If you were Prime Minister.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh, the duty will have to go - can't tax the poor little loves on what is a basic necessity for them, can we?

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! It's a necessity of life!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Ok - so that's CJ for PM, me in the Home Office - what do you fancy doing, Dave?

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Hi Dave

I agree with your comments regarding smoking:)

I happen to be a licensee who has gone through the new licensing system (so what I hear you say:rolleyes: ) in the run up to the 2003 Licensing Act being implemented, there was a lot of publicity regarding 24hr drinking, binging, etc. What the media conveniently forgot to mention was the real meaty stuff behind the legislation. . .in particular holding the "Premises Licence Holder" responsible PERSONALLY responsible for a long list of "prescribed offences" (and I do mean long!) with penalty fines ranging from £1,000.00 up to £20,000.00 AND OR 6 months PRISON / revocation of premises licence / closure, etc & more.

The publican has been put in a very difficult situation. . .and in my mind the main thrust of the legislation was to make publicans "tow the line" in regards to matters such as no smoking (Although I do accept the licensed industry needs to clean it's act up in terms of rogue operators and "Professionalise" itself).

Also, another meeting place where jo public is able to air their views has started to be eroded even further!

Probably worse is the fact that the 2003 legislation is enforced by local councils. . .

Regarding 24hr drinking, back in 2005 up to October same year, approximately 700 24hr licenses were in the process of being applied for. . .of which approximately 675 are/were for SUPERMARKETS!

Sorry for ranting. . .makes me really mad!:mad:

Where there's a will, there is a way! We have the will and we will always find a way!

red007lion

LOL red - you rant - this is what the BG is for.

Can we all come to your pub and hire it out for the night for a private party and have a smoking night?

Well, red, next time I'm in Englandshire I'll pop in.

;)

• 1 month later...

I'd bomb Sunderland and then blame it on the other guy.

Not really I'd take the tax of solar pannel's and make it cheaper to produce them.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

if i was PM id make the banks pay a service charge to the customers for any reason i can possibly think off if it makes sence or not an penalty fees also to all customers an not justify or explain why or how the charges are worked out ......

an id SMOKE TO IN PUBLIC PLACES ......

lmao :rolleyes: