Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would welcome any advice. Many, many thanks.

You dont need any advice you are a seasoned veteran now, do exactly the same as last time, the result is the same.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hiya,

I know the advice is generally to ignore ignore ignore PCN's now but I used the template letters and there has been correspondence going back and forth, through to the debt collector stage now. I sent a cease and desist letter to UKPC and got a snotty letter back about using a "cut and paste" letter and how the matter was now with their debt collectors. The debt collectors had the account put on hold as I'd told them the matter was in dispute. Should I carry on corresponding with them or should I just ignore them from now on?

Thanks, Pand

Edited by icklepand
Fixing my dodgy spelling

You have done too much already. From now on ignore and don't correspond with them again. You are taking this too seriously they are just a bunch of powerless clowns who try and con money out of people.

I wonder if you could help me!?

I received a letter that was addressed to my parents house as my car is still registered there in Yorkshire, i'm currently living in Kent. My parents called me yesterday as I had some post so she opened it and inclosed was a letter from ParkForce!! The letter Reads:

'The above vehicle was parked in contravention of the terms and conditions displayed on the warning signs erected on private land. AA parking charge was issued and attached to the vehicleon the above date. Accorfing to our records this parking charge remains outstanding. The driver at the time of the event has failed to make payment. The charge clearly states pay,ent must be made within 14 days from the date issued.

The origional charge amount has now expired! Therefore £85 must be paid within 14 days to prevent futher action being taken agains you.'

I recieved this letter and was completly shocked!! I have not recieved a parking ticket on my car!! I think I would've noticed!!

The place I was parked was in my friends apartment complex, where there are no visiters parking spaces, only the main road outsided after 6.30pm. I display a note when I visit stating that i'm visiting and to Buzz the apartment if there are any problems. I also sometimes if her flat mate is away (which she normally is) and use their 2nd permit which may have been on the car at the time, but i'm unsure of this!

Can someone please help me as I had no ticket on my car!! :(

Hi I'm new to this forum, so apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but............

My daughter's b/friend got a private parking ticket for being 15 minutes late (£70 if paid within 7 days increasing to £120). He did appeal, as the friend they were with was taken ill (pregnant and suffering a bit of heat exhaustion). They replied that they would not accept this. He has received another letter requesting the payment and now another letter from a debt collection agency saying that they have been in touch with the DVLA to ascertain that he is the owner of the vehicle, and also threating court action. From what I have read the advice would be to ignore these threats and let them take it to court as the judge would probably not pass judgment. I have also read that any charge should not be dispropropriate to the loss (it cost £1.00 per hour, so they have only lost 25p, plus a little extra for the loss of the space). I did however speak to a solicitor that I knew and he suggested that it should be paid as, although this cost is high the breach of contract law could also work in favour of the private parking company.

Without going on any further (!) what would anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

Hi I'm new to this forum, so apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but............

My daughter's b/friend got a private parking ticket(begging letter) for being 15 minutes late (£70 if paid within 7 days increasing to £120).

He did appeal, as the friend they were with was taken ill (pregnant and suffering a bit of heat exhaustion). They replied that they would not accept this.

No one on this forum will be surprised to hear that.

He has received another letter requesting the payment and now another letter from a debt collection agency(people with absolutely no powers whatsover) saying that they have been in touch with the DVLA to ascertain that he is the owner of the vehicle,

Well they are lying then because the DVLA do not hold records of the owner only the registered keeper.

and also threating court action.

Don't they all?

From what I have read the advice would be to ignore these threats and let them take it to court as the judge would probably not pass judgment. I have also read that any charge should not be dispropropriate to the loss (it cost £1.00 per hour, so they have only lost 25p, plus a little extra for the loss of the space).

You are correct.

I did however speak to a solicitor that I knew and he suggested that it should be paid as, although this cost is high the breach of contract law could also work in favour of the private parking company.

Please name your solicitor so we all know who to avoid in the event of needing legal advice.

Ignore the PPC and your solicitor.

Thanks in advance

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I understand the advice posted here is well meant but its no good being just angry at these companies and presuming that they'll go away. At the end of the day some of these cases do seem to progress to court, as would seem to be the case with mine.I followed the advice on here a few months ago and have ignored all the correspondance I have received from SIP. I am now on my second charge notice and expecting this to escalate to court. There has been a previous post on here from someone reporting the same with this company.

I finally decided to reply to the threats today, I just dont think it looks good if this does get to court and i have done nothing, I may have a better case if it looks like I have tried to do something.

I also eventualy received advice, which I had waited for for ages, from the citizens advice bureau. They just cited what I already knew back to me and stated that any landowner can legally contract a PPC to enforce tickets based on either a breach of contract or trespass charge. They basically justified the PPC had a basis to charge this fee and advised that I check that the PPC were a memebr of the BPA. If they are they should offer a formal period during which actions are suspended while the allegation is contested.

I have used some templates from this forum in my letter, requesting information from the PPC to legitimise their company and I have requested photographic evidence of the alleged offence as it is the driver that is at question not necessarily me as the registered keeper.

I'm not stupid and I know that companies play on making you feel insecure so maybe I have fallen into their trap. But with the letters I have received so far it seems unlikely that they were going to let this drop anyway.

I would feel quite happy reading my letter out in court and contesting this if it has to go that far. I wouldnt feel happy standing up in court having done nothing.

I'll just have to see what happens...

I did however speak to a solicitor that I knew and he suggested that it should be paid as, although this cost is high the breach of contract law could also work in favour of the private parking company.

I would advise, find another solicitor. :)

I understand the advice posted here is well meant but its no good being just angry at these companies and presuming that they'll go away. At the end of the day some of these cases do seem to progress to court, as would seem to be the case with mine.I followed the advice on here a few months ago and have ignored all the correspondance I have received from SIP. I am now on my second charge notice and expecting this to escalate to court. There has been a previous post on here from someone reporting the same with this company.

I finally decided to reply to the threats today, I just dont think it looks good if this does get to court and i have done nothing, I may have a better case if it looks like I have tried to do something.

I also eventualy received advice, which I had waited for for ages, from the citizens advice bureau. They just cited what I already knew back to me and stated that any landowner can legally contract a PPC to enforce tickets based on either a breach of contract or trespass charge. They basically justified the PPC had a basis to charge this fee and advised that I check that the PPC were a memebr of the BPA. If they are they should offer a formal period during which actions are suspended while the allegation is contested.

I have used some templates from this forum in my letter, requesting information from the PPC to legitimise their company and I have requested photographic evidence of the alleged offence as it is the driver that is at question not necessarily me as the registered keeper.

I'm not stupid and I know that companies play on making you feel insecure so maybe I have fallen into their trap. But with the letters I have received so far it seems unlikely that they were going to let this drop anyway.

I would feel quite happy reading my letter out in court and contesting this if it has to go that far. I wouldnt feel happy standing up in court having done nothing.

I'll just have to see what happens...

Watch this and then decide.

purplehavana

first watch the clip above

they are not going to court , they have had some success so far is conning you into thinking they are serious, dont worry thats the intention of the letter , because you appealed they think they have you hooked and dont know the law

if they were going to court or thought they had a case they would not keep sending letters , they would have gone straight to court after your reply, and their famous APPEAL REFUSED, when you did not pay them, common sense really , if you have a think about it

the letters they send are to scare you , how else would they make money, Court not really so many have lost so many times and it gets public exposure , google Excel Parking

Its a Mail [problem] , ignore it , and have a laugh @ the video

Thanks. I agree it is all designed to scare and the YouTube clip is helpful, thanks. But I have made it clear in my letter that I will not be paying anything and that I know it is for them to prove the driver.

I'm not convinced that in writing this letter I will make anything any worse. They have now sent three notices in succession and didn't seem to be giving up.

Thanks. I agree it is all designed to scare and the YouTube clip is helpful, thanks. But I have made it clear in my letter that I will not be paying anything and that I know it is for them to prove the driver.

I'm not convinced that in writing this letter I will make anything any worse. They have now sent three notices in succession and didn't seem to be giving up.

The reason they don't seem to be giving up is that you keep writing to them. Stop writing to them and stop taking them seriously. They're not worth the effort or the cost of stamps.

the YouTube clip is helpful

HELPFUL - it puts and end to it. That is a lawyer saying that on national television. Stop writing to them, there is NO appeal so your just wasting money on stamps and stationary.

Send them 25p if you are so worried and state that in a breach of contract, they are only entitled to mitigate their losses, so stuff this where the sun don't shine.

so, after 'appealing' on grounds of the friend being unwell, can he now go back and ask the PPC to provide evidence that he was the driver?

No, stop writing to them. How many times has this piece of advice been given on this forum?

so, after 'appealing' on grounds of the friend being unwell, can he now go back and ask the PPC to provide evidence that he was the driver?

Either you're not reading the replies or your taking the p***.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks