tries to make a payment they have a damned problem, what an outfit! too much of the arrogant supercilious attitude they have generated amongst themselves flowing from their pores no doubt, looking to challenge everyone no matter what, or perhaps just a very stupid individual.

I haven't heard from them for ages, but even though Natwest have now sent me a letter saying they will be forwarding my cca (i won't hold my breath)...............low and behold Newmans have started ringing me again !!!

Pillar to Post comes to mind :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

Hi bizniz,

Haven't heard from Natwest or Triton for months. Triton are just bloody bullies!!:-x:-x. Have since had letters from Triton regarding other accounts and sent them packing. Its taken me a while, but thanks to all the helpful people on this forum I now realise they have no powers whatsoever, they feed on individuals buckling and paying money that they cannot afford. I myself paid Triton close to £5000 when I had bullying tactics and threats of court and wish I had found cag earlier. I now know better ;).

regards

Taz11

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Having read this forum, I would like some advice.

I had a credit card, but, like many, sutrggled with the payments at times. The balance has since been passed to Triton from RBS. I have missed one payment, due to my wages, not my fault. But, Triton now say they are passing it to their legal team. What does this mean and how do i stop it?

Re: Dozy87

While you try to negotiate with these people on your own, you are just one against a corporation. I'll bet you agreed to a figure that was too tight on your budget but you felt obliged to accept becuse of Triton's pressure. That's how they work - intimidation.

You need to get an official body on your side. In the first instance, go to Citizens Advice. They will give you a guideline financial budget statement to prepare which includes things like clothing and birthdays; things you may have forgotten. They will then write to Triton with a SENSIBLE payment plan for them to consider. They will reject in the first instance, guaranteed.

Next step depends on CAB. They could re-apply with the same figure explaining that it would not be in their interests to go to court as this would incur an additional cost and the court would more than likely make a judgement in your favour of just a pound a month.

Alternatively, CAB may say they can do no more (unlikely). If they do, write to the Financial Ombudsman stating your case and the unfair maner of your treatment. Include the threatening manner of Triton and that they have added costs and surcharges that you do not agree with. They will take up your case for a sensible payment option based on your budget.

It works. I've been through it all and pay 1.00 a month on all debts, though I appreciate everyone's case is different.

Just one other note. After the agreement has been set up, Trition send an email AND a phone call 3 days before the due payment date. Set up payments on a standing order (you have total control - DON'T set up a Direct Debit!), then call them and politely ask them to stop the reminders as payments are made automatically. If they argue, CALMLY tell them it is harassment and you must insist they cease the calls.

Hope all this helps.

Hi

Im needing some advice urgently, i only have till Friday to pay Triton a massive payment.

I had a credit card with Natwest and as id missed last 4 months payments have now received a letter from Triton. I received my first letter from them around 8th Jan 10 however didnt contact them till end of Jan when i opened their letter. I immediately panicked and called them as it said they were claiming the full amount of £3800 immediately, i said i was unable to make minimum payments let alone the full amount, they said if i paid the £400 immediately (which was the 4 months missed payments) they would reduce the total debt to £2800 however this had to be paid within 14 days. They sent me this in writing and i called them to check that this would show on my credit file that there was no outstanding debt.

Anyway the deadline was last Friday and i called them to say i was still trying to find £2800 (they never actually took the £400 that they initially wanted immediately) They said it was too late and not possible, after going away and speaking with a supervisor they came back and said they could extend it to this Fri however would NOT do this again.

From speaking with them today they are not willing to accept part payment in cheque and will not put it in writing the new deadline.

After reading the other posts im really confused what to do as i dont want to make my credit file any worse

I noticed that there may be a letter i can send, but as i have to pay them in 2 days i think it may be too late for this

HELP!!

Re: Tigerlilly6.

Firstly, let me explain what Triton and any other debt recovery company will not tell you. Your initial debt is presumably with a bank or Credit Card company. They maintain your credit file. Whilst the debt remains with them they will mark your credit file with your last payment for 9 months. Providing you maintain payments, once you are past 6 or 9 months (can't emember which :(), any late payments will not show.

When you fail to maintain THEIR payments they mark your credit file as late or defaulted.

At the point they pass your debt to the recovery company your credit file will show "default". The belief then is that should you make a payment arrangement with the recovery company and maintain that payment for 9 months, your credit file will be "repaired". WRONG.

The debt remains with the original company eg. RBS, and the payment arrangement is with Triton. Thus, you will keep that "default" label for 6 or 7 years (again, can't remember which :().

So, forget about your credit file for now. There are just two things you need to deal with. Your priority is to avoid a CCJ and to remove the worry and anxiety of such bullying threats.

As I said on my previous forum entry, you MUST get an official body on your side; an organisation that is knowledgeable on the law and deals with such recovery agents on a regular basis. You will achieve NOTHING whilst you try to fight it on your own.

CAB are free so it MUST be your first choice. DO NOT go to any private company until you have spoken to them, else you will end up paying a fortune and probably never have any form of credit history again.

They will hopefully advise you on how to proceed. Normally, they take over the negotiations for you so you can at least put your mind at rest for the immediate future. Any correspondence should be forwarded to your "debt councillor" at CAB.

Secondly, you must convince yourself that the debt is only of major concern to those whose money you have. Providing CAB, on your behalf and after careful consideration of your finances, put forward a sensible payment offer, Triton will (eventually) accept it. That is because if it went to court they would eceive no more than that already offered through CAB. In fact, the judge would more than likely offer less because they don't like recovery companies any more than we do!

It is late in the day for you but it is never too late. Call CAB NOW! Better still, go in to see them as a matter of urgency. Every hour of the day is important.

And for anyone else reading this, don't ignore the collectors and don't try to make your own payment arrangements. Go to CAB immediately and notify the recovery agent of your actions.

Please note: I am not an expert or a councillor but I have been through this process twice in my life. I have no CCJ's and whilst I am currently out of work and looking for a job I am paying £1 per month to seven debtors covering 35K debt. And you think you have problems!?!?!

Just remember, there is always hope providing you don't ignore the letters and seek expert help.