Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody,

H-E-L-P...!

Like many others this is also my first time.

However got a parking fine today from above. I was there at the tim,e they stated, ALL OF THE TIME- 167 minutes of the time, I had a puncture on the way to a hospital appointment. ( had to be re-arranged due to above circumstance). I moved the car to this location away from a busy road junction and off the road.

I was unable to get the rear wheel off to change it for my spare. Eventually a relative turned up with tools and was succesful eventually in removing the wheel. At no time was a warden around however photographic evidence shows my car entering and leaving the car park. with my spare on I replaced the flat at a centre with a bill for the cost of replacement. I have the proof that I should have been at the hospital at the time this happened. and of course a witness to the effect that this DID happen.

Does anyone know if this situation would be sufficient to appeal against this fine or not?

Many thanks,

Daniel

have a read through threads on private parking co's there is no real appeal

because IT IS NOT A PARKING TICKET IN THE FIRST PLACE, they have no Power to Issue them, it is a Civil Invoice, that claims you agreed to their T&C by parking , but their problem is proving that you entered into a contract with them,

you will get lots of letters saying what they MAY or MIGHT do , they have several desks in their offices , with titles such as PAYMENT DESK, DEBT COLLECTOR, DOORSTEP COLLECTIONS, SOLICITOR ETC, and they send you an array of different letter looking official from each desk in turn, hoping you will cave in

you will see the advice is to IGNORE and IGNORE again

• 3 weeks later...

After my second appeal to Excel they wrote back and said while they are sympathetic to the problem of being disabled, they still stand by their decision to incur the charge. So I went to the management of the retail park and told them how disgusted I was, and if they didn't do something I would never shop there again and give them some bad publicity too. Result - they cancelled the charge with Excel. If all their customers did this they might think again about employing such a company to monitor their car parks.

After my second appeal to Excel they wrote back and said while they are sympathetic to the problem of being disabled, they still stand by their decision to incur the charge.

Complete waste of your time and money, maybe now people will see that this is nothing more than a money making [problem].

So I went to the management of the retail park and told them how disgusted I was, and if they didn't do something I would never shop there again and give them some bad publicity too. Result - they cancelled the charge with Excel. If all their customers did this they might think again about employing such a company to monitor their car parks.

And if all customers just ignored Excel they would not bother with the car park as there is no money in it, and then hopefully they would go out of business.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Just received a demand for £60 this morning from Excel for a 'Code 94', violation. I'm assuming its because I didn't put in my full license plate, as I do remember buying a ticket. Interestingly, as 'proof' they have enclosed 2 CCTV shots of my car entering and leaving at the stated times, although they enclose no proof of the 'Code 94' violation. I'm sure that they're including the CCTV shots to scare me, as they certainly don't prove anything. I was going to write them, but after reading this forum, am I best just to ignore and wait for them to go away? Thanks in advance.

... I'm assuming its because I didn't put in my full license plate, as I do remember buying a ticket. ...

For future reference, anyone going to a private car park where you have to key in your reg. number, the correct sequence to key in is Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo - Yankee Oscar Uniform.

They should get the message after a few thousand of those.

Just received a demand for £60 this morning from Excel for a 'Code 94', violation. I'm assuming its because I didn't put in my full license plate, as I do remember buying a ticket. Interestingly, as 'proof' they have enclosed 2 CCTV shots of my car entering and leaving at the stated times, although they enclose no proof of the 'Code 94' violation. I'm sure that they're including the CCTV shots to scare me, as they certainly don't prove anything. I was going to write them, but after reading this forum, am I best just to ignore and wait for them to go away? Thanks in advance.

'Code 94 Violation':lol::lol::lol:

Yes you are best to ignore them, post back if you need further help or support.

regards

For future reference, anyone going to a private car park where you have to key in your reg. number, the correct sequence to key in is Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo - Yankee Oscar Uniform.

They should get the message after a few thousand of those.

I like.........very good post and advice imho :D

Hi People

My father recently recieved a letter....PCN for not displaying a parking ticket whilst parked at the Excel Car Park located at the Pennine Centre, Halifax.

A disability badge was displayed at the time which i

thought would cover it.

I got in touch informing them that a disability badge was

present at the time.

Their response was surprisingly cordial but cold hearted nontheless.

Which to summarise said it does not matter that you

have a badge pay the fine within the allocated time or fine will go up.

Any tips and advice? Do i have a case even though there was not a

parking ticket but a disability badge instead?

Should i dispute it?

Ignore them from now on?

Any help appreciated

Tip Number 1: Private companies in the UK have no legal right to fine individuals or companies unless they are acting on behalf of a government body or have specific laws laid down allowing them to do so. I'm affraid, Excel have no more legal right to fine you or your father than I do.

Tip Number 2: Excel could not sue you for the amount of the so called fine - in the UK, you can only so for actual damages - therefore they could only sue you for the amount of money you had actually cost them - probably 50p or there abouts.

Tip Number 3: Your father is disabled and your vehicle had a blue badge on display - it would be a pretty tough cold hearted judge that would find against you.

Tip Number 4: County Court Claim Fee + Hearing Fee would be at least £55 for Excel - this is what they would have to cough up before taking you to court - this is not a viable business model for them which is my PPC's very rarely take people to court. Don't forget other costs, man hours, postage, etc - all expense they wouldn't get back even if they won.

Tip Number 5: They cannot do anything to harm you or your father in anyway (including reporting to the credit agencies, sending people to see you, etc). All their threats are hot air just to scare you in to coughing up.

In summary, Excel and their colleagues are a joke. File their letters for reference but ignore them - don't pay - it is a [problem]!

Kind Regards,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hi Pennine 2009, firstly are you absolutely sure that it is Excel parking that have done the search as opposed to a different company with a similar name.

Regards,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hi Pennine 2009, firstly are you absolutely sure that it is Excel parking that have done the search as opposed to a different company with a similar name.

Regards,

TFT

It shows as an unrecorded enquiry from 'Excel Parking Services Ltd' so it is them, they have made this search without my consent. I had a ticket from them over a year ago and followed the advice on here to ignore it, I have heard nothing from them for over 12 months.

Thanks TFT and all others for all your

responses which has gave confidence.

Recently a new letter turned up with an increased fine of £100 now.

Below are comments on the letter.

" CODE '94' (Parked without displaying a valid ticket / permit) and a

Parking Charge notice was sent through which remains "

So in summary its true a ticket from their machine was not

purchased/displayed.

Though as I said before a disability badge was on show.

Still continue to ignore the letter than demands...."DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE" ??

Also a reply to an email I got said that the disibility badge cannot be used

in some private car parks etc trying to say its not allowed in excel.

Seems this is their justification for harassing with the PCN.

Eagerly wait your advice once more

Thanks

Thanks TFT and all others for all your

responses which has gave confidence.

Recently a new letter turned up with an increased fine of £100 now.

Below are comments on the letter.

" CODE '94' (Parked without displaying a valid ticket / permit) and a

Parking Charge notice was sent through which remains "

So in summary its true a ticket from their machine was not

purchased/displayed.

Though as I said before a disability badge was on show.

Still continue to ignore the letter than demands...."DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE" ??

Also a reply to an email I got said that the disibility badge cannot be used

in some private car parks etc trying to say its not allowed in excel.

Seems this is their justification for harassing with the PCN.

Eagerly wait your advice once more

Thanks

It's all bluff designed to give you a fright so that you will pay.

Safe to ignore, especially the 'DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE', bit.

regards

Hi Everybody,

Following my post of August 21, I have this morning, September 7, received a letter from Excel advising that I have 7 days to pay £100 to avoid court action. It actually says, 'Unless the amount is in our hands'! Who came up with the wording on these letters? Ha, ha! I also notice that the payment has to be made to their 'Central Payments Office'. Sounds very similar to the 'Central Ticket Office', the government department where speeding fines etc. are paid. Is this another attempt to dupe the motorist into thinking that Excel are some kind of official body?

I have also found the parking ticket that I paid for on the day in question, so the reason I am being 'charged' is because I didn't type in my full license plate in the ticket machine! So, even though I have paid for my ticket, the original fine of £60 stands because of not giving in my license plate. Hardly proportionate is it? I'd like to see how that stands up in court!

Anyways, I'm still planning on ignoring these letters. Will keep you all posted on how I get along.

So, even though I have paid for my ticket, the original fine of £60 stands because of not giving in my license plate. Hardly proportionate is it? I'd like to see how that stands up in court!

Whilst you may wish to see how that "offence" stands up in court theboycarra, sadly I don;t think Excel will ever give you the opportunity to test it because they will crawl away and annoy someone else long before you get to court. :lol:

Well its been about 9 months since I got the so called "fine" from Excel Parking. I've had about 5 letters but I've replied to none, just ignored them (although my dad has been worried and is willing to pay the fine but I won't let him)

Today they sent me this:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/madfaz/07-09-2009201417-1.jpg

Now I know this means nothing but my dads really worried so I would appreciate it if someone could get back to me and tell me everythings fine and my dad shouldn't fret over them taking us to court. Besides, I'm definitely not driving to Sheffield to court IF it goes that far!!

However, they're getting really annoying and I can't be dealing with these jokers anymore, wheres the A-team when you need 'em?

Edited by madfaz

Madfaz - first of all the defendants name is visible in two places on the form. I suggest you remove it pronto & re-post with the name washed out.

Secondly, don't worry, it's all part of the [problem] - you will notice that the claim number, issue date & court seal are missing from the form.

What Excel have done is sent you a blank form they have filled in themselves in a further attempt to scare your father into paying.

Should you ever (highly unlikely) get a form with the above details completed, post back for further advice. In the meantime continue to ignore these leeches.

Cheers I've edited the pic, is it really advisable to carry on ignoring them? I don't want them to think they've got it easy and they can take us to court and we won't put up a fight.

I was thinking of sending them one letter about the fact that we don't know who was driving at that time (this is true, we visit that retail park often and there are lots of drivers insured to drive the car in question)

& that if these claims continue,we will be more than happy to kick up a fuss and report to the relevant authorities.