Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there is none. but more to the point I think they didn't mean "how do we enforce abuse" unless they want to make it compulsory ! I suggest they meant "how do we prevent abuse". But PPCs love to use the word 'enforce' when of course they can't enforce anything. Then there is the obvious rider question - how can covering up graffiti painted on the ground be considered 'abuse'.

OK. So I ask you a question. You offer to answer my question by selling your services. I ask if you have the site owners permission to sell your services (see site rules). Maybe the word illegal was incorrect but certainly against site rules. So I am sorry about using the word illegal but are you, therefore, sorry about using the site to sell your sevices when I was asking a very legitimate question on behalf of disabled people.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I Hate Excel has clearly pointed out that on the occasion that his car was parked (by person or persons unknown) in a "bay marked with a drawing of a person in a wheelchair" that a number of other similar bays were available and empty for the entire duration of his car's occupancy. Please clarify how this therefore inconvenienced any disabled person?

Bircho - are you trying to wriggle out of our contract ? I have secured evidence that you accepted this contract both by action and by explicit agreement. I did not sell - I made you an offer and you accepted. No advertising or other parties involved, it was a personal negotiation conducted in a public place. PPCs need to understand the difference between "illegal" and "unlawful" - and to do neither. As for I Hate Excel's 'case' - it has been answered many times. Disabled bays in private car parks are meaningless graffiti. There isn't even a moral claim against him/her on the circumstances - not that a PPC could make a moral claim, the universe is not that twisted.

Edited by lamma

So you agree, lamma you, that is is ok someone should park in a disabled space even though they are not disabled irrespective of its location?

What disabled space?

Any surface markings are little more than graffiti and the Blue Badge scheme makes it perfectly clear that it does not extend to private car parks.

See DirectGov site here; read the first sentence under "Where the scheme doesn't apply"

Please give an example of a lawful and legal way that these companies could use....... (I've just applied for a job as a sadistic dentist to pull some teeth full time)

they could use an old fashioned car park attendant to tell you where they would like you to park, obviously this would not be as profitable, having to pay a man a full time wage to advise motorists, instead of using cameras and ticket machines to create automatic "fines". at the moment Excel are all about mass profit and not about managing the parking of cars.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I've just joined this site due to me getting a parking ticket on

Tuesday 23rd October at Middlesbrough Leisure Park. :(

I parked up in the free blue bays (available to leisure park users only)

to go to the cinema and when I came back out, there was a ticket

on my car. I asked the attendant why I had received it as I didn't

understand and he replied, "you never used the facillities, you went

into town" and I told him that it wasn't true and that i'd been to the

cinema, i even showed him my ticket stub and he said, "oh sorry,

someone who must have looked like you went into town" :-?:?

but if they aren't sure then why do it :evil: now i have to go through

the process of an appeal, which is pointless by the sounds of the

posts on here. I sent my ticket and cinema stub to the excel parking

office on Wednesday 24th and i'm now waiting for a response. I just

hope they see that the attendant was in the wrong and not me, as

i'm only a poor student and i can't afford to pay £100 this close to

christmas!

I sent my ticket and cinema stub to the excel parking

office on Wednesday 24th and i'm now waiting for a response. I just

hope they see that the attendant was in the wrong and not me, as

i'm only a poor student and i can't afford to pay £100 this close to

christmas!

Sending your ticket and stub to them could well be a big mistake (in so far as if they ever went to court it would have been so easy to present them to the magistrate then.)

They are unlikely to cancel it and now you have handed over your evidence of innocence. If they don't, you should just ignore anything and everything they send to you now short of an actual court summons. It is unlikely to go that far,but who knows. If they do cancel it I'll be shocked. Shocked but pleasantly surprised that is. :)

Edited by crem

there is no appeal - its just there as lip service of 'fairness'. in reality it is used to suck you in. keep hold of the cinema ticket, put it in drawer with any all rubbish you receive from Excel and ignore them. let them waste their own time and money writing letters and paying the DVLA - for a zero return !! :)

I really don't want to go to court over this though, as it was the parking attendants fault. I didn't think when I sent my ticket to them, they'll probably turn this around and say they never recieved it - have either of you had a ticket off them?

yeah i guess, i'm just dreading the endless letters they're going to send me because i'm not paying. i've only just passed my driving test too, what a bummer!

Welcome to the big bad world. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I committed a 'code 94' violation for inputting the wrong registration in the machine and even though i bought a ticket and left within the expiry time they want £60 for contravening 'code 94'. I'm not paying them and i'm willing to go to court.

Any advice anyone?

Cheers

Marshmallow

Hi Marshmallow

At last someone in the same boat. Where did yours take place? Mine was in George Street car park in Wakefield and has been ongoing since July. Exactly what happened to you? If you follow through all the other threads you will see the things I have been posting but am keen to hear your story before you see mine and then we can compare notes

Hi Tirnanog

Mine was in the Pennine Centre in Halifax town centre. I was late for an appointment and just pressed all the buttons to get a ticket. I left within time and didn't give it a second thought. When i received the first letter i thought that the ticket must have blown off the dashboard when i closed the door so i wrote to them with a copy of the ticket saying here's proof of my payment sorry it wasn't displayed (i had no idea who they were then). They wrote back saying that because i hadn't typed in the right registration then it was invalid and i'd contravened 'code 94' and was liable for a fine. They warn in the letter that failure to pay will result in court action and debt recovery. I'm trying to find out where i legally stand on that.

Hello again Marshmallow

Same thing has happened to me, bought ticket but got one character wrong on reg but first I knew was when got Notice To Owner to say I owed £100 within 7 days for nonpayment of PCN. I never rec it and you wil find this scenario is quite common with excel. Wrote back and sent copy etc and wont go into all detail at this stage but the lates is that I have replied to their solicitor suggesting they obtain copies of all correspondence between myself and excel; I have letters from excel admitting that I bought a ticket but wanting £10 to cover costs or else they will pursue the PCN.

Look at Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more. This guy is excellent for everything you want like car insurance etc, you name it he does it and he is very well known. Also look at what people on this site say to you and you begin to build up a picture.

I am certainly prepared to go to court as this whole business with excel needs bringing into the public domain.

Think about this - they are pursuing a PCN despite the fact that they admit that the contravention didnt take place and they are doing it to blag me into paying £10; I am reporting them to the ombudsman for this (and they have already been removed once from the list of people authorised to get instant access to the dvla records although reinstated later). They are therefore threatening to take me to court for £272 in pursuit of an alleged debt of £10, and incidentally it costs £2.50 for them to get your nmber from the dvla so the whole thing is completely excessive and they have already been chucked out of court for that.

But th really interesting thing is that if you look at Martin Lewis he says that private parking companies CANNOT ISSUE PCNs as it is a private contract. Read his website. If you are interested I could tell you about the correspondence that has passed between us.

If you have paid to park, whether or not you punched in the right reg number, displayed a P&D ticket etc. is irrelevant.

It's no different from buying an item and refusing to show the receipt to the security guard at the door. Sure, it would make your life easier, but you are under no obligation to. And he has no powers to fine you or make you pay a 'not showing receipt when asked to' notice.