AS Securi-T - READ IF YOU HAVE A TICKET FROM THEM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been given a ticket by them on Friday!! On Thursday night I parked at my girlfriends flats in the visito bay after going in via the secured gates that only open via a remote that only tennants/owners hold. I went back the car at 6pm on Friday after work to see the ticket!! There is a sign above the secured gates but could not see it in the dark as not lit up. They are asking for £75..............should I pay? Do I have any legal grounds not too?? Any help very gratefuly received

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been given a ticket by them on Friday!! On Thursday night I parked at my girlfriends flats in the visito bay after going in via the secured gates that only open via a remote that only tennants/owners hold. I went back the car at 6pm on Friday after work to see the ticket!! There is a sign above the secured gates but could not see it in the dark as not lit up. They are asking for £75..............should I pay? Do I have any legal grounds not too?? Any help very gratefuly received

Do not pay. This is a [problem]. You have plenty of legal grounds to not pay.

Have a read of this advice guide which is located in the stickies section of the forum.

These charges are unlawful penalties. What you have is an invoice for an alleged breach of contract - not a ticket.

The advice is normally to ignore and wait for the threats to arrive. This will range from debt collectors throught to threats of county court actions and bailiffs getting involved. This company hardly ever takes people to court so don't get worried. If you don't want to ignore then use the template letters in the stickies section.

However don't respond as these bandits will have to pay £2.50 to obtain the Registered Keeper details from the DVLA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:-)

Boy that was a quick response, thats just the sort of info i was hoping for.

VMT

Mickmatt

Hi Mickmatt,

These are just hot air. Disregard them but keep them. Their just chancing their arm and trying to get a lot of money out of you. Please, please, please don't pay it. You don't have to and, more importantly, you shouldn't have to.

Mike

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I received a letter from AS Securi-T on the 22nd September stating that I had not paid for a parking ticket dating back to the 23rd July. I have never had a parking ticket in my life so was somewhat suprised. I called them and was advised that on this date I had visited a Staples car park, which I had. I had been given the penalty for leaving the car park. I had left the car park to with draw some money to make a purchase in Staples. On returning to the Staples store they did not have what I wanted in stock. When I returned to my car there was no penalty notice on my car. I remember it being a warm day so there was no way the ticket could have blown off my car. I do recall the attendent being in the car park on his mobile phone, he looked at me as I got into my car but that was all. I have disputed the fine with AS Securi-T, the replied to me once reducing the fine to £70.50 and gave me a deadline of today to pay up. I sent a further two emails disputing this and was ignored. I telephoned today and was told if I did not pay they would send the debt collector's round. So I handed over my card details. I ask for some sort of proof of payment and was told I could have it if I sent in a stamped addresses envelope! Unbelievable!

Too late I have paid it! I have never had anything like this before and it sent the fear of god through me. I did think better of it upon reading posts on this site but was too late to cancel the transaction. I am annoyed with myself for paying it.

Too late I have paid it! I have never had anything like this before and it sent the fear of god through me. I did think better of it upon reading posts on this site but was too late to cancel the transaction. I am annoyed with myself for paying it.

You could ring your bank and inform them you have been scammed. They may be able to reverse the transaction.

If that doesn't work then you could possibly go down the recovery route and take them to court. You'd need to write them an LBA and state your reasons for seeking a refund and if they fail to respond or won't repay it then sue them through the county court.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me.

I have received a PCN from a private company called AS SECURI-T telling me to pay a fine because I didn’t have a visitors permit. I have sent them a letter stating that I am not liable as I wasn’t the driver only the keeper of the car. They then sent me another letter stating that I am still liable as I am the registered keeper and therefore they will be sending my details to their ‘collection team.’

What do I do?

Ignore their letter or reply?

As I wasn’t the driver on that day am I legally ok not to pay? And what can they do legally? I dont want to end up in a bad situation?

• 3 weeks later...

I HAVE SENT THE FOLLOWING LETTER TO "AS SECURI-T LTD", PLEASE ADVISE WITH YOUR COMMENTS IF ANY, OR MAYBE HOW I SHOULD HAVE RE PHRASED THE LETTER, THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY A CON ARTIST COMPANY TRADING ON THE EDGE OF THE LAW, AND THEY ARE TRYING TO MILK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE OUT OF MOTORISTS, IN THE END THE SHOPS LIKE STAPLES ETC WILL BE DRIVEN OUT, THROUGH THE SHEER GREED OF THIS COMPANY, THE DIRECTORS SHOULD BE NAMED AND SHAMED AS I SUSPECT THEY ARE LIVING THE LIFE OF RILEY ON THE BACK OF THIS [problem]

XXXXXXXXXX CAR PARK SOLUTIONS DIV

XXXXXXXXXX A S SECURI-T LTD

EASTVILLE 151 HIGH ST

BRISTOL SOUTHAMPTON

HAMP. SO14 2BT

ATHWALL, RANJEET DIRECTOR/

ATHWAL, VALDEV DIRECTOR

SUITE 704

8 SHEPHERD MARKET MAYFAIR

LONDON

W1J 7JY

my Email address:- XXXXXXXX

29/10/08

DEAR SIR/ MADAM

FURTHER TO MY CALL TO YOUR OFFICE TODAY 29/10/08, I WRITE TO CONFIRM I HAVE ONLY EVER ONCE PARKED (and never again) IN STAPLES CAR PARK NEWFOUNDLAND RD, BRISTOL (CABOT CICUS) I DECIDED TO CHECK OUT SOME PRICES FOR COMPUTER STUFF I WAS APPROX 1.5 HRS, I CAME BACK AND FOUND A TICKET ON MY CAR, I WAS MOST DISGUSTED THAT, HAVING BEEN SHOPPING IN THE STORE (STAPLES), I STILL RECEIVED A PARKING TICKET, I SPOKE WITH THE SHOP ASSISTANT WHO SAID THIS WAS COMMON PLACE AND APOLOGISED, HOWEVER, I DID PAY & YOU HAVE CONFIRMED YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS £94.00.

PLEASE NOTE SINCE THIS INCIDENT, I HAVE TAKEN MY TRADE ELSEWHERE AND WILL NOT BE PARKING IN THIS PARKING AREA OR SHOP IN THESE SHOPS AGAIN, YOU WILL THEREFORE, UNDERSTAND MY HORROR TO BE TOLD THE UNPAID FINE RELATES TO ANOTHER PARKING FINE “WHEN I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE” I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT, I DO HAPPEN TO PARK OUTSIDE ON THE PUBLIC HIGHWAY AS I AM NOW WORKING CLOSE BY AND I BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE SPIRITED MY REGISTRATION NUMBER DUE TO THE READINESS OF PAYMENT OF THE PREVIOUS FINE, BY NOW REQUESTING ANOTHER £94.00.

PLEASE REPLY IN DUE COURSE AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVIENIENCE, AS YOU HAVE SENT ME A LETTER REQUESTING PAYMENT BY 30/10/08, I ALSO WOULD LIKE ANY EVIDENCE TO BE PROVIDED OF ANY ILLEGAL PARKING YOU HAVE ON FILE.

AS YOU MAY TELL, I AM VERY ANNOYED AT RECEIVING THIS LATEST PAYMENT REQUEST, I WILL ALSO BE SEEKING POLICE AND LEGAL ADVICE REGARDING YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR LEGALITY ON THESE FINES. I HAVE ALSO CARRIED OUT AN INTERNET SEARCH AND WILL BE LOOKING INTO MY FINDINGS, I WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH YOUR DIRECTORS DIRECTLY. I AM ALSO LOOKING INTO THE RECOVERY OF THE PAID £94.00 AS I BELIEVE YOU HAVE OBTAINED THIS DISHONESTLY AND BY DECEPTION, PLEASE PROVIDE REPAYMENT OF THIS £94.00 AMOUNT THAT WAS PAID TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER COURSE OF ACTION.

XXXXXXX

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Yesterday I recieved a parking tickets through this comapnay in a local supermarket car park. I parked up at approx 14.05 and visited the supermarket and shops I have a reciept to illustrate this. My husband had a hospital appointment across the road. When we returned to the car, him from the hospital and me from the shops we were faced with a carparking ticket. I approached Booths who informed me that becuse the ticket had been issued I would need to appeal through A S Sercri T ltd. The carpark was signed saying for use of Booths customers only but as I was a customer I parked and used the facilities within the guidelines and for less than the allocated time of 2 hours. I can only presume that the carparking attendant saw my husband leave the vehicle and go across the road and didnt se me enter the shop.

I was planning to appeal this fine and post off the evidence ie the till receipt however after finding this site and threads im unsure can anyone advise me.

Many Thanks

Hi tarl08,

I received a ticket from A.S.Securi-T. I parked out side a block of flats where I am resident with my girlfriend. The valid permit we hold slipped off the windscreen in to the footwell of our car. As such, A.S.Securi-T issued a ticket. I appealed and they just blanked me and tried to order me to pay. I went to see the Managing Agent and they phoned A.S.Securi-T and told them to cancel the ticket.

Please note, my advice to you is not from a professional perspective but just from one individual to another. First of all, it seems that you have done little wrong. I would write a letter to A.S.Securi-T appealing (if the worst comes to the worst you will be heavily advantaged if you can illustrate to a judge/legal representative that you have done everything by the book to rectify the matter. That said, you are more likely to get five numbers and the bonus than it going that far.

When dealing with the matter, keep a balanced view point - given your scenario how likely is it that a judge would find against - you were a customer and your husband went to the hospital - it hardly constitutes a serious breach of any rules.

In short, they are known for being chancers - getting what they can out of who they can. Do not pay them - you have done nothing wrong - do not fall for their empty and uneforceable threats. No doubt you will have a raft of support from the guys on this site. Remember, I am speaking from the perspective of someone who has dealt with them. By not paying you are likely to invite a selection of letters - keep them, respond to them but do not be fearful of any threats they make. After all, if they had such a case against all these parking felons amongst us they would be quick to file in the county court. They don't because they are in a very weak position and know that they will very likely lose. In short, they are bullies.

As general advice, send any post to them recorded/signed for.

Write a letter of appeal to them but under no circumstances even hint at who was driving. Unlike police and local authority penalty charges, private parking notices are only enforceable through the law of contract. Therefore, A.S.Securi-T must prove who the driver was as it is the driver who allegedly broke the terms of the contract they agreed to be bound by, by parking at the site in question. This is one line of defence.

Another line of defence is to examine the clarity of the signs advising the terms you agreed to be bound by when parking at the site. Something as little as an obscured sign can really kick their legs out from under them.

Another line of defence is to ask them is provide proof that you committed any alleged breach of the terms of parking.

A.S.Securi-T will rely on your fear of their threats and your ignorance to the law in order to make you cough up - don't

Report them to Trading Standards as well.

Another route you can try is going to Boots, asking for the Manager, and explain that you will write to your local MP and the press. Does Boot's want such publicity in the golden quarter of retail????

Above all, do not panick, do not be scared of them - disregard their threats - respond to their letters in a polite, dignified and responsible manner but be forceful. This is irrespective of how they treat you - take the upper hand.

Do not have any faith in A.S.Securi-T in treating you fairly - all they want is your money - be midnful of this when dealing with them. Also, only deal with them through written letter.

Stay strong and fight them - you are the victim here!

Hope that all helps,

the_freedom_trail

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

tarl08, the far easiest solution is put the ticket (and your till receipt from your shopping) in a drawer along with any more rubbish then send, close firmly and forget about it unless and until they are stupid enough to actually take you to court.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, have just spent a good deal of time reading the amazing amount of information on here, thanks!

Today I was also given a "Parking Charge Notice" for parking in Staples car park near Cabot Circus in Bristol. I just laughed when I saw the guy wandering around the car park...

Firstly, I am definitely NOT paying this so no worries there, but I would be interested in hearing how others have subsequently got on with this company. Do they continue to harrass you if you ignore their letters? How long before they get bored and dissapear?

Secondly, if they did pursue the case, it has a few holes...

The PCN states that we parked at 13:03, but we have shop receipts from over 5 miles away at 13:34, so we can prove that we weren't even there. Then we bought items from Staples on our return to the car park, asked the cashier to get our parking validated as a customer of Staples, they said they didn't issue these (?!) and that we probably got the PCN because we had been parked there too long before coming into Staples (admittedly we did go to Cabot Circus for almost an hour before going into Staples), but the signs in the car park don't include a time period, so they can't enforce a limit they don't display!

Anyway, hopefully somone can update this thread with other recent letters from this lovely company...

Hi astrolux,

I'm not an expert, I have only read a lot of this and a couple of other sites, but I think I have the gist of it:

Use the templates (they seem to be working for me, their replies are a joke), do NOT let them know who was driving, do NOT phone them. Or, ignore them completely, personally I'm trying to waste as much of their time as possible.

They really don't have a leg to stand on:

Edited by baptiste

My advice is too hit them with both barrells - do not write or say anything you would not want a judge to see/hear but indicate to them that you are a force to be reckoned with. The best advice is know your enemy - you are significantly more intelligent than them - as soon as you hit back with a strong attack they will wilt like a daisy in saharan sunlight. You did nothing wrong and are totally the victim - remember this and show no compassion. You are not dealing with reasonable people so do not make the mistake of appealing to a better nature they do not have.

If they continue to harrass you, inform the Police (make a complaint), inform trading standards (make a complaint) - gather your evidence and then bring a civil case for harrasment.

In my instance, I got a £150 ticket because my valid parking permit fell off the dashboard in my car at the car park at the block of flats that I live in. After a failed appeal, I went to the managing agents and asked them what their take on the situation was - they said nothing called Arse Security up and made them cancel the fine.

Go to Staples, ask them how they would feel about you writting to the local press about their use of A.S.Securi-T. Retaillers are desperate at the moment and do not want bad publicity - exploit this - after all Staples provide the business to A.S.Securi-T they are the ones with the power to do anything (aside from the judge obviously).

Hope that Helps

T_F_T

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Okay, well, Happy New Year everyone.

And for a new years gift, i got a collection letter from RCS debt collection giving me 14 days to pay (wait for it) £174.00 or face court action.

Do i even bother replying?

Is there a likelihood that they could take me to court?

And am i right in thinking that A-Securit own RCS?

Thanks folks

Don't reply. If they wanted to take you to court, they would have done so and wouldn't be bothering with 'debt' collectors.

Would you spend £60+ on court just for £174 when you could get your victims to pay up voluntarily with a few threatening letters instead?

I had the same problem with these cowboys 18 months ago. just ignore and they will go away after a couple of more threatening letters. At that time they used Inland Recovery (Just another desk in the same office)

Happy New Year:)

Hey Sentinel of Liberty

Lets put it this way, there is more chance of you finding a Ferrari in your garage than A.S.Securi-T taking you to court. I speak from experience in dealing with these silly little clowns lol Just relax, I would say ignore them; however, if they are really starting to annoy you then write to them requesting £174.00 payment in compensation for their harassment of you - tell them they got 14 days to pay. IF they don't p**s off give them send a letter before action and they'll get the message. Quite franky, I suspect you have more intelligence in a single strand of hair than these chancers have put together. Remember, a victory for you is a victory for everyone bullied by these futile little fools. BTW, RCS are one of their own I think - even if they aren't - it isn't exactly hard to get shot of a debt collector in this instance.

A further bit of advice for you, if they threaten anything like sending someone round, don't hold your breath. If they do, tell the boys in blue. Seriously though, don't buy a cake - it will only go hard by the time they rock up. In the meantime, have a jolly old laugh at them , relax and enjoy your new year. If you do feel unsure, jump back on the CAG and one of us will glady help you out.

T_F_T

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hi guys, just joined, this thread seems to fit the bill for me! Let me explain.....

As in the case of ASTROLUX, I too parked my car at the Staples Car Park next to Cabot Circus in Bristol - today Fri 2nd Jan 09. I walked across the road to look at something, then walked back to and WENT INTO STAPLES, and lo and behold as I'm about to leave the car park, I find a PCN stuck to my car! The time between leaving and returning to my car had taken not much more than 10 minutes!

I am thinking of going back to Staples and ask them what the hell they think they're doing using these clowns!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, FM52E

Edited by FM52E
Add date