AS Securi-T - READ IF YOU HAVE A TICKET FROM THEM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I appreciate any advice given. Thanks

I visited a Shop called Staples (unaware their was a penalty notice for parking) anyway after visiting the shop I went elsewhere and left my car their for a number of hours i came back an had a penalty notice for £70.50.

The ticket was issued at 12:31 so i left my car their for quite a while. my position is I had no idea their were penalty charges in operation. The sign at the roundabout leading o the shop stated "Long Stay Car Park" does that work in my favor? am I still liable to pay.

Any advice?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stav,

No you are not liable to pay, although you will be harrassed by the relevant Private Parking Company then by debt collectors with equally empty threats.

Do not volunteer information, do not engage with them. Do not even dream of becoming involved in their "appeals process". Any communinication should be on the basis of template letters [see link]

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Hi and thanks for your quick response, my secondary problem is I am very worried if I do not pay this the charge they will make the payment even more?

should I send a letter off now and ask for verification of whom the driver was? do they send a letter to confirm any of this to me? should i wait until i recieve this letter?

thanks in advance

a very worried stav1981 :)

Hi and thanks for your quick response, my secondary problem is I am very worried if I do not pay this the charge they will make the payment even more?

should I send a letter off now and ask for verification of whom the driver was? do they send a letter to confirm any of this to me? should i wait until i recieve this letter?

thanks in advance

a very worried stav1981 :)

Stav,

Wait for them to contact you. It costs them £2.50 to get the Registered Keeper details from the DVLA. When they send you the letter send off the first letter in the template.

BTW it's quite normal for them to add charges. You're not going to pay so don't worry. Courts take a very dim view of companies adding charges. The first thing a judge will usually do is strip out any additional charges that have been added.

Bear in mind that very few of these cases (and we are talking about .001%) ever make it to court. If you follow the advice in the guide and the template letters you won't go too far wrong. Even if it does go to court there are plenty of willing volunteers on these boards to assist you in putting up a sound defense.

As BB has said you'll probably receive a few letters and maybe even one from a debt collection agency. Remember they'll make all sorts of empty threats. Stand firm and don't pay - they'll give up and move on eventually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spoken to a friend whom says it is best to contact them and dispute the case initially before they add on any charges. I have written this letter, can u advise if its ok???

Hello,

I am writing in concern with the above Ticket. I initially called your office and explained my situation to a member of your staff. I was promised a callback by the Manager but as of yet have heard nothing. Please could you ask your Manager to contact me asap.

I feel this Ticket is unjust due to inadequate signage being displayed. I am therefore disputing this ticket and will await to recieve your "Notice to Owner" letter before I dispute this officially through adjudication.

Please could you acknowledge receipt of this email

Regards

Stav.

Forget it. Your friend has obviously has very little idea of what he is on about. If you send it, they will instantly know you are worried and start hassling you because they will see you as a soft target that they can extract money from.

There will be no "notice to owner", because they are NOT entitled to send them out. THEY ARE NOT THE LAW and they are not empowered by law. They are a company who are pretending to be legally entitled to your money by sending you invoices which are worded in such a way as to frighten you into paying them what they are not entitled to.

Think of it this way.

If your electricity company told you that you had to pay a £100 fine because you left you television on standby when you had been told to conserve energy, you would refuse to pay it.

This bunch have exactly the same entitlement to your money. Don't get scammed, GET EVEN.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

There will be a "notice to owner" issued. It is agreed that there is no legal basis for AS Securi-T to do this. Nevertheless their business model is based upon aping official Road Traffic Act notices, hence the pretend "PCNs" & "NTOs."

After a while you start to get letters from "Inland Recovery". No - not tax demands, not even a separate Debt Recovery Company but simply our old mates AS Securi-T under a different trading name - hilarious or what!

Normally I'd use Bernie's template letters but with this lot I'd say ignore completely is the best option.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i have recently had a ticket form this company and i have stated to them that i deny their claim and i will not pay them. They have told me that they have a contract with the land owner but they cant give me these details due to data protection and if i dont pay by 16/04 they are going to send me on to a debt recovery company to reclaim the money.

i would just like some advice on my next move on this matter. thanks.

hi, i have recently had a ticket form this company and i have stated to them that i deny their claim and i will not pay them. They have told me that they have a contract with the land owner but they cant give me these details due to data protection and if i dont pay by 16/04 they are going to send me on to a debt recovery company to reclaim the money.

i would just like some advice on my next move on this matter. thanks.

You could just ignore. However I would write to them and point out that bringing in a debt recovery company is pointless as you have disputed the debt and OFT guidelines say they should not refer the debt to a DCA while it is in dispute. Ask them again to substiante their claim against you. Use the template letters in stickies section for what to say.

As to being unable to give details of the contract with the land owner that is BS. The land registry should be able give details as to who owns the land. But regardless of that the fact that they won't tell you just adds further evidence that this is a [problem]. If it comes to court they will have to prove their authority to act for the landowner anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

AS Securi T had a turnover to JUly 2007 of some £380,000. They are being investigated by the VAT man as ther are in serious debt for non-payment of VAT.

So, not only are they trying to [problem] money of us, they are also trying to not pay their way in terms of VAT.

It would also seen, that Ryan Carter, the manager of their 'other' company, Inland Recovery, does not exist, but is a front for several of their 'caller' operatives!!!!!

The Directors of both AS Securi T & Inland Recovery. have had 'Service Addresses' set up so that they cannot be contacted at their home addresses.

So, for those who do want to write to them at their homes, these are their addresses, and in some cases, phone numbers. Why not write and call them and hassle them as they do us.......

Valdev Athwal.......

19 Wilton Gardens

Southampton

SO19 &QS

Ranjeet Singh Athwall (Likes to be called Ronnie)

29, Elgin Rd

Ilford

Essex

IG3 8LL

Sukhdev Sagu

28 Austrey Rd

Tamworth

Staffs

B79 0HW

Tel. 01827892751

Go on ..... Tell them how you feel about their companies.....

Guest Julian Fiddlepot

Why don't you leave them alone. These are just people trying to run their business in peace.

Why don't you leave them alone. These are just people trying to run their business in peace.

Tell your friends from us that they can run their business in peace and we will leave them alone when they leave us alone.

Troll!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Business........!!!!!!

It is just a [problem], that unfortunately is legal.......

I see thay are now telling the VAT man that they have ceased trading, but they have been allowed to pay off their VAT debt on a monthly basis..... to date they've managed 3 out of 5 payments......

..because some inconsiderate sods have failed to pay their fines promptly.

My heart bleeds for them!

BTW again you display your rank ignorance.

Under what authority do they fine people.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• 4 weeks later...

for all who this may concern, i have posted earlier this month trying to avoid paying a parking ticket, this site has helped greatly an thank you for all who posted a reply. I sent a letter to the named company and have heard nothing back about the matter.. this is what was sent and as of yet i have heard nothing back it has now been 2 months i think I am in the clear..

Hello,

I am writing in concern with the above Ticket. I initially called your office and explained my situation to a member of your staff. I was promised a callback by the Manager but as of yet have heard nothing. Please could you ask your Manager to contact me asap.

I feel this Ticket is unjust due to inadequate signage being displayed. I am therefore disputing this ticket and will await to recieve your "Notice to Owner" before I dispute this officially through adjudication.

Please could you acknowledge receipt of this email

I wrote this to them with my reference number an no address on the letter so it looks like they didnt want to pay the £2.50 to chase me down via the dvla either. this company I think just relies on people paying the fines an are basically an empty threat company.

cheers once again. I still have the ticket should i keep it or would u assume it has passed the alloted time frame?

Carl

I have posted on here a few times about being in dispute with this [problem] company.

I have to pass the area where i was charged everyday as it is right next to my flat and realised yesterday that the signs have changed and they no longer patrol the land and it is now patrolled by a company called frontline security.

Does this work in my favour at all??

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

HI,

ive joined this forum purely as i think the content is great and ive also had a run in with the dreaded AS Securi-t and need some advice! Im 19 years old and have very limited knowledge/experience in the world of contract law, so any help will be much appreciated!

I came home from work today to a letter addressed to my step mum (she is the resgistered owner of the car that i drive) saying that my payment of £94 remains unpaid and if payment is not recieved the case will be forwarded to their collection department. Firstly i need to stress that THIS IS THE FIRST I EVER EVER HEARD FROM THEM.

The letter said that i supposedly parked in "a hotel car park in exeter" without a valid ticket. Knowing that she wasnt driving the car on the day my step mum assumed that it was me that was driving and PAID THE FEE OF £174 WITHOUT QUESTION! (I was at work at the time). I am prepared to swear on oath that this is the only contact that my family and I have recieved from AS Securi-t Ltd.

So i here i stand with no idea how to tackle this. If this is the only form of communication i have recieved, is this legitimate? If they insist on posting tickets to people why is there no recorded delivery of us actually recieving this letter?

Finally, is there absolutely anything i can do to apeal against this and get my money back???

HELP PLEASE!!

Regards,

Tom

mancityfan1,

It does seem that AS Securi-T have ceased trading, to be replaced by a phoenix company. The "debt" itself will continue as the liquidators will probably sell on "debts" to a debt collection agency. This is easily dealt with either by ignoring or using the template letters, staing that you dispute the debt and insist that it be referred back to AS Securi-T.

Tom 88

Unfortunately, getting any money back from these chancers is very much a long shot. I honestly think that to attempt to do so would be to spend good money after bad.

You would have to pursue a claim through MCOL [on line Small Claim Procedure].

The first problem is that you [your step mum] paid up without question. This indicates implied agreement with the "contract" contested by As Securi-T.

The second problem, assuming you won the small claims case, is collecting the money. As Securi-T are a moribund company, the assets will have been well stripped by now. If the VAT man is struggling to get his money, you would be well down the list.

It is a bitter pill to swallow but it is probably best to put this down to experience. Please note however that this is just my view, others, with more expertise, may advise differently.

Edited by Barnsley Boy
typo

Tom 88

Unfortunately, getting any money back from these chancers is very much a long shot. I honestly think that to attempt to do so would be to spend good money after bad.

You would have to pursue a claim through MCOL [on line Small Claim Procedure].

The first problem is that you [your step mum] paid up without question. This indicates implied agreement with the "contract" contested by As Securi-T.

The second problem, assuming you won the small claims case, is collecting the money. As Securi-T are a moribund company, the assets will have been well stripped by now. If the VAT man is struggling to get his money, you would be well down the list.

It is a bitter pill to swallow but it is probably best to put this down to experience. Please note however that this is just my view, others, with more expertise, may advise differently.

This is exactly what i thought amd heard from most people i have asked.

Part of me wants to pursue it and fight them until the bitter end just out of principle; the thought of them keep getting away with it makes my blood boil. I really feel for some of the people on here! But then again, the most likely scenario is that I would be fighting a losing battle, so like you said best leave it down to experience.

Thanks very much for your reply, it is much appreciated.

kind regards

Tom

mancityfan1,

It does seem that AS Securi-T have ceased trading, to be replaced by a phoenix company. The "debt" itself will continue as the liquidators will probably sell on "debts" to a debt collection agency. This is easily dealt with either by ignoring or using the template letters, staing that you dispute the debt and insist that it be referred back to AS Securi-T.

ive got to the point now where their such a joke i have just been ignoring their letters. i dont think they have ceased though because i received a letter from them on 03/06 about the 5th in a row asking for pment before they pass it to their debt collectors.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I have a big problem

I am a student at college. In order to be eligible to park on the college car park, students must obtain a permit from college admin with the car reg number on. I did so. However, last October i changed my car. As a result i went to college admin to get a new permit who said that they do not give permits out and that i should write "New Car" and the new reg number on the existing permit, which is what i did.

Early this year however, as a result of students parking on pavements within the college carpark and not having permits, AS Securi T started monitoring and giving out parking fines to those offendors.

On the 27th March, I received a PCN as "Permit does not match reg". My mum spoke to the company as a result who admitted the PCN was a mistake and cancelled the ticket. She asked for confirmation by letter or email, however, AS Securi T assured her that it was cancelled and that they do not send confirmations.

HOWEVER, my grandad has received a letter dated 16th June ( he is the registered owner of the car) saying that he has to pay £94! How unfair is that!?!?!

What should i do? i have not done anything wrong, college are saying they never told me to write the new reg even though they did and admitted their mistake on the day i got the ticket!! My grandad does not want any hassle or a CCJ

Any ideas?

Thanks