• Tweets

• UK citizens will be subject to the same rules as other Third Country Nationals. Keir Starmer to warn of 'major disruption' risk ahead of new UK-EU border checks | ITV News WWW.ITV.COM Ministers will announce measures to try to blunt the impact of the changes, writes ITV News Deputy Political Editor Anushka Asthana. | ITV National...  
    • Oh I see! thats confusing, for some reason the terms and conditions that Evri posted in that threads witness statement are slightly different than the t&cs on packlinks website. Their one says enter into a contract with the transport agency, but the website one says enter into a contract with paclink. via website: (c) Each User will enter into a contract with Packlink for the delivery of its Goods through the chosen Transport Agency. via evri witness statement in that thread: (c) Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency I read your post at #251, so I should use the second one (and changing the screenshot in the court bundle), since I am saying I have a contract with Evri? Is that correct EDIT: Oh I understand the rest of your conversation. you're saying if I was to do this i would have to fully adjust my ws to use the consumer rights act instead of rights of third parties. In that case should I just edit the terms and stick with the third parties plan?. And potentially if needed just bring up the CRA in the hearing, as you guys did in that thread  
    • First, those are the wrong terms,  read posts 240-250 of the thread ive linked to Second donough v stevenson should be more expanded. You should make refernece to the three fold duty of care test as well. Use below as guidance: The Defendant failed its duty of care to the Claimant. As found in Donoghue v Stevenson negligence is distinct and separate to any breach of contract. Furthermore, as held in the same case there need not be a contract between the Claimant and the Defendant for a duty to be established, which in the case of the Claimant on this occasion is the Defendant’s duty of care to the Claimant’s parcel whilst it is in their possession. By losing the Claimant’s parcel the Defendant has acted negligently and breached this duty of care. As such the Claimant avers that even if it is found that the Defendant not be liable in other ways, by means of breach of contract, should the court find there is no contract between Claimant and Defendant, the Claimant would still have rise to a claim on the grounds of the Defendant’s negligence and breach of duty of care to his parcel whilst it was in the Defendant’s possession, as there need not be a contract to give rise to a claim for breach of duty of care.  The court’s attention is further drawn to Caparo Industries plc v Dickman (1990), 2 AC 605 in which a three fold test was used to determine if a duty of care existed. The test required that: (i) Harm must be a reasonably foreseeable result of the defendant’s conduct; (ii) A relationship of proximity must exist and (iii) It must be fair, just and reasonable to impose liability.  
    • Thank you. here's the changes I made 1) removed indexed statement of truth 2) added donough v Stevenson in paragraph 40, just under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 paragraph about reasonable care and skill. i'm assuming this is a good place for it? 3) reworded paragraph 16 (now paragraph 12), and moved the t&cs paragraphs below it then. unless I understood you wrong it seems to fit well. or did you want me to remove the t&cs paragraphs entirely? attached is the updated draft, and thanks again for the help. WS and court bundle-1 fourth draft redacted.pdf
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A Big Hello and Thank you to CAG

konakona
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone this is my 1st post on the CAG:D

I would like to start by saying a really big thank you to you all!

I found this site totaly by accident last weekend, within 10 minutes I had more information than I have ever recieved from CAB ect...!

I can not express how much you have all increased my confidence, or how grateful I am for you doing so!

My story is petty simular to most of yours. I had a good job, which I lost in 2003 and was unable to work for about 18 months.

Never in my worst nightmare could I have imagined how quickly or ferosiously my creditors would turn on me!

By the second missed/late/reduced payment they were circulating me like vultures. No matter what I have done since to try and solve the problem they have not been satisfied, offers payment plans turned down or canceled after a couple of months, paying these companys every penny I have only to see the debts increase rather than go down, recieving dozens of phone calls a day, whilst all the time being told I'm the worst debtor in the world and how they are going to take everything I own (I know I dont need to tell you guys what DCA's are like!)

Anyway I have spent every night of the last week going though as many threads as possible and I think I have the general jist of what I need to do! (first time for everything!)

But I'm sure I will need a bit of guidence along the way!

I have really been inspired by Spiritgirls thread and have decided it is time to "poke the bear" LOL

Still amazed that this time last week I was sat in this chair, at the end of my teather wrought with fear of these companys, staring with dispear in to the abyiss that is my debt....

But today my fear has been replaced with unadultarated anger at the way myself and others have been treated:mad:

From what I have read most if not all of the companys I have on my back have acted unlawfully, and nothing would give me greater plesure than to hit them with the biggest leagal stick I can lay my hands on! (or at least let TS/OFT hit them on my behalf!)

So I'm going to spend saturday going though my accounts ect and come up with a action plan, and would really appreciate it if I could run my plan by the board once I've finished to make sure I got everything right!

(The last thing I want to do is give these **** a way to wriggle out of their actions)

Once again I really can not express in words just how greatfull I am just for this sites exsistance, your all stars in my book!

Luv

kona

Welcome to the forums konakona! :D

I'm glad you've been able to find the information you need. Don't forget also that if you need help just ask, that's what we're here for!

I particularly like a phrase that you use...

"poke the bear"

Here's a good evenings entertainment and an eye opener to some of the tricks and stunts played by our favourite dca's!! :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co.html

Good luck with it, Dave.

• Haha 1

Remember to start a NEW Thread for each of your different Creditors.

Each Creditor will use different tactics against U + U will need different answers from US, to help U deal with them!...;)

GO konakona GO!!!...GO konakona GO!!!...GO konakona GO!!!...:D

Hi Konakona and welcome to CAG, the best place on the planet to begin your fightback against debt.

If I were you, I'd get a LARGE drink (of whatever variety you prefer), get comfy in front of the computer and read through the thread that Dave linked for you. It's interesting, eye-opening, informative, hilarious in places and so full of guidance that you will never regret having read it.

You have begun the process of fighting back when you joined CAG; if you stumble there will always be someone to help you back up and onto the path you chose to tread. If you need help, there will always be a friend to help you out.

Good luck and go get 'em. :)

• Haha 1

Thanks diskmandave:D

Wish I could credit for the poke the bear comment! I nicked off the another thread, probably yours in fact!

(remined me off a tshirt my mate had "company name poking satan with stick then running away giggling like a school girl)

Thanks for the Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co "GAME OVER" thread

I'll get the little'uns in bed and sit down with a cuppa for that one!

Thank you robdblynd!

It really does mean so much to know you guys are here:)

Going to take your advice and sit down with a large drink for daves thread, although having just relized it 35 pages I might forget the glass and use a bucket instead;) :D

LOL konakona

Stick around with us and that will change.

:D

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Hey mamie

You coming over tomorrow? Please let us know in the CAG meet thread - as Rob is driving.

(forgive the hijack folk?)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Diskmandave

Thank you so much for putting me on to your thread, read though it last night, funniest thing I've read in years, had me in stiches!LOL

Congratulations great result:D :D :D

I've got Robinson way on my back to, so read it with great intrest.

When I started, I was all geared up for "poking the bear" but now I relize it will be more like "slapping the village idiot":D

Really cant belive how these companys get away with it though:eek:

Always presumed they were above board on the baisis that some goverment body would have stopped them if they acted outside the law, as you say a real eye opener!

Thanks Hippy-chick and Mamie your support really is appreciated!:)

Right been in to town this morning, picked up 1000 sheets of paper, 250 envolopes, new ink carts, box files, sheet of stamps and a wad of recorded delivery labels as thick as a Robinson way employee!

I'll get our accounts organised this afternoon, and start some threads!

Let the games begin............

Thats the spirit - get organised and you will be halfway there. It is surpising how their threatomatic letters repeat themselves, often contradicting previous or known information and completely confuse the situation.

Robinson Way, Moorcroft, Westcots and the newer kids on the block, HFO Services (watch out for their cards from First Logistics saying you have a parcel to collect and they need instructions from you, they will use the info to tie you to a debt and slap a court order as quickly as blinking).

How about making a chart up with the name of the creditor, the companies dealing with it and their frequency of contact, could be useful for other CAGers at some point.

LOL konakona

I love your attitude. And I look forward to reading about your excitibg adventures.

Onward and upward ...

:)

sillygirl1

your not wrong about the letters, got half a forrest sprawled out in front of me! Those poor trees......

Got letters from all the ones you mentioned and a few more!

Also had loads of those parcels cards in the past, but knowing I havent ordered anything, and them coming in the mail, I've been binning them presuming they were part of a phissing [problem]!

Bearly scratched the surface of this mound of paper work, and already found 4 companys trying to collect the same debt in november, all sending letters on the same day:eek:

Love the chart idea, and if it can be of help to others I'm well up for it!

Thanxs hippychick!

I'm actully looking forward to having some adventures!

Gone are the days when I used to dread the sound of the letterbox! When your at the bottom the only way is up!

I think it was Winston Churchill who said something along the lines of "if you are going though hell, dont stop, keep going!"

Yup - that's Churchill.

I'm very disappointed in my DCA. They don't ring, they don't write - what have I done to upset them?

:D

Awwwww sory to hear your dca's have dissapeared hippychick and curlyben:(

I was just thinking, if the creditors are allowed to sell debts, are the debtors?

If so I would be more than happy to sell you mine at a reasonable price!:D

Thanks for the welcome Curlyben:)

spotted you in diskmandaves thread, loved the "The Law is a Double Edged Sword and the Consumers Edge has been Sharpened" quote!

Right, got the last 6 months worth of paper work in order!

Not quite as bad as I first thought, lots of different(?) companys chasing the same debts, all claiming different amounts for the same debts, amounts going up and down even with the same dca regardless of payments and a couple of debts that were being chased seem to have vanished!

Got 2 seperate debts being chased by Robinson way, could get interesting.......

Goning to have a cuppa then sit down and start a thread about what appears to be the easiest...............

When I started, I was all geared up for "poking the bear" but now I relize it will be more like "slapping the village idiot":D

Right been in to town this morning, picked up 1000 sheets of paper, 250 envolopes, new ink carts, box files, sheet of stamps and a wad of recorded delivery labels as thick as a Robinson way employee!

You have the two best weapons you need now - CAG and a sense of humour! Remember - the 'people' you are dealing with are swimming at the bottom of the pond - they cannot get a better job - the 'owners' of these 'organisations' cannot make a living at anything better than picking up the crumbs from other immoral incompetents.

Nil illegitime carborundum. ;-)

Steveh2508

It would be hard not to have a sense of humor after reading how diskmandave ran rings around them!

Curlyben

"EVERYTHING CAG does is to ensure that the financial institutes act according to the Law of the Land."

In my eyes your true hereos for doing so:)

But still shocked thats it left to you guys to do so:eek:

before I found this site and relised that their tatics, were well, um, "iffy" I had presumed that some government body kept an eye on them!

Would have thought after half a dozen or so complaints about a particular company they would be investigated, get the feeling if I were to report a shop selling pirate dvd they would be raided, yet the dca's are allowed to carry on.........scandalous