PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Groovy Lizard

Firstly, the company that charged you £37 hustled you I'm affraid.

Secondly, if you need a decent solicitor it will cost you at least 5 times that an hour.

Thirdly, you don't need a decent solicitor or in fact any solicitor - all you have got is an unenforceable invoice from a private parking company. It is a [problem]. All you have to do is ignore them. Court cases are very very very rare and usually end up in a loss for the private parking company when a decent defence is produced.

Finally, the golden rule of PPC bashing is never correspond with them. You have done so already but do not anymore. Also, don't get your hopes up about court, there is more chance you will win the lottery before they take you to court.

Best Regards,

TFT

Thanks TFT, much appreciated. Although Law Answers hustled me i think I probably got my £37 worth in fairness :) they gave me enough confidence to stick it out and so I guess they really saved me £43 overall. Will add to forum again if I receive any further nonsense from VCS but will take your advice and will not contact them again. Cheers.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive had a letter from graham white bout a month ago, no ive had a text and phone call from roxburge who wouldnt tell me what they was about so i said nothing

How did they get your mobile number?

Do NOT engage them whatsoever.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

Hi - Im new to the site and would appreciate a bit of advice as Ive just been ticketed by these guys for the outrageous sum of £80 ... only the car in question was my company car which I was not the driver of at the time

All advice seems to be "just ignore" but unless I contact them then all letters threats etc will be sent to my employer. What would you advise?

I know the people in accounts very well and am unlikely to get into any trouble over threatening letters turning up so not too worried on that score - they'll just pass the letters straight to me unanswered. I also know that under Data Protection legislation my employer cant pass over my details - but its possible they may inadvertently give out my name and / or transfer any calls etc.

How do you recommend I proceed? Write giving them my home address or wait for the letters to arrive at work?

All advice gratefully received

Edited by avaline

Are you sure the company is the RK of the vehicle and not just leasing them? If they are on lease then the PPC letters will go to the lease company who have a nasty habit of paying them then charging it through to you (with a 25 quid "admin" charge for their trouble!)

If the cars are owned by your company and they are the RK on the V5, then just make absolutely sure they will not pay the charge blindly then charge you. You are probably contractually obliged with your employer to pay PCNs and FPNs, but make sure they understand (in writing if necessary) that these are no more than invoices for an alleged contract which you dispute.

If your company are happy just to pass the PPC mail to you then you are better not to have any contact with them at all.

Wow - thanks for such a quick response. Yes, the company definitely owns the vehicle outright.

As soon as I'm back at work I'll let them know to expect letters, that Im in dispute with the company in question and to pass all correspondence straight to me.

Will also be making a donation to say thanks - without this forum I (and no doubt many others) would have simply paid up.

Edited by avaline

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to you all. I have a PCN from Vehicle Control Services. in which it states we have contravened CODE 94 (Parking without displaying a valid ticket/permit). The date was a Sunday, which in Leeds, usually means no parking charges. VCS say they affixed a parking charge notice to the vehicle (there was no notice attached when we returned to the vehicle & they havent sent a copy, so this is the first we have heard of it). They want £120 in 7 days (backed up with usual threats).

What do you say, ignore? Just not sure about the lack of parking ticket/permit, whether this should be considered.

Many thanks.

Just ignore. If you do owe them anything it would just be the actual cost of the P&D ticket, not that stupid £120.

My my, they do try and make themselves appear official and legitimate with that "CODE 94 (Parking without displaying a valid ticket/permit)" nonsense.

• 2 months later...

Hi, am new to the site, have had a read of some of the posts, and am pretty sure I know what the answer to my question will be, however I will explain anyway.

I got an £80 Parking Charge Notice from Vehicle Control Services Ltd today, to be honest I have parked on the same car park loads of times, and I have saw the signs but thought no-body bothered to check as I know loads of people park and don't get tickets. You are supposed to have a car pass to park there, and I have just not got round to getting one yet. They have said I have contravened code 94 - Parked without displaying a valid ticket. And I apparently have 7 days to pay it. I am in the armed forces so don't really want to be getting myself into trouble, but don't want to pay £80 fine.

I am guessing you will advise not to pay, but what is the liklehood that this may cause trouble for me???

Thanks in advance for any help and advice x

Edited by mk36

Hello and welcome to this forum. For a start this is not a "fine" as you have not broken any laws and have not committed an offence. Just ignore any correspondence from the company and don't contact them. Nothing will happen to you, and such things as your credit record will not be affected.

This is just a civil matter. If the company want that money they will have to take you to the civil court (very unlikely) and you lose (very, very unlikely).

So just relax and don't worry. If there are any more developments please come back on here for reassurance you need.

As you are in the armed forces you will be familiar with the NATO phonetic alphabet. In the very, very unlikely event of a debt collector turning up at your door then tell them to Foxtrot Oscar or you will call the police!

Hello to you all. I have a PCN from Vehicle Control Services. in which it states we have contravened CODE 94 (Parking without displaying a valid ticket/permit)They want £120 in 7 days (backed up with usual threats).

Just to give y'all confidence, since my post; Jan 11th 2009, following two letter of threats, nothing has been taken further - Please heed the advise, do not pay these horrible people!

Thanks to all on Consumer Forums!

Hi, I am a medical student and I attended a meeting at a hospital last Thursday. I parked in the hospital car park, which is parking by permit only, and there were signs in the car park from Vehicle control services stating that you needed a permit to park there. Under these signs it stated that a permit was available from reception, so I went to the reception to get a permit. On returning to my vehicle ( 15 minutes later because this is how long it took me to queue for a permit) I had been given an £80 parking charge, even though I had the permit on me. No parking attendants were around and I sent VCS a letter explaining the situation. They replied and told me that they would not revoke the charge because I parked there without a permit- even though you have to leave your car in order to get a permit from the reception. They also told me that I should have rang the helpline number to explain my situation. However, on returning to the car park for photographic evidence, the helplne number is misprinted and it is an invalid number.

So i wrote the company another letter, telling them about their invalid signs, and the sign instructing me to get a permit from the hospital reception. They have replied stating that they will not revoke the charge, and If I do not pay the £80, it will increase to £120, and after this it could result in court proceedings. I am scared of going to court but on the other hand I cannot afford an £80 charge. They have also told me that no further appeal will be considered or responded to and that they have made their final decision. I was just after some advice please? Not only do their signs have an invalid telephone number on, but I was issued this charge when I went to obtain the permit and the'r charge is also over the recommended charge of £75 from the British Parking association of whom they claim to be a member.

p.s I only just found this thread today and its great, thanks to all

Many thanks

Ignore and put up with the string of ever increasing threats from debt collectors. Or get angry and write one very forceful letter. Can help you with that. PM me. IT sfallw depends on your character. I always respond to the first letter and it is comprehensive enough tIat I never get anything further. So! IGnore or one letter and one letter only. I'd not suse. IINore

Hi, I am a medical student and I attended a meeting at a hospital last Thursday. I parked in the hospital car park, which is parking by permit only, and there were signs in the car park from Vehicle control services stating that you needed a permit to park there. Under these signs it stated that a permit was available from reception, so I went to the reception to get a permit. On returning to my vehicle ( 15 minutes later because this is how long it took me to queue for a permit) I had been given an £80 parking charge, even though I had the permit on me. No parking attendants were around and I sent VCS a letter explaining the situation. They replied and told me that they would not revoke the charge because I parked there without a permit- even though you have to leave your car in order to get a permit from the reception. They also told me that I should have rang the helpline number to explain my situation. However, on returning to the car park for photographic evidence, the helplne number is misprinted and it is an invalid number.

So i wrote the company another letter, telling them about their invalid signs, and the sign instructing me to get a permit from the hospital reception. They have replied stating that they will not revoke the charge, and If I do not pay the £80, it will increase to £120, and after this it could result in court proceedings. I am scared of going to court but on the other hand I cannot afford an £80 charge. They have also told me that no further appeal will be considered or responded to and that they have made their final decision. I was just after some advice please? Not only do their signs have an invalid telephone number on, but I was issued this charge when I went to obtain the permit and the'r charge is also over the recommended charge of £75 from the British Parking association of whom they claim to be a member.

p.s I only just found this thread today and its great, thanks to all

Many thanks

This post shows the folly of trying to reason with the [problematic] and why they should just be ignored.

regards

hi i'm new to this site and recentley received a PCN from vehicle control limited. but i actually did purchase a valid ticket however when i closed the car door it must have fallen onto the floor.

in appealing do you think i should send the original ticket i purchased or a photocopy as evidence?

kind regards

hi i'm new to this site and recentley received a PCN from vehicle control limited. but i actually did purchase a valid ticket however when i closed the car door it must have fallen onto the floor.

in appealing do you think i should send the original ticket i purchased or a photocopy as evidence?

kind regards

If you bother to read the post above your original one, you will see the folly of trying to reason with the ppc clowns.

regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks