• Tweets

• I do disagree with you regarding one thing - we are not very good with letters or these situations and are slow on the uptake. So far you have stood up to Excel and their threats, immediately given us the information in the sticky, done loads of reading up to educate yourselves, learnt from the mistake of outing the driver so you'll know not to do so in the future, got on to the organ grinder to try to get them to call off their dogs, etc., etc.  Good grief - we wish everyone who came here would do this!!! Most people who get these invoices sadly think they have been fined and if they don't pay a drone from Ukraine will be diverted and will fall on their home (or some such vague grand apocalyptic threat) and they fold and give in.  You haven't.  Well done. Don't worry - you won't be paying a penny.  Although it will take some time to see off this vile company.
    • Spot on!  You learn quickly. Who cares if the case gets sent to debt collectors?  They have no powers.  All the effort you will have to put in will be to open envelopes - and then spend time laughing at their daft "threats".  No stress at all!
    • I did ask them why, but seems they have more spare cash than we do .. ;-( .. I doubt their bank would even support a chargeback after a year has passed. Anyway I've constructed my first DRAFT Snotty Letter .. so here goes ..   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you had added. Shall we raise that related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding the ANPR entry / exit periods compared with actual valid parking periods. Especially with no consideration of the legally allowed grace periods and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the issues with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture more useless ANPR photos. We will of course be requesting “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Legal Counsel on behalf of the Vehicle Keeper.  
    • Hi,t I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right subsection but General Retail appears to be the closest to it I think... About a year and a half ago I got a new phone so I listed my iPhone 10 on eBay.  The listed stated 'UK only' and 'no returns accepted'. Considering I had had the phone for about 4 years, I myself was amazed that I had kept it in such good condition all that time - apart from being slightly scuffed around the charging port there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It had the original box, its unopened original Apple cable, plug, and earbuds, and I threw in a case for it and It had always had a screen protector on it. Someone wanted it from Armenia, and I stupidly agreed to it.  She paid and I sent it off, fully insured. Not long after she received it, she sent a message saying it 'was not as described', so I asked to see photos of whatever was the problem.  She sent two photographs of the box.  Just the box.  I said I wasn't even going to consider refunding her unless she told me what she meant by 'not as described'.  I thought, if it's been damaged in transit, then it would be covered by the insurance. Anyway, she didn't respond at all, even though I had messaged her several times, so she opened a case with eBay. I have sold a fair few things of mine on eBay in the past buy had never had had anyone come back to me asking for a refund.  I got in touch with eBay several times by phone and by email, and found out they always side with the buyer, no matter what with their 'eBay Seller Guarantee'.  She had been told she could keep the phone and told me they would recover the money from me from my account blah blah.  So I unlinked all of my cards etc and changed my bank account to one that I never use with no money in it. My account got suspended.  I continued to try to explain to eBay that I had been scammed but I got nowhere. My account was permanently inaccessible by this point. I reported the phone stolen and the IMEI blacklisted but I'm not sure if that would make any difference being in Armenia, but it was all I could think of to piss the buyer off. A couple of months later I was contacted by email by a debt recovery company (I can' remember who now), to whom I explained I will not discuss the matter with them until I had received an SAR I had requested from eBay. As I could no longer access my account, I couldn't review the communication I needed to show I was not in the wrong. The SAR was produced but I was advised that the information I was looking for would not be included but I said I wanted it anyway.  There were so many codes etc. and hoops to jump through to access it, that even after trying whilst on the phone to them, I still couldn't get into it, so I never got to see it in the end.  I think they said they would send the code by post but they never did and I forgot about it after a while. I've just come across a couple of emails from Moorgroup, asking me to phone them to discuss a private matter regarding eBay.  I haven't replied or done anything at all yet.  The amount they are trying to recover from me is £200ish from what I remember. I know it's not that much but I don't want to pay the b*astards on general principle. I've had a lot of useful advice from CAG in the past about debt collectors but it has always been about being chased by creditors, I've never been in this situation before. I don't know what power they legally have to recover the 'debt', and most importantly, I am two years into a DRO, and the last thing I want is another CCJ to shake off if I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face.   Any advice gratefully received!!
    • Hi, I have the Sims 4 on Macbook. Over the last year I have paid for multiple add on packs spending a lot of money on them. I bought them all in good faith as my Mac met all the minimum requirements to play them. I have been playing happily for about a year and bought my latest pack just over a week ago. The games were all working fine yesterday. Then suddenly today EA released a new app to launch the games and this new app requires a MAC OS that my computer cannot use. Now suddenly none of my games are accessible and I am unable to play anything. They did not warn us about this change in requirements and if I had known they would be doing this I wouldn't have bought all these add ons as they are now all totally unusable. The games themselves have not changed, only their app to launch them and I can't afford to buy a brand new mac just to play. So my question is how can they change the minimum requirements after I have paid for a game? I agreed to pay for them based on the fact my mac met their requirements and was not informed when purchasing that this would be an issue in the future. I understand new games (like Sims 5 which is to be released next year) might not be compatible but this is a 10yr old game that they have suddenly made inaccessible due to their new launch app. Does anybody know if I can do anything or anyway to get a partial refund from them? Thanks   Here are their T&C... I can't find anything in there about them being able to do this so not sure what to do https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Signage is not noticeable in the car park, which I have used often . I simply put money in the machine, stick the ticket in my windscreen and leave. I will take photos next week and post them up.

They have written to me 4 or 5 times and I have replied asking for evidence etc. Their last correspondence in April stated they would issue a court summons if I didn't pay up. I replied with the relevent template including the cease and desist bit and the next thing is the court papers this week.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I'm currently trying to defend a parking ticket I recieved for a permit I displayed with an incorrect date. The company in question is, Vehicle Control Services Limited. They provided a parking charge notice, not a penalty charge notice.

I read your advice and waited for the letter to arrive. To which I replied using the original templates, stating, in one letter that I chose to take up the role of communication rather than my farther, and in the second letter,

"You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime he absolutely denies your claim that the amount claimed or any amount at all is due to you from him.
"

I have since which recieved another letter,

"We note your use of the template letters found on certain consumer advise forums....."

A decision was recently set in the case of Combined Parking Solutions v. Mr stephen J Thomas....

We maintain that as a registered keeper of vehile XXX, it falls within your farthers responsibility to be aware.... we shall continue to persue him...

... you and the registered keeper are called on to act in a manner which facilitates the successful resolution of a dispute or claim.

... We are obliged to inform you the failure to comply may result in issue of court proceedings...."

I intend to fight this all the way. I just worry that they have a photo with the incorrectly displayed permit in my window. Would a photo of this nature imply knowledge of the rules and therefore my entrance into a contract?

I intend to reply and would like some advice as to how to pose the return letter.

You appear to claim that my farther entered into a binding contract with you. Please provide evidence that your purported contractual terms were communicated to my farther in a way that he read, understood and accepted them prior to leaving his vehicle.

Even if my farther did - which he denies - it is his claim that the charge you allege he must pay you is unenforceable at law being an unlawful penalty charge.

I also wish to draw your attention to legislation which states,

1.Penalty clauses which allow the trader to claim more than their actual losses when a consumer breaches the contract.

Your claim represents a claim for damages for breach of your purported contract Your penalty charge of £80 bears no correlation to the damages you have allegedly incurred.

I note that you have increased the amount of the alleged debt. Given that you have failed to substantiate and support your claim that my farther is indebted to you; this is unreasonable, inappropriate and, quite probably, unlawful. In addition to my farther previous denials he absolutely denies any liability to you for this additional sum.

I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

Stop engaging with them in any same or form!

There is no appeal, and they are never going to withdraw their charge. Writing to them only makes matters worse, not better.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, am looking for some much needed advice!

I have just received a parking charge from Premier Parking Solutions for £70 rising to £100 for not displaying a ticket, which was the case, however I parked up at 9PM only intending on leaving the car for 20minutes or so (presuming I wouldn't need a ticket as it was a monday night). I ended up though, collecting my car the next morning, to which I found the ticket on my windscreen, issued at 8AM. I feel this is an extortionate amount of money as it was an honest mistake, and being a student there's no way I can afford it.

Having looked through this and other sites, a lot of people are saying to just ignore, ignore, ignore, with the 'money-saving expert' advising the contrary; to write the company a letter. I feel I have a case, however having read other's posts it seems the companies do not have a sensitive side!

Any advice will be much welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Writing a letter to them is a complete waste of time as has been proved time and time again. It doesn't matter if you have evidence that you were abducted by aliens overnight leading to the late return to your car on that occasion. You will simply get a template latter back saying "after careful consideration, your appeal has not been accepted".

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any of their mail

Do not pay them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, hopefully i can get some advice on an Excel parking fine. I was parked on the white lines of a private parking bay (Berkley precinct Sheffield) nececitated by the skewed parking of the vehicle next to me. I have appealed the ticket (therefore breaking the first rule of advice to not contact them at all), and provided a picture showing the front half of my vehicle to be within the lines, however they have rejected (no surprise) the 'appeal' in writing with a picture of the back of the vehicle with the wheels on the line.

Can you advise best next action for me? should i ignore all further correspondence?..or as i have already made the first contact, should i start with the standard letter templates. as provided in this thread.

I also see that Excel lost the ruling in Mansfield, should i respond with that as a reference?

Any advice on next move would be gratefully received.

with thanks.

which brings a smile to an otherwise very dull afternoon for me. message received and understood, no longer will i try and fight every battle head on, i'll take your advice and ignore from now on.

I posted this plea for help on another thread also before checking back on this one, so your very quick response and positive answer is received with many thanks.

• 3 months later...

hi - just having cold feet here - can someone soothe my fevered brow?

i got a parking charge notice on Easter Sunday - £60 - from Excel parking services - i could have parked on double yello lines anywhere in town and been ok but not on this carpark

no clear notices pointing out we needed to pay on a bank hol etc

i took advise offered earlier on here and ignored it

got a final demand for £100 in May - ignored it

got a debt collection notice - £140.24 - in Sept - ignored it

I now have a solictors letter threatening everying except disembowelment unless i pay up within 7 days - i THINK i should ignore this too but am feeling nervous - anyone any advice to strengthen my spine!

thanks

Elaine

hi - just having cold feet here - can someone soothe my fevered brow?

i got a parking charge notice on Easter Sunday - £60 - from Excel parking services - i could have parked on double yello lines anywhere in town and been ok but not on this carpark

no clear notices pointing out we needed to pay on a bank hol etc

i took advise offered earlier on here and ignored it

got a final demand for £100 in May - ignored it

got a debt collection notice - £140.24 - in Sept - ignored it

I now have a solictors letter threatening everying except disembowelment unless i pay up within 7 days - i THINK i should ignore this too but am feeling nervous - anyone any advice to strengthen my spine!

thanks

Elaine

Your perfectly on track for reaching the end of their [problem]. You've had your couple of letters from Excel, then a couple off their pet debt collector (who is probably just the same guy using different letterhead in the printer, Roxburghe perhaps?) then you have to have 2 from their "solicitor" (Graham White?) then you are finished.

Well done for completely the game to level 10, you now win .... ermm the satisfaction for knowing you won't be scammed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice on this forum. As an elderly and disabled person in straitened circumstances, I was heartbroken to find a ticket on my car door demanding money that I don't have for parking in a car park in my own country. Ignoring everything has been successful. Please pass the word around because no-one should be held up by these highwaymen. I have been fortunate in obtaining legal advice which confirms that these Private Parking tickets are unenforceable in law; don't confuse them with council parking tickets, however- they ARE enforceable, but then, the markings are far more clear.

Thank you for the advice on this forum. As an elderly and disabled person in straitened circumstances, I was heartbroken to find a ticket on my car door demanding money that I don't have for parking in a car park in my own country. Ignoring everything has been successful. Please pass the word around because no-one should be held up by these highwaymen..

So what we have been saying for years does work then.

Newbies take note.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

EDIT: I think maybe I posted this on the wrong thread; I've posted it on the other one called "Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters" now!

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me!

Today I parked in my normal car park. A pay and display in Birmingham city centre, privately owned land. When I arrived, the car park was virtually full except for 1 and a half spaces near the end of a row. One car had just arrived and taken up almost 2 spaces, leaving the 1.5 spaces. I duly parked next to the other car, but because of where he was parked, did straddle a white line. I paid my £1 for 2 hours and off I went.

Got a yellow envelope thing on my window, on the front it says "PARKING NOTICED ENCLOSED", then warns about it being an offence to remove etc... Opened up and it's a "FIXED PENALTY NOTICE" from "MIDWAY PARK PROFESSIONAL PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY" (their capitals not mine by the way!). It also says that I am (in caps again) "required to pay a penalty of £100.00 within 14 days".

I've had a look around and the advice is to ignore to start with. Can someone advise me on this please? I'm nervous!! The problem I've got is that technically I suppose I was between 2 spaces...

Am I right in thinking they can't call it a FIXED PENALTY NOTICE? Also, £100?!???!??!?!? :eek: Can I claim that is totally unreasonable considering at most I would have cost them 2 spaces by 2 hours??

Thanks for your help!

Nervously,

Tachi

Edited by Tachikoma36
Mistake in original

Got a yellow envelope thing on my window, on the front it says "PARKING NOTICED ENCLOSED", then warns about it being an offence to remove etc...

What 'offence' would that be?:lol::lol::lol:

Opened up and it's a "FIXED PENALTY NOTICE"

:lol::lol::lol:

from "MIDWAY PARK PROFESSIONAL PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY" (their capitals not mine by the way!). It also says that I am (in caps again) "required to pay a penalty of £100.00 within 14 days".

:lol::lol::lol:

I've had a look around and the advice is to ignore to start with. Can someone advise me on this please? I'm nervous!! The problem I've got is that technically I suppose I was between 2 spaces...

and............

Am I right in thinking they can't call it a FIXED PENALTY NOTICE?

Correct

Also, £100?!???!??!?!? :eek:

Totally unenforceable. Their actual loss if any, is one other bay, one pound.

Can I claim that is totally unreasonable considering at most I would have cost them 2 spaces by 2 hours??

You can claim whatever you like, but don't waste your time or a stamp.

Thanks for your help!

Nervously,

Don't be nervous.

Tachi

regards

Cheers dude. Just hassle I (and indeed everyone!) could do without at any time...

Do these PPCs really have no/little legal standing then? Would it be possible to say that them attempting to make their notice look like an official, legal, LA issued document was breaching legal-whatsits as well?

Thanks for your help!! Much MUCH appreciated...

Tachi

Today I parked in my normal car park. A pay

You already have have the advice by the sound of it ;)

Follow the three golden rules:

1. Ignore

2. Ignore

3. Goto 1

Am I right in thinking they can't call it a FIXED PENALTY NOTICE?

Yes.

Also, £100?!???!??!?!? :eek: Can I claim that is totally unreasonable considering at most I would have cost them 2 spaces by 2 hours??

Unless their actual loss (based on parking charges) was actually £100.00 by you taking up space that could be used by another vehicle.

On the basis you said it cost you £1.00 for 2 hours and you did, by parking where you did stop somebody else making use of that space you caused them a loss of £1.00 (from that somebody else) then that is the most they can claim.

Nervously,

No need - your situation is no different to all the other PPC's threads you will read. Might be a different car park in a different town on a different day and even a different PPC but they are all the same sweet with a different wrapper.

Don't bother wasting your time thinking about writing any letters just wait for the usual correspondence addressed to the Registered Keeper to arrive. Might have some scary red letters and wording that will suggest all manner of things will happen to you and your family. It won't.

Blagton

Cheers dude. Just hassle I (and indeed everyone!) could do without at any time...

Only hassle if you let it be hassle. Grasp how they operate and it becomes quite lauagable (sadly) that we have a Government that lets it happen.

Do these PPCs really have no/little legal standing then? Would it be possible to say that them attempting to make their notice look like an official, legal, LA issued document was breaching legal-whatsits as well?

Chances are their paperwork fails to meet statutory requirements anyway.Are they a Ltd Comapny ? If so does it show their Registered Address.

Are they VAT registered ? If so does it show their VAT Number

Their claims for Parking Charges of, for example £100 certainly have no legal standing - any suggestion that the Registered Keeper is liable (when they were not) is, shall we say B******s. There business plan is to scare the unwary into paying - obtaining money by deception and fraud you would think yes something would be done but no very little seems to be done about it and with the DVLA reaping in a few Bob they have no interest in seeing it stopped.

Blagton

I think we all know about nervous. Don't be tempted to give in to it. The only real reason for even keeping their letters is to make sure you collect a full set. When you are tempted to give in, log back in on here and just read the advice again. I have had it confirmed by a solicitor (just in passing).

This site is probably the best thing to happen to me this year.

Thanks for your help!! Much MUCH appreciated...

Tachi

Our strength is within the forum. Once you know how the [problem] works it becomes very laughable, their begging letters are just that.

Ignore these clowns and get on with your life, there are real things to worry about.

regards

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

There's some terrific information on this site and I will be using it in my follow up correspondance with the clamping firm following their rejection of my appeal.

I could do with some advice on the following though.

On New Years Day I got clamped in my own residential parking space (secure car park) as my parking permit wasn't clearly displayed (it had fallen off into the footwell and wasn't visible).

I paid the £150 fine to be released as I needed the car that day.

I have written an appeal to the clamping company providing evidence that I am the owner occupier of the space and that I have both of the permits in my possession. This was rebuked but after reading through this forum I now realise that as the clamping firm were employed after I bought the flat that there should be no contract valid and will explore this avenue.

However, after doing some digging I found an info sheet from the CAB that provided a link to the SIA licence website where you can search to see if the clamper has a valid licence.

This is the interesting bit. On the receipt for the release fee I paid, the SIA Licence number stated does not match with the Operatives name and signature which released my car. So something sounds fishy here and figured this is probably a good avenue to persue. The licence number is valid though.

My question is...is the SIA licence number on my receipt, the licence number of the initial clamper or the releaser? The releaser was different to the clamper. Does it matter that these don't match?

Also, by collecting my permit and displaying it have a accepted a change in my leasehold contract that allows them to clamp my car?

Many thanks

Edited by dooosuk

Hello

Thanks to all for top advice - I will be using it.

Just an addition - all of these civil enforcement groups work for someone - so I've taken it upon myself to keep that 'cleint' in the loop.

Can you imagine the impact on a particular shop (in my case Lidl) when I advise them I won't be shoping there again because of their subcontractors actions? The other effect of this will be to ensure that if I send 5 letters and recieve 5 letters - Lidl are getting c.c. on them as well. See how far customer service is willing to go when it comes to the next round of tenders for whomever delivers parking control for their company.

Just to qualify this a bit further - Tescos suggest that the average household spend £4,000 or £5,000 a year at their shop. So the ticket company might make £90 off me (or they might not) but the ticket companies employer (Lidl) is going to loose £4,000 of my business for ever.

Again thanks to all.

Hi everyone have read a few threads on here and it is a great site , i found it a little to late to cut along story short we parked in a disabled space at our local shopping centre i displayed my blue badge but on returning to the car we had been issued a PCN, my badge had fallen in to the footwell of the car ,i appealed !!! and have just recieved a letter saying it was UNSUCCESSFUL as my badge had not been displayed in the appropriate manner ,prompt payment is advised to avoid further action. I am not going to pay the £50 !!! but would like some advice should i respond to the letter or just ignore it thank you for your help .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks