Honey v Barclaycard

honey5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had a monument card and had it for years, always incurring costs due to one thing and another (usually just forgetting the bill was due!!!) anyway last week barclaycard kept ringing and ringing and telling me of a payment, eventually i lost my temper with the woman and told her that card wasnt mine (my balance was far higher than what she quoted) only to be told that barclaycard have taken over my monument card, first ive heard ive had no letters telling me of the take over nothing at all and stated this so they let me off with the late payment charge!!, so silly me instead of disputing it there and then paid her via my maestro card, what should i have done??

this card was down to £120 but now with charges due to no communication from monument for months on end its upto £575 and barclaycard have lowered the limit to £500 which means its constantly in the red

thanks in advance

honey x

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SAR them then go through the usual route to reclaim charges.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

im gonna need help here ive never done anything like this before :(

will me actually paying her over the phone mean that ive acknowledged the debt?

barclaycard dont seem like nice people to deal with

honey x

Charges aren't the same as debt they're unlawful. You wont get the balance of debt back back but you can reclaim all of the charges, letter fees, late payment fees etc. Have a read through the FAQs and that will explain all.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

there's loads of help around the site and all the letters you need are in the library. Start a thread under the relevant bank/company and someone who's good at this game will be able to help.

Hi Honey,

Empty your in box please !!!

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Right then Honey, One step at a time.

I take it you don't have all the statements that go with the history of this card ?

Thats not a problem, you first of all have to send them a S.A.R.= Subject Access Request. As Jenschnifer suggests. In this you are asking for all the details of your history with Monument and Barclaycard. You will find template letters here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Have a good read though this section and get back to us !!:D

Here you go, you on your way already !!

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

There is a step by step guide here :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

And all the FAQ are here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

but I am sure there are plenty of people prepared to hold your hand and keep you on the straight and narrow :D

So thats your next three days taken up !!

Lex

&

Hi Honey5,

It's very scary. BUT, if you take it easy, read carefully and follow all the advice, you'll get there.

Ask away with any questions when you need.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

its all quite scary lol

honey x

LoL Honey,

Thats what we all think when we start out after OUR money back. As you go on your confidence will grow with each stage, and you have the mighty CAG behind you now !!! :D

Remember it's your money they have, :mad: and you want it back !!! :-)

Just go one step at a time and you will be fine.

Lex

&

Hi again,

Forgot to say, next time anyone calls you about a debt, looking for payment, etc, tell them to write to you as you are not dealing with this on the phone. Then put the phone down.

If they start calling often and harassing you, let us know and we can help.

There are plenty of ways we can help you shrug off anyone trying to squeeze money out of you.

So, get your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent off requesting your statements as soon as poss.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hiya Honey,

As Slick says don't put up with any harasment over the phone from them. If they keep it up you may want to think about writing to them with one of these :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Comes in handy for other things too !!!

lex

&

Hi Honey

Try This :-

BARCLAYCARD.

PO Box 5592.

NORTHAMPTON.

NN14 1ZY

It seems to be the most up to date one we have.

Lex

&

Hi Honey, and your welcome !

Please post your S.A.R. on your thread when it's ready so we can just have a wee check, it's 6 months since I sent one and things may have changed a bit with Credit Cards :D

I would like some of the other folks to check it with me ;)

Lex

&

The standard SAR request should be fine. Just amend as necessary to reflect your details and send by Rec'd Del'y. Only post it on here if you have any queries.

The only thing to change re CCards recently is the POC but you're not there quite yet. New BC POC is in Stickies at top of BC forum.

BARCLAYCARD.

PO Box 5592.

NORTHAMPTON.

NN14 1ZY

14th december 2007

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

barclaycard........honey

north east

home address

I require you to address the following :-

1. Please supply me with a complete list of accounts,transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organization. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable. I also require a signed copy's of the CCA 1974 act on each and every one of my credit card accounts.

2. Please note that I require ALL information on ALL of the accounts that I have held with you whether this be in the form of statements, fiche or other recording method. Also any data that has been archived into any archival system used by your company, including outside companies. Please note that I also require copies of any notes or journal entries, which you have made about me as a subject, as well as copies of any recorded telephone conversations which you may have made which I was a party too.

3. Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

4. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

5. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 You have 40 days in which to comply fully with my request. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them.

6. I also require certificate’s of proof, signed by your Data Controller, if any of my account/s history has been destroyed for what ever reason. I require the name of your Data Controller for any future correspondence

7. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally used in the past to communicate my private business to me and which you had hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from any local branch.

Yours faithfully,

honey

like this you mean????

honey x

This isn't the letter from the SAR link given back on p1 of your thread. It may be fine but is overcomplicated.

Adapt it to reflect YOUR a/c and claim - eg if you're reclaiming chgs, you don't need sight of the CCA doc'ts.

Out of interest, where did this letter come from.

Slick