If you were Prime Minister.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just having a rant really, but what would you do if you were the Prime Minister for a day?

I would....:

Re-nationalise British Telecom for a start!

...and the trains.

Then reduce all MPs wages to that of the average wage in their

constiuency, thus if they improve the standard of living in their constituency, they improve their own.

Take VAT off of toilet rolls, sanitary towels etc... (let's face it, they're hardly 'luxury items' any more are they?)

Add 15p to a bottle of spirits and drop 5p off a pint of beer AND reverse the smoking ban. People who said they were going to go to pubs once the ban was in place haven't exactly materialised, so it's time to get people who want to go in pubs back in them!

Have a central database of roadworks due to commence. Then make utility companies check the database for works in a road before they are due to start to see if anyone within 6 months has a plan to dig up the road again - thus lowering traffic congestion by all using the same bl***y hole in the road at the same time!

Have tax breaks for companies that encourage home-working!

Abolish inheritance tax.

Have a further tax band over 100k.

Apparently, according to Govt. stats., speed cameras actually COST money to maintain. In which case, as deaths on the road have not decreased since their inception, we should abolish those too.

That's it for the minute - rant over! ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have'nt mentioned bank charges Dave . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

....'cos that one's a given

Plus, if MPs have the average wage of their constituents, then they will find out what being charged through the nose is like - I would imagine that they will come to the same conclusions we have about bank charges ;-) ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

I'm always ranting on about this one.

Bring back conscription for all the lazy bone idle kids like my son who leave school at 16 and now 2yrs later still aren't trying very hard for a job!!!!!!!!

Stay in education or training or go to BOOT CAMP!!!!!

....and encourage apprenticeships - ahhh, the good old days!

------------

------------

...oooh, and pull out of Iraq.

------------

------------

Not sure that one was one the political agenda!

------------

------------

...make banks clear cheques within 10 mins of having them banked.

------------

------------

I'm always ranting on about this one.

Bring back conscription for all the lazy bone idle kids like my son who leave school at 16 and now 2yrs later still aren't trying very hard for a job!!!!!!!!

Stay in education or training or go to BOOT CAMP!!!!!

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. I have been out of work for the grand total of 7 days since leaving school which was the first seven days. I have been made redundant twice in that time and both times took another job within hours, they were menial packing jobs but it kept me in the workplace.

If we followed your proposed rule then I would be in Boot Camp instead of earning a living which really wouldn't work for me considering I'm a pacifist

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Sorry Blueskies that one was not directed at you or people like you. It is directed at the lazy mob which my son is one of who have no intentions of working. Don't see the point in it. He has no work ethic at all. This is not a dig at people on benefits just the lazy, Why should I get up in the mornings when I get benifits for staying in bed type!!

I would introduce conscription for pensioners. the fat lazy gits should get out of their armchair and in to War:)

And no free bus pass for the over 60's:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I'd close the borders. I'm not anti anyone but we're full. Jacqui Smith (or whoever it was) may say huge swathes of the country are not built on and we can build loads of new houses in those areas - but what is the point of making people move to those areas when there are no jobs to support them?

I think she meant Scotland & Wales (runs off quick)

I would make working on Saturday & Sunday compulsory....

And make Monday to Friday days off.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Its 01.05 here at mo. Not much chance of sunshine.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

:o

So DCAs could chase people for ever?

Great for me. One of my ancestors got bilked in 1956. i'd like a chance to go after the money. Not to mention great-great-great-great-great uncle hermon.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.