BPM Ground Services / Credit Resource Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Barnsley boy your advice is greatly appreciated, I imagine my next letter will be similar to cuppcat's threatening house call, it seems that these guys will stop at nothing to try and intimidate/bully any people that they suspect might owe money. Its quite amazing that some complete stranger can falsely accuse me of owing a debt and then bombard me with phone calls and letters threatening all sorts of action, the world has indeed gone mad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys!!

Another victim here of the disgusting behaviour of CRS - they have resorted to sending me texts etc now. I am about to write my first letter to them (thank you Barnsley Boy for the template) but have to say that I am a little concerned about the bully boy tactics they will now adopt. I am a young woman who lives on my own and know I would feel threatened should they turn up at my door. I was parked in a car park for 20 minutes over the allotted time - they gave me a ticket. BUT! Once the store manager had contacted them to explain that I was having plans of a kitchen drawn up (hence the time spent in store) that the ticket should be cancelled. With lots of phone calls etc to BPM (please note that this was 3 years ago!!) they agreed that it was deemed as null - therefore the ticket was cancelled. I kept the letter they provided stating this - but sods law... I cleared all old documentation out approx 3 months ago. I certainly did not think that it was still needed, as the only papers I regard in high value of keeping for that period of time are tax returns etc ..... When I called CRS (didn't see this forum until after!) they couldn't give me any description of where the ticket was given etc - but did offer me a reduced rate if I paid there and then. This girl on the phone was about as helpful as chocolate fireguard, and that certainly seems that this is how their business is run! Do you think I am in the same situation as the others - or do you think that because a ticket was originally offered, I am liable? (even though it was cancelled and agreed upon)

berylbeans,

Sorry to hear about your concern. If anyone did turn up at your door [very, very unlikely] just tell them to go away. They have NO powers.

Having said all that, a letter or email sent to CRS should add a bit of peace of mind:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

This alleged debt is absolutely denied. I have written to your principal on a number of occasions and understood the matter to be resolved some three years ago. In view of the elapsed time you will fully understand my not having the correspondence to hand but, should it be deemed necessary, I'm quite prepared to swear in court that the BPM proposed charge was cancelled.

In the circumstances please refer this matter back to your client.

Any further contact whatsoever from you, whether by letter, phonecall, text or other means in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997and / or the malicious communications act.

I specifically withdraw common law permission for you and / or your agents to visit my property.

Yours faithfully

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha, the CRS fools have bought some more debt they won't recover!

This is my story, it is just my experience and I am not an expert in these matters at

all.

I received this letter from BPM in June 2006.

It was the first notice I had of any parking fine so I replied with this letter to them which I sent signed for and have a print out from Royal Mail that shows they received it.

Of course they ignored it and just sent another slightly different letter you can see here.

I replied again with a copy of my original letter.

I didn't hear again until August 2008 when I received this letter from the Eurotrust Services debt collectors.

Next I wrote to Eurotrust services with this letter and also wrote to two of the retailers whose car park the fine was for, Iceland & Wickes.

Here is the one to Iceland who were kind enough to reply and say they would inform the freeholder with my concerns.

Wickes on the other hand ignored my letters, twice.

Of course Eurotrust ignored my letter and sent this one.

So I replied with another resend of my letter to them.

Since then I have heard nothing until April 2008 when the this letter from Credit Resource Solutions landed on my doorstep.

These people are a right pain. Even though I know nothing is going to come of any of their claims it still goes round and round in your mind causing unnecessary grief. As a decent conscientious person you just can't help that.

If you are in a similar position don't worry and I hope that you can learn from my experience.

These people are full of hot air on this matter.

If you do write, keep copies of all your correspondence. Compose letters on a computer if you can keep them stored somewhere because rest assured this won't go away for quite some time. The debt if not recovered by them will be sold on to another collector who will start it all up again so don't expect it to go away for quite some time.

Now that I've found this forum I'll just post CRS the template 'put up or shut up letter'.

Ha ha, the CRS fools have bought some more debt they won't recover!

Of course, they haven't bought debt, rather they have bought the lies of a firm of cowboys.

Spread the word amongst all your family and friends about these idiots.

DoggyWoggy,

You are nothing if not thorough. The correspondance you have posted does demonstrate the general experience that PPCs / DCAs don't respond to queries, requests for information or presented arguements. They just continue to repeat their unjustified demands for our hard earned cash.

As you say, it is easy enough, file away correspondance, give nothing away, it is for them to make their case. Cut to the chase and send the cease & desist letter at the earliest opportunity.

Just had that company called Scotcall round. I didn't even give them chance to speak. Told them that I wouldn't be discussing anything with them and could they leave my property. Which they did.

I want them to take me to court now. I can't believe their cheek.

I also can't understand why they are wasting money on a voided £60 ticket. I mean they must be paying these guys to come round my home a salary. Where is the sense in that.

From an earlier posting:

The Credit Resource Solutions Website boasts under the "services" section.

"Use of Field agents to 'Knock on the Door' of debtors to collect cash. "

These people would typically be self employed working on a commission basis. These tactics, for a hotly disputed debt are simply beyond the pale.

Again from OFT guidance:

"Debt Collection Visits"

2.12 Examples of unfair practice are:

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is disputed or deadlocked.

If anyone thinks that there is a real danger of a "visit" they should write recorded delivery to Credit Resource Solutions stating the debt is disputed and they categorically withdraw common law permission for any "representative" to visit their house.

Anyone who has had a "visit" should complain to OFT & Trading Standards.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just recieved a letter from CRS stating there is a balance due of £115.00 and on the 10th December 2007 my debt was legally assigned to CRS Ltd. That's six months ago!

I immediately called them and eventually they told me that it was issued on 11th Dec 2006! With more probing I found out that the issuing authority was a private parking company BPM Ground Services. This was after being led to believe that it had been issued in a park!

I pointed out that I had heard nothing till now and that I didn't believe that they were a real company because of the time delay. She, Amy, replied that the reason for delay was because I hadn't responded to the parking ticket??? A ticket which I've never recieved. She also said that it doesn't matter that I haven't recieved anything till now as I am still liable.

She said that they have requested photographs from BPM and which will be sent to me via the post. She will then call me back to discuss it. Once again I pointed out the unfairness at the delay and she cut the conversation short.

How do I complain to the office of fair trading? The only details I can find are consumer directs...

I've just recieved a letter from CRS stating there is a balance due of £115.00 and on the 10th December 2007 my debt was legally assigned to CRS Ltd. That's six months ago!

I immediately called them and eventually they told me that it was issued on 11th Dec 2006! With more probing I found out that the issuing authority was a private parking company BPM Ground Services. This was after being led to believe that it had been issued in a park!

I pointed out that I had heard nothing till now and that I didn't believe that they were a real company because of the time delay. She, Amy, replied that the reason for delay was because I hadn't responded to the parking ticket??? A ticket which I've never recieved. She also said that it doesn't matter that I haven't recieved anything till now as I am still liable.

She said that they have requested photographs from BPM and which will be sent to me via the post. She will then call me back to discuss it. Once again I pointed out the unfairness at the delay and she cut the conversation short.

How do I complain to the office of fair trading? The only details I can find are consumer directs...

Consumer Direct is run by the OFT. Its a starting point. I would also complain to your local trading standards as well. The OFT will tell you that they don't deal with individual complaints. However if they receive enough of them they will investigate. It won't hurt to have your complaint on record.

The OFT website is at The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers and does have a general enquiries number.

To find contact details for your local trading standards then go to trading standard central

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seems like these (crs) are harrassing all and everyone .we have had a demand and it keeps going up and up.the last letter even claims that it is a statutory notice of intention to go to court unless we pay up in 7 days.fob off letters have been ignored ,no surprise there, now involved norfolk trading standards to see how we get on.norfolk police sit on their hands and say it,s a civil matter. surely if i have responded to their demands stating there is and never was any debt ,what they are doing must be harrassment ,i,m worried the next letter will be picked up by my wife and she will just pay ,she has already called their flippin premium rate number:-x

seems like these (crs) are harrassing all and everyone .

Can I suggest everyone being hassled by these jokers gives their local trading standards a call and also consumer direct.

Multiple voices complaining about the same outfit will carry more weight with the OFT.

It may be that you could obtain a court order against them under the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

I have also received numerous letters referring to parking tickets issued by a company called BPM,I rang CRS to explain this and was spoken to in a very rude and threatening way,basically saying pay up or we'll send the boys round,talk about red rag to a bull,I mailed Andrew Calvert at CRS and told him that I had taken legal advice and deny access to my property,and asked him to produce copies of tickets and photographic evidence for me to pass onto my solicitor,he replied and said would forward on to me,a week passed and nothing was forth coming,then I received an email from another woman from CRS saying that my account was now closed as BPM had gone into liquidation.I have received another letter dated before the email which now says i owe £100 solicitors costs.I have ignored this and don't expect any more correspondance from them.

watch this space

email recieved from CRS following my request for documented & photographic proof.

Dear Sir

I am writing to confirm that your account has been closed and as BPM have gone into liquidation we are no longer chasing he debt.

Regards

Kat

Katrina Matthews

Administration Department

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys - Looks like the sharks are at it again - I received a letter from CRS stating that I owe them £140 for a ticket from BPM Ground Sevices Ltd. I have phoned them and told them in no uncertain terms that I would not be paying this and where was I parked to get this ticket! They responded with that they didn't know where I was parked! Although it was on the 12/12/2006 - very helpful - I shall rack my brains and try and remember where it was I went that day! D'oh! I have told them that I want to see a copy of this ticket. This is a really useful site and will contact as many trading standards agencies that I can!! Has anyone else heard from them recently??

Hi Again

I had not heard from CRS for a while and then last Saturday received another letter from a different company called IDS collections, saying I have an "outstanding amount" of the same £100. CRS have obviously sold the supposed debt onto them, having given up themselves. I will not be responding to this company at all, even if they provide a 0800 telephone number. :lol:

I received a letter last August 17, 2008 from Credit Resource Solutions acting in behalf of BPM-CRS Ltd in connection with outstanding debt of £140 in relation to parking ticket's issued last October 05, 2006. I don't have any recollection of the said incident and never received any ticket from them. I phoned CRS to give me details about the incident and was informed that we parked our car last Oct 5, 2006 at Halford and Wicks Chatham and overstayed. I was shocked because I don't even know that place and never did receive a ticket about the said penalty. I phoned CRS back as advise by consumer's direct and asked them to send me a proof or evidence of the said incident. They refused to send me one which is contrary to the letter they sent me stating that they will be pleased to provide further details if I require. I am going to see someone from Citizen Advise Bureau. I am planning to send CRS a letter demanding for proof.What do I do next? I am getting so worried and don't want to have any record on my credit history. I am not going to pay them for something that did not happen at all.Please help..

I am going to see someone from Citizen Advise Bureau.

I think you'll probably get more help and advise on this board than from CAB

I am planning to send CRS a letter demanding for proof.What do I do next?

General advise on this front would be don't bother writing coz you're wasting your time,

and what to do next = Nothing

Hi Guys - I have contacted the trading standards dept. and they have given me the same advice that is already on this forum! Either ignore the letter or write to them and say that you do not acknowledge this debt! I'm waiting for CRS to send me details on where I was suppose to have been illegally parked!! These people are a pack of wolves and if they thought that I was going to pay the riduculous fine lying down they were very much mistaken!! I've also reported it to the local police and will be writing a letter to DVLA (for giving out my personal details) and I think I might contact Watchdog. There are innocent people out there paying these fines, as they are scared of what might happen to them! Lets hope they take me to court - I will wipe the floor with them! AngryD

Hi Guys - Looks like the sharks are at it again - I received a letter from CRS stating that I owe them £140 for a ticket from BPM Ground Sevices Ltd. I have phoned them and told them in no uncertain terms that I would not be paying this and where was I parked to get this ticket! They responded with that they didn't know where I was parked! Although it was on the 12/12/2006 - very helpful - I shall rack my brains and try and remember where it was I went that day! D'oh! I have told them that I want to see a copy of this ticket. This is a really useful site and will contact as many trading standards agencies that I can!! Has anyone else heard from them recently??

I just had a similar experience to AngryD....a fine for an outstanding debt of £140...well it's the first I heard of it! Instantly realizing they were probably dodgy I called them. The rather pathetic,depressed and confused sounding guy told me the date of the offence was 12/12/06 (same as Angry D above) which is a bizarre coincidence. When I asked why I hadn't heard from them sooner he told me that they have had my debt since January 08 but had a problem locating me (must have had the same problem with you Angry D??!). Well I've had the same car and address for a long time so I can't see what the difficulty was. He also seemed to be making up where he thought my car was parked...just said in a retail park, Halfords or Wicks and muttered quietly to himself 'where's your local area'. He really did sound like he was scanning the internet for a Halfords or Wicks near to my address!!!!! I told him he was conning me and I wasn't going to pay it anyway, he then cut the conversation short by saying he needed to find more information. We shall see.

I recently received a parking fine from Parking Eye (a CCTV parking enforcement company) that sneakily appeared in my local Morrisons without me noticing. I regret that I paid this fine. Had I found this site earlier I definitely wouldn't have done. However, I am suspicious that my details may have been fraudulently passed on from Parking Eye to somebody at CRS. It may well not be the case but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Just seems bizarre that I am recently collecting private parking fines having never had any in the past!

I will be reporting CRS to trading standards that's for sure. CRS may have some genuine debts to collect but my conclusion is they also make quite a few up.

Was really pleased to find this website today....without the internet we'd all be sitting at home wondering if we really did park our car in a certain carpark 2 years ago for an unacceptable amount of time!!!!! I would also be fearful of the consequences of not paying but all the advice on this site has given me the confidence to stand my ground. Thanks very much.