PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have emailed an appeal letter,

Sadly, I feel your chosen action will just attract more letters and attention from the PPC than had you just ignored them completely!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I think there are cases of PPC going to court, though I don't think they've ever won.

There are instances were PPCs have had some results in court.

As for making no difference if it went to court, that'd be up to the judge.

I feel you are giving these companies far too much credibility, you are dealing with a Private company who have no legal status whatsoever, unlike the Police or the Council who have the backing of legislation. I agree with DX your letters prior to action will make no difference whatsoever, but I accept it is your money and time you are wasting and if that makes you feel better then so be it. The general advice is to ignore everything except REAL court papers.

regards

• 3 months later...

Since the ticket issued in Feb I have received 2 letters from the company. This morning a debt collection company has written to me and say that they will take action and will refer the matter to their solicitor if I don't respond. They will take action whether I coporate or not.

Since the ticket issued in Feb I have received 2 letters from the company. This morning a debt collection company has written to me and say that they will take action and will refer the matter to their solicitor if I don't respond. They will take action whether I coporate or not.

Standard threat from a debt collector. They can refer it to their solicitor, For that matter so could you. It would achieve nothing.

Continue to ignore. They only thing you need to be concerned with is that they actually issue claim against in you in court. There is a 99.999999% chance against that happening. In the extremely rare event that this actually happens then you have the right to defend yourself and a really good prospect of victory against them.

But as I've said continue to ignore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny. As advised just ignore.

regards

HELP.....I dont believe it, after nearly a year I have received a debt collectors letter stating I have 7 days to pay or dispute and failure to pay will result in the fine being passed to their solicitors. Is this just another threat and should I await the court letters (if they ever arrive). I would be interested to hear from anyone who has received similar and if so what was the outcome? Many thanks :confused:

HELP.....I dont believe it, after nearly a year I have received a debt collectors letter stating I have 7 days to pay or dispute and failure to pay will result in the fine being passed to their solicitors. Is this just another threat and should I await the court letters (if they ever arrive). I would be interested to hear from anyone who has received similar and if so what was the outcome? Many thanks :confused:

Does their letter actually say, 'fine'?

Just continue to ignore it is clearly a fishing trip of old debts, times are getting really bad for these clowns.

regards

No it doesn't state 'fine' it just says that the debt collector has been instructed by VCS to recover this outstanding debt and vehicle details listed, breach of contract ticket No. X.

I was shocked to receive any more correspondence so just needed reassurance! Thanks again

I have also received debt collector letter from Roxburghe. Also stated that I have 7 days to appeal or pay but as they letter was dated 24/9 but I only received the letter today that period is rather redundant.

Is it best to just ignore as the letter only says that there may be 'potential' legal action?

I have had enough of these people trying to rip it out of everyone!

Mine was dated 24/9/09 too and I received it yesterday 1/10/09.....they are obvioulsy working on a job lot! I intend too ignore it but like you I am fed up with the threats, especially after nearly a year.

Good luck and keep me posted on any further correspondence.

Hi

My partner recieved a PCN from Vehicle Control Services in Newcastle last November, the ticket was only 10 mins out of date. I took some advice from this site and we ignored it, we had two reminders and then heard no more. I did try and contact the company but couldnt get a number. Last week we recieved a debt collectors notice asking for £160.

It states thats of we dont pay within 7 days they will pass the matter onto a solicitor who will review the case for potential legal action.

Should we call them up and tell them we still wont pay? The collection agency is called Roxburghe.

Thanks

Unhappy

So, I too recieved a letter dated 24.9.09, from Roxburghe Debt Collectors. Also indicating the intent to pass the matter to Graham White Solicitors.

Sum £160.

I have to say its concerning, especially since I am not the registered keeper. And at this stage I worry that the debt will affect the 3rd parties Credit rating. Though at this stage even if I pay the amount, I suspect if a Credit record has been changed, it is unlikely to be altered even if I pay.

So are we all going to court then?

I worry, nobody on this forum seems to write about court experiences, does anybody make it that far or do they a) all pay before it escalates b) eventually never hear about it again

Im worried.

Presumably 5kywalker you are receiving the letters via the registered keeper as it is only their address the PPC can have obtained from the DVLA. Therefore it is the RK who the PPC will be trying to take to court, who has the absolute defence of "I was not the driver therefore cannot have agreed to any contract".

Presumably 5kywalker you are receiving the letters via the registered keeper as it is only their address the PPC can have obtained from the DVLA. Therefore it is the RK who the PPC will be trying to take to court, who has the absolute defence of "I was not the driver therefore cannot have agreed to any contract".

This is correct. Just seems a little grey that area. Is it not by law the responsibilty of the RK to ensure all business involving the vehicle is in order. For example, if I were to rent a car and get a speeding fine, the fine is passed to me, not to the hire company who are the RK of the vehicle? So does this not apply the same in the case of a parking charge notice?

So the defence in court, should it get to court would be that as the RK I have no obligation to say who was using the vehicle. Add to this fact I was in another country at the time and this is evidence I can prove with airline reciepts and hotel bills. Its a fairly sound footing?

And what of credit ratings, does anybody have any experience of recieving a bad credit rating as a result of dealing with the afformentioned?

I'm a little confused as I thought you said in your posts above you are NOT the registered keeper.

If you are the RK, and weren't driving at the time (because you were elsewhere in the world) you have a cast iron defence.

If you were the driver, the RK doesn't have to say who was driving, so there is no way they can get you, unless you've already told them you were the driver.

Credit ratings aren't my area, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will confirm that this can't affect credit rating. You'd have to give your consent for that to happen. These awful companies like to sound powerful and official, but this is exactly the same as me shouting that you owe me £160 - there's nothing I can do to your credit rating just by saying you owe me money, and nor is there anything these companies can do.

And what of credit ratings, does anybody have any experience of recieving a bad credit rating as a result of dealing with the afformentioned?

They cannot affect your credit rating unless:

1 - They take you to court

2 - They win

3 - You then don't pay up.

There is no chance of this happening, so ignore them and don't worry.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks