If you were Prime Minister.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys.... I used to have 3 daughters. Now i have 2.

I dont care what, who, when, maybe, should be, if, what,whoever, whatever, what day, week, month, year.

I respect everyones opininion, i just dont think this subject should be discussed in ANY form, in any way, unless the op needs some help.

I can understand your sensitivity to the subject but I disagree with the assertion that it should only be discussed by or with someone who has been directly affected with it. I do agree that some of the discussion in this thread has been dealt with flippantly, including some of the posts by myself.

If the topics are only dealt with by people involved then you will get a very uneven and even possibly irrational outcome when it comes to deciding what to do about it. Discussions in threads like this and on forums like this keep topics on the public agenda and thus filters through, by consultation and election, to the people who are in power and have the ability to change things. An internet forum is just a technological step away from people talking in cafe's, bars, pubs, doctors waiting rooms, bus stops etc.

I was criticised a long time ago now for the discussion about the press reporting of dreadful Murders in Ipswich by someone who stated that it wasn't the time to be discussing it. My response to that was that it was the correct time to discuss it as people had the interest in the subject to be able to challenge the negative reporting at the time.

I stand by what I have put, albeit insensitively, and wish this thread and others like them to continue.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blueskies, Thank you.

Lesser place without you.

Very nice gesture but Im fine.

I just dont know if i can now, or ever talk about such a subject.

As fine a site as it is, and i love it, im 6256 miles away, its 0345, and i still care about you all.

To me, some things are just best left un said.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Can we go back to the Prime Minister topic now please?

Yes indeed...

I would give the banks the power to charge whatever they liked, without question.

You would then exercise your power of choice.

I would also, as my last word.

Give the families of victims the chance to face, and maybe, discuss with, or kill, the **** that ruined their life.....

Night all. 05.36.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

...I would reduce the fuel tax immediatly.

107.9 for a litre of petrol this morning. 107.9!!!

No wonder my girlfriend can't afford to work - what is going on????

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

6 Cars, Dover docks. Country would be at a standstill within about 6 hours.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

I used to go every weekend, but am now so skint I don't think I can afford the fuel to Dover (about 25 miles).

------------

------------

Yep, agreed.

All quite happy to take the inflated pay packet for the 'responsibility', but when it actually comes to accepting some of that responsibility (for which they are PAID!!!) then forget it.

------------

------------

Deport any immigrants that commit crime in Great Briton. We have enough theives, murderers and rapists we don't need to import more.

Please note this is not a rascist slurr. If people are here to work and support our economy OK.

Deport any immigrants that commit crime in Great Briton. We have enough theives, murderers and rapists we don't need to import more.

Please note this is not a rascist slurr. If people are here to work and support our economy OK.

Quite agree this is not rascist- the current policy I think encourages rascism.

I would have a quota system based on criteria similar to Australia - and the numbers and skills of those allowed residency would have nothing at all to do with where the applicants came from. Also I believe we should have some agreements with other vunerable countries that we would not "poach" their health workers.

I would also have a higher tax band before income tax started - but a wider band of standard rate tax. If we encourage more people to start businesse without being taxed to the hilt - they will in turn provide more jobs.

Also I would provide grants in rural areas for farmers to provide and be paid to run more cycle paths as it is too dangerous to ride on roads round here ( hence my comment before about cycle helmets) two of my daughters young friends have recently been killed on bicycles.

What a waste of a young life.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

There was actually a bike helmet bill in the commons last session as a private members bill. I believe it got to the second reading and died due to lack of time. Pity.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

If I was prime minister, i would outlaw private baliffs, and increase the threshold where a creditor can force bankruptcy to £50,000.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Yes indeed...

I would give the banks the power to charge whatever they liked, without question.

(They have but take a look at their shares lol)

You would then exercise your power of choice.

(excellent remark Bank credit in and same day withdraw the lot)

I would also, as my last word.

Give the families of victims the chance to face, and maybe, discuss with, or kill, the **** that ruined their life.....

( this i totally agree with you,further more if it's rape castrate the tosser who did it)

Night all. 05.36.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS EVERY ONE'S CHOICE

If I was the PM, i would have the competition commision examine why, despite apparent market freedom, bank charges are almost identical.

Lets face it, firstly we sent loads of our own soldier's to a war that really didn't concern them (say a prayer for those who lost their lives in it). then there was cash for questions (covered up no surprise there) and now the country is about to take a nose dive financially regardless of what we are told.

Regardless of who is Prime Minister, do you really think that you could change the corrupt society that we are now living in (I think not)

Sorry but it's no good, couples who own a property and are struggling with their mortgage payments just jump on the social wagon (um i av seperated from my husband/wife but we are living in the same property, and hey presto the benefits kicks in), so if you can explain to me how and when things like this will stop,then and only then i will start believing in our country.

Wow no answer's to my above statement,obviously it don't just happen in my area, I am really mad over issue's like this, why should i pay tax so it can be spend on fraudsters like these.

We moan about other's entering our country and taking our jobs,when deep down our own people are conning the issue.

All views welcome.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) takes benefit theft very seriously. Although the vast majority of people who claim benefits are honest, those who commit benefit theft are picking the pockets of law-abiding taxpayers. In 2006-07 benefit thieves stole an estimated £700 million from public funds, that's why we are determined to stop benefit thieves.

And it's all coming out of the Taxpayer's money.

I agree with you totally setmefree, I have to watch my daughter and her husband (2 kids) they both work, daughter part time, he also works all the hours he can just to get by. Then you have them that know how to beat the system and get all the benefits going and no intention of ever working.

It makes my blood boil.