AS Securi-T - READ IF YOU HAVE A TICKET FROM THEM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For a company that is allegedly moribund and possibly being chased for VAT, they appear to be remarkably active..... one ticket, above, being issued today!.... (Post #150)

Does anyone have any further info?

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all, and happy new year!

I sent Securi-t a 'cease and desist' letter and they replied that my 'appeal' had been unsuccessful and that the dept still stands!

They also added a further piece of 'evidence' to back up their claim, a photo of my car!

Their responses are a joke, I used the template letters, and they reply with irrelevant statements like my 'appeal' was unsuccessfull and that as RK I am responsible.

Probably is best to completely ignore them, but I do like wasting their time, has anybody ever had it taken further by these mugs? I read that they took 2 people to court, in one case they were made to pay the 'defendent'! But what happend in the other case?

Should I take their response to my last letter to the old bill?

Baptiste

Don't even bother writing to them, they're a joke. They will not take it further and if they do then they are extremely unlikely to win. They took a pic of your car - I hope you had given it a good wash. If you are particularly fond of your vehicle then why not frame it and place it on your wall. They are nothing more than blaggers. They can only attempt to enforce under contract law therefore the bit about the RK being liable is bulls**t as it is for them to prove that it was the RK that entered in to the alleged contract and not any other driver of the vehicle. Forget these jokers! They're really not worth your time :)

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I`m hoping someone can help me with a problem associated with

A S SECURI-T LTD: Car Park Solutions Division

PCN Processing Team

I received a letter from this company this morning and a parking charge notice, stating that on 13/12/08 I was `apparently parked` and breached rules and regulations 1.2.4

1: Unauthorised and illegally parked

2: Failing to display a valid permit/ticket/voucher/road fund licence

4: Causing obstruction and inconvenience to others

On the day in question I did in fact stop in the place stated but was waiting for a lady to get in her car and drive off so that I could park in the parking bay she was using. As this lady was taking a while and because I didn`t want to be an obstruction to other drivers, I pulled into the left hand side of the road and waited for this said lady to leave the parking bay. When this lady eventually left the parking bay I then parked my car in it and bought a ticket from the pay and display machine which was located next to the bay I was parked in. I then left my car and went to the shops.

Now 6 weeks later I have received this parking charge notice stating the breach on the above regulations for the time period of 13.22pm - 13.32pm

Had this company not taken 6 weeks to contact me I could have proved I had a parking ticket from the machine, (I have a habit of putting used parking tickets in the door pocket, I have since cleaned my car out, a week ago and no longer have the ticket). I can honestly say that in 21 years of driving I have only ever received a parking ticket from a local authority for not displaying a ticket for where I was parked, due to a cock-up on my part which I totally accepted and paid the fine of £35.00.

Can anyone help me out? How can this company charge £150.00 (or 75.00 if paid within 14 days from the date the ticket was issued)?? The local authorities don`t charge anywhere near this amount so how can this company be allowed to?

I would be extremely grateful for any help or advice on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

did they say "illegally parked" ? If so they are in trouble. We know this company well, they are con artists. read the threads here about various PPCS and read the stickies. Do NOT contact the PPC. all will go away after they send some more of their rubbish paperwork. see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face

Hi lamma,

Thanks very much for your reply.

The PCN states my car was seen in a particular location which was "In Breach of the Regulations as indicated (see overleaf for details) Number 1.2.4"

(Overleaf): Breach of Regulations codes:

2: Failing to display a valid permit/ticket/voucher/road fund licence

4: Causing obstruction and inconvenience to others

These resons are given as the reasons why I have been sent this PCN.

I`ve read some of the threads here and am absolutely disgusted that companies like these are allowed to get away with this kind of behaviour.

How many unsuspecting people actually accept PCNs without question and pay up? It`s horrendous!

Thanks fr the link, I`ll have a look and thnks again for your reply, hopefully it`ll be a case of ignoring this or fighting it, there`s no way I`m just going to roll over and play dead for them.

ignore everything they send. keep it all safe in the drawer. cross your fingers that they are daft enough to issue real court papers and then turn up in court where you would disembowel them. But they won't, its just a mail based [problem]. every time time you get a letter from a PPC smile at their wasted time and costs.

Ok I`ll keep the pcn and letter safely in a drawer. I wasn`t sure whether or not to scan and post the letter on here that they sent me as well but if they can`t do anything legally then I won`t spend the time scanning anything.

Thanks again for your advice lamma, it`s much appreciated. :)

Had this company not taken 6 weeks to contact me I could have proved I had a parking ticket from the machine, (I have a habit of putting used parking tickets in the door pocket, I have since cleaned my car out, a week ago and no longer have the ticket).

I'm Shocked! :eek:

You didn't clean the car out for 5 weeks, you should be shot. :D

The PCN states my car was seen in a particular location which was "In Breach of the Regulations as indicated (see overleaf for details) Number 1.2.4"

(Overleaf): Breach of Regulations codes:

2: Failing to display a road fund licence

4: Causing obstruction and inconvenience to others.

When did PPC's start enforcing the failure to display a road fund licence?????

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Many thanks for replying T_F_T.

I ignored them and they have now passed it on to debt collectors, RCS.

RCS are part of the same company, it states that they are a trading name of AS Securi-T at the bottom of the letter.

Anyway, I could quite happily ignore these clowns and I'm sure they would give up, but, I do not like bullies and there must be enough victims who do pay up to keep these companies going.

So, I want to fight back, and I would ask others to do the same.

For a start I shall write to the BPA informing them of the ways that their member broke their guidelines: Welcome to the British Parking Association

I have seen a post where someone suggests complaining to Trading Standards, can anyone tell me is that relevant, and on what grounds would I complain?

Also, can anyone tell me what the procedure is for complaining to the police, I have sent a couple of template letters from this site, and a 'cease and desist' letter?

regards

Then they should be ticketing all cars.

Road Fund Licence ceased to exist some years ago. Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) is the current road tax and tax disc,

hi. new to this forum. stumbled across it today looking for info on securi-t.

as you can prob tell ive recieved a parking fine. the stated 'offence' was behind a gala bingo in bournemouth. there are a block of flats either side and parking at the rear (which is designated private 'securi-t' enforced etc) my girlfriend lives in one of these flats. she has done since september 2008. the letting agent allows one permit per residence which her flatmate uses. how this is viable i dont know as they are aware there are 3 tennants! i visit one evening during the week and most weekends and have never been cautioned before. i know the risk but my argument is this...... there is always plenty of space in the evenings for residents to park and there are never any complaints. also during the day, mon-fri people who work in the area use the car park. i know because they arrive about half 8 in the morning and leave between half 4 and 6 and dont appear over the weekend. these cars are not 'ticketed' and im sure they wouldnt risk what i recieved, a £150 fine. or £75 if paid within 2 weeks every day.

my question is can i ignore the fine and hope it doesnt materialise into a court appearance?

i find it absurd they can firstly charge that amount for parking there without a permit and secondly that they dont uphold the law as they would clearly make a killing with everyone who regularly parks there. i know my case is pretty thin but i am technically a half resident. any advice would be sincerally appreciated. :)

my question is can i ignore the fine and hope it doesnt materialise into a court appearance?

Most probably. The % of PPC invoices taken to court is minisule

i find it absurd they can firstly charge that amount for parking there without a permit and secondly that they dont uphold the law as they would clearly make a killing with everyone who regularly parks there. i know my case is pretty thin but i am technically a half resident. any advice would be sincerally appreciated. :)

You're quite right about the amount being absurd, however you're totally wrong about them making a killing if they upheld the law during the week. What LAW are you suggesting they uphold, because there is no basis in law to allow them to charge anything?

Personally I would place the INVOICE in a drawer and forget about it until you get more of their rubbish to put with it. Meanwhile I think your girlfriend and flatmates should be pursuing the issue of insufficient permits being issued for the site. If the 3 tennants each have a seperate agreement then I would say it should be categoric that each agreement has a permit allocated. If the 3 of them are party to a single agreement then it is less clear but I certainly would be taking this up with the management.

thanks for the quick response. i didnt mean the actual law, that was my attempt at sarcasm. sorry. i mean their policy on parking in that area. if they patrolled it or it was properly monitored then they would make a profitable killing ticketing all the un-permitted vehicles who use it as a 'staff car park'. so my random fine seems a little unfair or even unprofessional. especially as my girlfriend, and myself to a certain extent actually pays rent on the property.

sorry for the rant, i know you've heard stories on this subject many times before but ive paid fines before manly straight away to avoid the frustration of the situation. mostly because ive been scared of the repercussions, but find myself a little bitter this time.

as for the situation i think it a good idea to try obtaining a further permit. we did ask initially. i may force the idea now in light of todays events.

Many thanks for replying T_F_T.

RCS are part of the same company, it states that they are a trading name of AS Securi-T at the bottom of the letter.

Anyway, I could quite happily ignore these clowns and I'm sure they would give up, but, I do not like bullies and there must be enough victims who do pay up to keep these companies going.

So, I want to fight back, and I would ask others to do the same.

For a start I shall write to the BPA informing them of the ways that their member broke their guidelines: Welcome to the British Parking Association

I have seen a post where someone suggests complaining to Trading Standards, can anyone tell me is that relevant, and on what grounds would I complain?

Also, can anyone tell me what the procedure is for complaining to the police, I have sent a couple of template letters from this site, and a 'cease and desist' letter?

Hi Baptiste,

Glad to see you're fighting these clowns. OK, with regards to complaining to the Police I would nip to your local station and have a chat. A lot of these companies operate outside of the law and that is realy what should form the basis of any complaint. A lot of Police say it's a civil matter, but be sure to mention that you think the way they are operating may be illegal - parking people (mainly clampers) have received lengthy prison sentences for their behaviour.

Personally, I am writting to my local MP, the BPA, Trading Standards and the Police as well as the managing agent who employs them.

Just remember, if you do have a moment of weakness (as we all sometimes do) and feel like paying - don't! Because they rely on contract law, they will need to satisfy a county court that a contract exsited, you breached it and that breach cost them £150.00 - this is why they have no chance of winning. Remember, despite what they may say, PPC's are not backed by the Traffic Management Act 2004 in the same way that the local authority/police are.

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hang on, am I missing something here?! To be a 'Debt Collector' you need to hold a Consumer Credit Licence, issued by the OFT. If these muppets are doing their own debt collection by pretending to be a bonefide debt collection agency, they are potentially committing serious crimes. Has anyone checked them out on the OFT register of licence holders?

I'm Shocked! :eek:

You didn't clean the car out for 5 weeks, you should be shot. :D

lol crem, I take that as a slap on the wrist. :p

regards

Does anything they do actually make sense?

The letter and pcn are firmly in the kitchen drawer, I`ve not heard anything else yet but now I`ve mentioned it you can guarantee I`ll get another letter this week. They can send as many letters as they like, they`ll be waiting avery long time for any payment.

I stand corrected. They do have a consumer credit licence...

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0595025

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberAS Securi-T Ltd05510810

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Inland Recovery

Issued Date: 02-Dec-2006

Expiry Date: 01-Dec-2011

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionRanjeet AthwallOFFICERSukhdev SaguOFFICERValdev AthwallOFFICER

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceSuite 704, 8, Shepherd Market , Mayfair, London, W1J 7JYPrincipal Place Of BusinessSuite 704, 8, Shepard Market , Mayfair, London, W1J 7JYRegistered OfficeSuite 704, 8, Shepherd Market, Mayfair, London, W1J 7JY

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceOffice 70, 151 High Street, Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 2BTPrincipal Place Of BusinessSuite 704, 8, Shepard Market , Mayfair, London, HF Registered OfficeSuite 704, 8 Shepherd Market, Mayfair, London, W1J 7JY

Interesting how the OFT allows 'Inland Recovery' as a trading name. Sounds very similar to 'Inland Revenue' does it not?

Perhaps some of you guys with tickets ought to start reporting them to the OFT for chasing people for debts they don't legally owe!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lamma, thanks for your reply.

To begin with I called Consumor Direct, who just didn't know how to deal with it. Could you give a little more detail on how I should complain to them?

Th DVLA and BPA templates are very useful, many thanks for those, please everyone use them!