Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting posts right through here guys.

I have'nt read all so excuse me if this is duplicated.

Just a point on the issue of vehicles not registered to you ie hired, loaned etc.

I've just received a PCN via Citroen Contract Motoring sent by Total Parking Solutions.

Apart from being unenforceable in law as has been stated and I agree, I actually took my own photographic evidence at the time just in case I received a PCN.

My point here is not the PCN which we know is dross, but the hire company. It is really important here that you get the hire company to direct all PCN matter to you as hirer ie (the third party) and that the Private parking company agree to correspond with you direct.

Usually its a contractural comittment on you as the hirer and effectively for the purposes of contract, to agree to pay all fines incurred.

From my perspective as an employer this I have no problem with, even though I might not be driving that vehicle.

The problem arises if the Private Parking company will not correspond with you as hirer but rather only with the Hire company. In these circumstances, if pushed, they simply pay the fine and pass it on to you usually with a handling charge.

Once paid, you have no appeal against the PPC as more than likely the hire company did't pay without predudice and reserve rights.

You are then left arguing with the hire company who refer you to the contract terms and the PPC gets its money and isn't bothered.

I recently had such as discussion with Citroen, who I have say were great. They appreciated my point, telephoned the PPC and asked them to deal direct with me to which they agreed.

This was after I had already sent the PPC an authorising letter from Citroen, a nice polite letter from ourselves, photos showing our vehicle on private property over which, belive me they no duristiction, and a job sheet with witness and time stamp.

The moral here.... get PPC to deal with you as the hirer, as hire companies won't stand up to these parasites, they just capitulate, pay up, and charge you for the privilege of not being the registered keeper.

Any comments welcome.

Hi folks! First of all thanks for this great forum. I received a PCN from Excel Parking a month or so ago and while looking for their website (I was going to email them and dispute the fine) I came across this place.

Following advice here I simply ignored the ticket, and have now just received my first threat from them. It's obviously the same crap that many people here have received; apparently I have waived the right to be extorted out of £60 and now owe them £100. If I don't pay them within seven days they may add to this a further £30 and £50 in court and solicitor's fees respectively. It also may result in court proceedings and may lead to a warrant being issued to the bailiffs (they certainly sound sure of their ground, eh!).

Don't worry, I have no intention of paying, I'm really just after a show of hands as opinion here seems to be split; is it better to fire off the standard denial letter and humour them for a couple more replies if necessary before sending a cease and desist, or should I simply ignore them altogether? I gather either option will ultimately have the same result; they'll send me threats until they run out of template letters and hopefully stop, and I won't pay them a penny. I am leaning towards ignoring them for my own convenience, but my only consideration is that in the very unlikely event that it does go to court (according to Martin Lewis, this has actually happened to a total of two people so far), would it not appear better to be seen to have refuted their claims rather than just ignoring them?

Cheers!

Result! And this may help other people get their charges overturned.

One of the things I did after receiving the PCN was to contact the retail park for whom Parking Eye were operating the car park. I explained to them in the letter that there were mitigating circumstances (2 young kids and one elderly dad in tow with my wife) for overunning the "allowed" 3 hours max.

Last week someone from the retail park phoned my wife to say there was nothing they could do, but today totally out of the blue I got a call from someone else from the retail park to tell me the charge would be cancelled if I can give them the ref and car reg no. Apparently even though they fobbed my wife off each case gets passed onto another section of the retail park and is dealt with on its merits. Nice to know someone has the public's best interests in mind.

In the meantime I have sent Parking Eye the letter in my previous post and only this morning took photos of their crap and totally inadequate signage. Maybe a waste of time after all but I was preparing to stick it out for the long haul.

Hope this is not seen as cheating but may save someone else the hassle of waiting for the whole thing to expire if you try a similar route to this.

Good luck everyone.

Hi folks

New to this site so forgive me if I get anything wrong.

Recently received £60 fine from EXCEL for parking without a pay and display ticket, it said on the signage first hour free but what I didn't see in brackets was with a valid parking ticket, well with in 12minutes there was a fine stuck to the car :-x I was less than impressed, when I got home I was looking for Excel web site and came across this one and have followed the info not to admit to being the driver and fired off the first two template letters (you know the one's, you got my address from DVLA and I welcome the chance to going to court and confidant of winning) I'm now doing the wall of silence, although it is a bit like having a pen pal! because they keep writing to me even though I have stopped writing to them, the last letter demanding £100, and if I did not pay that there could be court costs of £80 - that nearly got me reaching for my cheque book. Then I remembered this really important job that I needed to do, clearing up dog poo in the back garden and I forgot all about it.:D Never mind I am sure they will send me another letter, I just hope that another really important job doesn't come up like cleaning the toilet bowl or something. Like to thank all that contribute to this site for your strengh and support with helping others to fight these crooks and will keep you posted with any updates.:)

Guest lovely786

Hi,

Really i have no ideaabout this topic. Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters information is useful to all. So what I would do is to try and employ the technique above by getting the owners of the car to write and obviously amended version of the letter above. They might be reluctant to do so in which case I would trya and persuade the owners either to write and give my name only (as driver) and failing that my name and address. Please give me more information about this topic.

=======================================

lovely786

**EDITED**

Edited by car2403
No commercial links!

That is completely the wrong thing to do and plays right into the PPCs hands and saves them £2.50. the information is already here in plentiful supply - ignore the PPC its a mail [problem]. (Two recent new posters who both post about writing first to the PPC. My nose is twitching)

Result! And this may help other people get their charges overturned.

One of the things I did after receiving the PCN was to contact the retail park for whom Parking Eye were operating the car park. I explained to them in the letter that there were mitigating circumstances (2 young kids and one elderly dad in tow with my wife) for overunning the "allowed" 3 hours max.

Last week someone from the retail park phoned my wife to say there was nothing they could do, but today totally out of the blue I got a call from someone else from the retail park to tell me the charge would be cancelled if I can give them the ref and car reg no. Apparently even though they fobbed my wife off each case gets passed onto another section of the retail park and is dealt with on its merits. Nice to know someone has the public's best interests in mind.

In the meantime I have sent Parking Eye the letter in my previous post and only this morning took photos of their crap and totally inadequate signage. Maybe a waste of time after all but I was preparing to stick it out for the long haul.

Hope this is not seen as cheating but may save someone else the hassle of waiting for the whole thing to expire if you try a similar route to this.

Good luck everyone.

Yes but by doing so you provide details of the driver why risk it for clemency that may not be forthcoming, when in all fairness as you state the run around the company gave you between departments none of which said they could help. The retail park may have some discretion but ultimately they hived off the enforcement to a separate company for a fee and have no interest in getting involved which is why they hived it off in the first place to make a profit!

ps 4 months of ignoring the PCN and nothing no letters zip. Don't lose heart or worry.

That is completely the wrong thing to do and plays right into the PPCs hands and saves them £2.50. the information is already here in plentiful supply - ignore the PPC its a mail [problem]. (Two recent new posters who both post about writing first to the PPC. My nose is twitching)

Hi Lamma

I can see you have had alot of postings on this site and I am just curious what your bad experience with ppc's was and how you delt with it, I have been all through this site to see if you have had a problem but maybe I missed something, I would vaule your opinion.

Lamma, it appears you have a stalker. Wasn't it nice to Malley to go all through the site attempting to find your problem with PPCs? Of course it would never occur to our totally normal friend that you like helping people who are subject to what is little more than an organised [problem]. I too have a stalker and am very pleased to have been mentioned recently in fictitious emails sent from a very predictable PPC boss airhead to himself (the chump thought people would be fooled by his latest lamentable effort). Having an online stalker is the new black.

hmm, seems a new tactic. as you can see I fell for it straight away :) maybe this site is hurting their revenue by making people aware of the holes in the PPC [problem] ? holes they can never fill !

The PPCs try many tactics, most of them equally nonsensical. They don't have the wit to try anything really clever. When most of the efforts are conducted by an ignorant, addled, know nothing, demented character driven by some weird vendetta that is understandable. Yes this site and others are hurting their businesses as more and more become aware of the [problem] but it is funny to see the puny and pathetic response from these chancers.

I apologize if you were offended, no offence ment

Its was just that when you read through the differrent threads there are differrent views on how you should go about dealing with these ppc's and I just felt more comfortable with sending the first couple of letters and then doing the wall of silence. I know there is proberly a 0.000001% chance of it going to court but if it did, at least I could say that in my last letter to them I said that I welcomed the chance of disputing there charge, and that I didn't need to write to them again, hense the wall of silence. These letters can be very distressing for some people when they turn up on your door step, and make people feel like they are already in trouble and that they dont wont to make matters worse by doing the wrong thing.

Does that make sense? But I will be sticking with the wall of silence.

How do apply to have my own stalker?

Is there a minimum length of time I need to have been on CAG?

or do I need a higher post count?

Please tell, I feel so left out now by lamma and GCR :(

I was in a UKPC car park this evening. not a flicker :( maybe a number plate of L4 MMA puts them off. I would have thought they would queue up for that ! Being bonded with the treasury as opposed to insured may give PPCs a little bother. I demand my stalkers act !

Lamma you are a dreadful tease. But hiding in plain sight is definitely best IMHO. There is nothing so good for a laugh as a good old BPA meeting.Crem, getting a stalker is easy if you play the right game. First, make a few choice comments about Perky. Things like you are a stupid plonker, when he pretends to be Stephen Thomas, or you are a hypocritical moron, when he begs for help on Pepipoo. Or a snivelling coward when he dodges the Pepipoo Challenge at every turn. Or a demented idiot when he publishes made up email messages to himself. Within a short time Perky's massive Ego becomes inflamed and he starts plotting revenge. Around this point stalkers start to appear, mentioning you by your ID and swearing retribution. Of course the threats are all bull**** because Perky would be hard pressed to run a bath. He is far too dumb to be a real threat which is why the Eagles will have him as their ultimate figure of fun for some time yet.Of course I'm not recommending gratuitous insults for the sake of it, merely responding to the lunatic behaviour of this misguided character who inhabits a peculiar world called Planet Perky. That should earn you your stalkee wings in no time.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks