Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

did I ? I thought I used the word WE ? I may not have been driving, It could have been my Wife driving, ................ or My Driver.

So you condone whoever was driving your car parking in the space .....

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamma I do not wish to go into the legal arguments with you - there are others who are far more knowledgeable than me on the matter. However, what do you suggest the alternatives are? By not offering the spaces, the retail parks/private land owners could easily be accused of discremination. If, as you claim, the PPC ticket is not legal, how would you propose they stop people parking in the space?

Good question. the alternatives are manifold - any used should be legal and lawful. trouble is for the PPCs that it would put them out of business. but as the business is a [problem] and based of unlawful and often illegal acts that's no loss to society, many would argue that it would represents a gain. For example my local supermarket manages it without using a PPC. I would be very happy to discuss legal and lawful solutions with you. This involves my normal fees of £5 per word typed (minimum fee amount 250 words, no maximum limit). Any solicitation of such advise or any response ,whether direct or implied or inferred constitutes a binding contract betweem lamma and Bircho. Solution topics offered for discussion (for the avoidance of doubt there is NO charge payable for this post, charges will only be incurred on subsequent posts made in response). 1)Attended operations 2) Gated solutions. 3) time limited solutions. 4) the BPA Code of Practice and how to avoid breaching it - be aware that the DVLA insist that AOS members are held accountable for this by the BPA. 5) the legal issues - how to act lawfully and legally (multiple statutes and regulations involved plus case law and a beginners guide to contract law sufficient for PPCs to understand how it really works.) 6) winding up your business - preparing for the consequence of your own actions. feel free to request any other additional topics.

Absolutely !!

As long as WHOEVER designed the car park in question leaves it having so many empty spaces with a little man in a wheelchair painted on them, then yes of course park. If they only had a handful of these spaces, and ample wider spaces for parents it would be a different matter.

Good question. the alternatives are manifold - any used should be legal and lawful. trouble is for the PPCs that it would put them out of business. but as the business is a [problem] and based of unlawful and often illegal acts that's no loss to society, many would argue that it would represents a gain. For example my local supermarket manages it without using a PPC. I would be very happy to discuss legal and lawful solutions with you. This involves my normal fees of £5 per word typed (minimum fee amount 250 words, no maximum limit). Any solicitation of such advise or any response ,whether direct or implied or inferred constitutes a binding contract betweem lamma and Bircho. Solution topics offered for discussion (for the avoidance of doubt there is NO charge payable for this post, charges will only be incurred on subsequent posts made in response). 1)Attended operations 2) Gated solutions. 3) time limited solutions. 4) the BPA Code of Practice and how to avoid breaching it - be aware that the DVLA insist that AOS members are held accountable for this by the BPA. 5) the legal issues - how to act lawfully and legally (multiple statutes and regulations involved plus case law and a beginners guide to contract law sufficient for PPCs to understand how it really works.) 6) winding up your business - preparing for the consequence of your own actions. feel free to request any other additional topics.

Before I do respond, are you acting on the authority of the site owners by wishing to charge me via this site? Obviously, if you are not, that would be an illegal act. If, however, you have the authority to charge for your services, please could you direct me to the terms and conditions stating this.........

For clarity any invoices will be raised directly, not through this site. it was not a 'wish' it was an offer and err you did just respond but as an independent consultant who made you an offer which was accepted by your actions I have to ask you without prejudice to quote the relevant statute(s) you base your clear and public allegation that I am acting illegally. For the avoidance of doubt note that I reserve the right to pursue redress for this allegation, inter alia, through the courts unless a full and substantial explanation quoting statute is posted within 24 hours of this post. I reserve the right to seek the IP address of your account through any of (but not limited to) : the Moderators of this Board; the Hosting Company; your Internet Service Provider. Suggested primary topic for consultation - "the difference between 'unlawful' and 'illegal'. (Current wordcount 149)

For clarity any invoices will be raised directly, not through this site. it was not a 'wish' it was an offer and err you did just respond but as an independent consultant who made you an offer which was accepted by your actions I have to ask you without prejudice to quote the relevant statute(s) you base your clear and public allegation that I am acting illegally. For the avoidance of doubt note that I reserve the right to pursue redress for this allegation, inter alia, through the courts unless a full and substantial explanation quoting statute is posted within 24 hours of this post. I reserve the right to seek the IP address of your account through any of (but not limited to) : the Moderators of this Board; the Hosting Company; your Internet Service Provider. Suggested primary topic for consultation - "the difference between 'unlawful' and 'illegal'. (Current wordcount 149)

Thanks for putting such a constructive slant on the debate as to how retail parks should enforce disabled bay abuse.

For the avoidance of doubt this post of mine is not chargeable. Are you now terninating our contract ? If so the current billable amount, being less than the minimum of 250 words is 250 words at £5 per word as agreed by your action in responding in post #55. Please be aware that multiple secured read only and digitally fingerprinted copies of this thread have been kept for production in court according to the rules of evidence should they be so needed. It is my duty to make clear to you that failing to substantiate your public allegation of illegal conduct on my part will result in my seeking redress in the manner described above or any other manner of my choosing. This will result in the identification of the IP Address and subscriber information to whom the bill will be sent. Payment terms are 7 days from receipt unless re-negotiated equitably.

Thanks for putting such a constructive slant on the debate as to how retail parks should enforce disabled bay abuse.

Abuse !!!??? How dare you ???!!

My vehicle was parked for 9 mins in an empty bay that had a little yellow picture of a wheelchair on it, along side many many other empty bays also with the same painting. Where is the abuse ?????

there is none. but more to the point I think they didn't mean "how do we enforce abuse" unless they want to make it compulsory ! I suggest they meant "how do we prevent abuse". But PPCs love to use the word 'enforce' when of course they can't enforce anything. Then there is the obvious rider question - how can covering up graffiti painted on the ground be considered 'abuse'.

For the avoidance of doubt this post of mine is not chargeable. Are you now terninating our contract ? If so the current billable amount, being less than the minimum of 250 words is 250 words at £5 per word as agreed by your action in responding in post #55. Please be aware that multiple secured read only and digitally fingerprinted copies of this thread have been kept for production in court according to the rules of evidence should they be so needed. It is my duty to make clear to you that failing to substantiate your public allegation of illegal conduct on my part will result in my seeking redress in the manner described above or any other manner of my choosing. This will result in the identification of the IP Address and subscriber information to whom the bill will be sent. Payment terms are 7 days from receipt unless re-negotiated equitably.

That was just about as constructive as ever into the public debate. I take it as you have nothing constructive to add you believe my comments about the abuse, do not condone its use and poster under the name I Hate Excel is not using these forums how they should be. As, when it comes to that matter, you arent.

That was just about as constructive as ever into the public debate. I take it as you have nothing constructive to add you believe my comments about the abuse, do not condone its use and poster under the name I Hate Excel is not using these forums how they should be. As, when it comes to that matter, you arent.

I stumbled accross this forum, whilst googling Excel Parking Services. The people in this thread are all victims of Excel's unlawful deception and illegal practices.

By the way, just what has this got to do with you anyway ?

as you have not availed yourself of the opportunity to terminate the contract by all means let us continue. please see my last post "I think they didn't mean "how do we enforce abuse" unless they want to make it compulsory ! I suggest they meant "how do we prevent abuse". But PPCs love to use the word 'enforce' when of course they can't enforce anything. Then there is the obvious rider question - how can covering up graffiti painted on the ground be considered 'abuse'." Why do you want to enforce this alleged abuse ? (billable word count this post = 96, current billable total = 245).

I stumbled accross this forum, whilst googling Excel Parking Services. The people in this thread are all victims of Excel's unlawful deception and illegal practices.

By the way, just what has this got to do with you anyway ?

Sometimes people may have a genuine problems where they have been issued with a ticket or whatever and perhaps Excel have made a mistake. Then I can go fully with what you say. What I cannot agree with is you knowingly parked in a space you know you should not have parked in on the pretence that the landowner or whoever have not provided enough parent & child spaces. You then took it to blame Excel for this using their name as your username when really all they have done is carry out their job for which, I am sure, the vast majority of people in the country would support, that is parking in a disabled bay when you are not supposed to. And you are now using the forums to try and get advice on how to riddle out of paying for something and, on top of that, except to gain sympathy from a judge.

as you have not availed yourself of the opportunity to terminate the contract by all means let us continue. please see my last post "I think they didn't mean "how do we enforce abuse" unless they want to make it compulsory ! I suggest they meant "how do we prevent abuse". But PPCs love to use the word 'enforce' when of course they can't enforce anything. Then there is the obvious rider question - how can covering up graffiti painted on the ground be considered 'abuse'." Why do you want to enforce this alleged abuse ? (billable word count this post = 96, current billable total = 245).

Sorry I cannot figure what you are getting at. Perhaps in 20 words this time you would like to explain. You still appear to be condoning motorists without a blue badge parking in disabled bays and have said nothing has to how the companies should prevent this.

Free post (last one). All your points answered already - re-read thread. By acting lawfully and legally. (12 words used but no credit allowance for the 8 unused words) current billable total = 245 words

Sometimes people may have a genuine problems where they have been issued with a ticket or whatever and perhaps Excel have made a mistake. Then I can go fully with what you say. What I cannot agree with is you knowingly parked in a space you know you should not have parked in on the pretence that the landowner or whoever have not provided enough parent & child spaces. You then took it to blame Excel for this using their name as your username when really all they have done is carry out their job for which, I am sure, the vast majority of people in the country would support, that is parking in a disabled bay when you are not supposed to. And you are now using the forums to try and get advice on how to riddle out of paying for something and, on top of that, except to gain sympathy from a judge.

I have a feeling you are either

a. An Excel Employee

b. A Traffic Warden

c. An argumentitive tw... with nothing better to do than pick fights on furums.

I have a feeling you are either

a. An Excel Employee

b. A Traffic Warden

c. An argumentitive tw... with nothing better to do than pick fights on furums.

Neither of them three, I'm afraid. In the same way as some people hate marmite, I have been in car parks where I have been unable to park in disabled bays when needed.

... You still appear to be condoning motorists without a blue badge parking in disabled bays and have said nothing has to how the companies should prevent this.

Because a "disabled bay" in a private car park isn't legally a disabled bay at all, it's just some lines painted on the ground.

Most reasonable people would leave such spaces for people who need them, and it seems that I Hate Excel had a need for such a space, and wasn't inconveniencing any disabled drivers.

But, regardless of any moral rights or wrongs in that situation, the fact is that Excel, like other PPCs, are attempting to [problem] people for so-called fines, when they a) don't have any proof of the driver's identity, and therefore can't prove the contract exists; b) are attempting to apply penalty clauses to a Law of Contract situation; and c) are almost certainly violating the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations.

The fact that they have lost so spectacularly in Court bears this out.

Free post (last one). All your points answered already - re-read thread. By acting lawfully and legally. (12 words used but no credit allowance for the 8 unused words) current billable total = 245 words

Please give an example of a lawful and legal way that these companies could use....... (I've just applied for a job as a sadistic dentist to pull some teeth full time)

Neither of them three, I'm afraid. In the same way as some people hate marmite, I have been in car parks where I have been unable to park in disabled bays when needed.

blue badge holders can park anywhere can't they ? go park on the street.

When we haven't got enough parent/child spaces left to park in, we can't park in the street, we'd get a fine. A legit fine probably not a pretend fine like the one I got from Excel, which I have paid by the way, it's not the money, I am not just trying to get back £60, it's the way Excel are [causing problems] everyone, and as I pointed out before, the more people who challenge them the more chance something will be done to stop them.

blue badge holders can park anywhere can't they ? go park on the street.

When we haven't got enough parent/child spaces left to park in, we can't park in the street, we'd get a fine. A legit fine probably not a pretend fine like the one I got from Excel, which I have paid by the way, it's not the money, I am not just trying to get back £60, it's the way Excel are [causing problems] everyone, and as I pointed out before, the more people who challenge them the more chance something will be done to stop them.

So now I understand. It is not about the abuse of disabled bay it is an attempt to show Excel up in court. I presume, therefore, you will advise the forums of the result of your efforts when the court case is concluded.

Please give an example of a lawful and legal way that these companies could use....... (I've just applied for a job as a sadistic dentist to pull some teeth full time)

Explicit confirmed acceptance of terms on your part to add to your acceptance through your actions. Though it is part of my duty of fairness to remind you that the 24 hour countdown is still active and that unless you produce appropriate evidence of statute to base your public allegation that I am acting illegally then the aforementioned steps will be taken. For the avoidance of doubt the time stamp on the relevant post will be used. You clearly use 'these companies' to refer to PPCs. There is a long list of statutes and regulations that many PPCs break on a regular basis. PPCs will keep out of a lot of trouble if they pay heed to The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. All BPA AOS members - and that includes Excel - have provided personal sign off that they are following the BPA Code of Practice to avoid falling foul of these regulations. yet we have yet to see a single PPC that adheres to this. But there are many more statutes and regulations to consider. primarily they need to learn about contract law and that the landowner is due any recoverable losses. But this wipes out the PPC business model -as already mentioned. Of course it is the landowner's problem and they are the ones who need to seek the solution, not the PPCs. (word count: current post 228. current billable total = 473 words. I suggest we follow my proposed structure as it will reduce total wordcount and so keep your bill down).