Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue,

Sorry to say but you dont have to prove that you were the driver or not, as the owner of the vehicle you are liable for the fine, unless it was a rental car, but even then you sign a declaration when you hire it to say that you are liable for all fines incurred while the driver. I dont know of this car park or area of the country but I know that if it was council owned parking then it would not matter if your car had been photographed or not (they should never take a persons photo) or if you had driven away before he had put it on your car as pcn's can now be sent by post. If you sent payment then surely there should be some record of payment? if not then again im sorry but I really dont feel you have much of a leg to stand on. If this is a privately run company then I think that they still have to abide by the rules of appeal, if you appeal now then the fine should be dropped to the original fine amount. I would suggest that unless you have any more evidence to say that you paid the original ticket then you should appeal using the legal chanels and pay the original amount.

Any more questions and I will try and answer them for you.

Sue,

Sorry to say but you dont have to prove that you were the driver or not, as the owner of the vehicle you are liable for the fine, unless it was a rental car, but even then you sign a declaration when you hire it to say that you are liable for all fines incurred while the driver. I dont know of this car park or area of the country but I know that if it was council owned parking then it would not matter if your car had been photographed or not (they should never take a persons photo) or if you had driven away before he had put it on your car as pcn's can now be sent by post. If you sent payment then surely there should be some record of payment? if not then again im sorry but I really dont feel you have much of a leg to stand on. If this is a privately run company then I think that they still have to abide by the rules of appeal, if you appeal now then the fine should be dropped to the original fine amount. I would suggest that unless you have any more evidence to say that you paid the original ticket then you should appeal using the legal chanels and pay the original amount.

Do happen to work for a private parking company? The reason I ask is that you are using the sort of language they do. For a start this is not a "fine", it's an invoice. A private parking company can only claim for any material loss suffered by them. In this case it's nothing.

As for those "rules of appeal". Is the appeal process run by an independent organization? Of course it's not. It's handled directly by the parking company who are certainly not independent. And you are wrong to say the driver is liable to the "fine". No it's not. In the case of a private parking ticket the "contract" is between the parking company and the driver. The registered owner is under no obligation to disclose who the driver was.

HOLD ON, HOLD ON!!

This thread was originally started by Sue176 about a PPC scamvoice so I presume that is the "Sue" you are referring to.

Now that we have established that we can therefore conclude your "advice" in this post is total ballony and is so inacurate we can only assume it is posted by the PPC themselves.

Sue,

Sorry to say but you dont have to prove that you were the driver or not, as the owner of the vehicle you are liable for the fine,

no you are not!

unless it was a rental car, but even then you sign a declaration when you hire it to say that you are liable for all fines incurred while the driver.

fines yes, PPC scamvoices NO.

I dont know of this car park or area of the country but I know that if it was council owned parking then it would not matter if your car had been photographed or not (they should never take a persons photo) or if you had driven away before he had put it on your car as pcn's can now be sent by post.

True

If you sent payment then surely there should be some record of payment? if not then again im sorry but I really dont feel you have much of a leg to stand on.

Yes she does, this is a unenforceable scamvoice

If this is a privately run company then I think that they still have to abide by the rules of appeal,

hahaha,! Sorry I must have misread that bit. I thought you said PPCs must abide by the same rules of appeal as a council!!

if you appeal now then the fine should be dropped to the original fine amount.

Or more likely if you appeal now, you will get a letter back shortly after saying "your appeal was not successful

I would suggest that unless you have any more evidence to say that you paid the original ticket then you should appeal using the legal chanels and pay the original amount.

omg! this post just gets funnier. What "legal channels" are you referring to when talking about a PPC?

Please don't! I think this one post has caused enough damage already.

You lot really are a laugh, ok my bad I didnt read the date when the first message was sent. As I said I dont know the car park or the area, which probably suggests that I dont live there,hence my next question who are ppc? As for not knowing what im talking about, WRONG, maybe you should read up on the current legislation for parking tickets, if I didnt work within this area and have at least a little knowledge do you really think I would be giving advice on it. You on the other hand obviously DO NOT!!!

You lot really are a laugh, ok my bad I didnt read the date when the first message was sent. As I said I dont know the car park or the area, which probably suggests that I dont live there,hence my next question who are ppc? As for not knowing what im talking about, WRONG, maybe you should read up on the current legislation for parking tickets, if I didnt work within this area and have at least a little knowledge do you really think I would be giving advice on it. You on the other hand obviously DO NOT!!!

What do you mean by "who are PPC"?

Don't forget that we are talking about a private parking company, ticketing on private land, so pray tell what is this "legislation" you are talking about?

hence my next question who are ppc?

The clue is in the title of the thread: Excel Parking Ticket.

As for not knowing what im talking about, WRONG, maybe you should read up on the current legislation for parking tickets, if I didnt work within this area

Which area of parking do you work in?

and have at least a little knowledge do you really think I would be giving advice on it. Except the advice you have given is wrong or at best misleading by mixing private parking and council parking

You on the other hand obviously DO NOT!!!

Then perhaps you can enlighten me. I'm always willing to learn.

Please read my first reply, I did state that 'if it was a council car park' meaning that I obviously work for a council. As for private car parks, I did not claim to know how they work. Its so funny how people who obviously have a grudge like to jump on the band wagon. I was trying to offer advice not 'big up' the ticketing agencies, my god did I really sign up to this forum for this s**t, I dont think so, back off and get a life so you can stop clogging up my emails and ruining my day off!!

Please read my first reply, I did state that 'if it was a council car park' meaning that I obviously work for a council. As for private car parks, I did not claim to know how they work.
Then it probably wasn't the best idea for your first post to offer advice on private parking tickets, which by your own admission you know nothing about.

There are plenty of threads on here for council PCN's where your knowledge and experience could be of help. The parking forum is here:

Parking / Traffic Offences - The Consumer Forums

Please read my first reply, I did state that 'if it was a council car park' meaning that I obviously work for a council. As for private car parks, I did not claim to know how they work. Its so funny how people who obviously have a grudge like to jump on the band wagon. I was trying to offer advice not 'big up' the ticketing agencies, my god did I really sign up to this forum for this s**t, I dont think so, back off and get a life so you can stop clogging up my emails and ruining my day off!!

As Michael Browne says, there are lots of posts put on this forum that are seeking advise regarding on-street parking and council cars parks where I am sure we would appreciate your experience.

PPCs (private parking companies) are a law to themselves and a scurge on society so unfortunately for your first post to imply they "operate to the same rules as councils" and that you could use "the legal means of appeal" simply made you look like you were a PPC "operative" (otherwise known as a Troll!)

Any input you have regarding council PCNs would be useful when they arise and in the meantime continue to read up on PPC scamvoices on here and I am sure you will be shocked and enlightened as to how these companies prey on motorists by trying to look like they are the same as councils.

Edited by crem

• 2 weeks later...

Clifftw,

I am currently ignoring a PCN from Excel - from teh same Chorlton Square car park, I am 2 letters in and counting

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've recently been issued a fine off excel.

I drove through their car park in Chorlton Manchester on 2 seperate occasions on the same day.

The event took place like this...

Drove into entrance "A" and out of entrance "B" within a minute. And then around 20 mins later drove back through entrance "B" and out of entrance "A". I was on the car park for less than a minute both times and now they have sent me their pictures of just the entrance "A" camera saying that i was on the car park for 20 mins and that i owe them £60?!?!?

I wrote to them explaining the situation and they just said they had gone back over their camera footage and could confirm that i was on the car park for 20 mins. I said that it was not true and told them to please send me the video footage of both entrances so i could point out my car entering and leaving the car park as i stated. They said that the cameras are only capable of taking still images and just send me bigger prints of the images!?! They then asked for documentation displaying proof that the car was not on their car park for 20 mins. I responded saying "what kind of proof do you think someone in my situation could have" i also stated that i had a witness.

They have said they will no longer accept any more appeals and that i must pay the fine.

What should i do? Should i just ignore the further letters? Should i pay the fine? Should i send them any further correspondence?

The bottom line is that what they are accusing me of is simply not true!

Please help.

Thank you

Clifftw

P.s. there are no barriers at either entrance so it's very easy to just drive through.

I have been doing a bit of digging around about the Cholton Square car park I came accross this local news story which might be beneficial to your cause. Some local politicos have taken up the question about driving through the car park, have a look at the story via the link:

Withington MP secures Chorlton parking fines review (John Leech, MP for Manchester Withington)

Keep up the ignorance,

Dough Boy

Here is another story (plus contributor Rants) about the Chorlton precinct car park - exploited by Excel. One contributor thinks that the Excel contract to patrol the parking expire in June 2010. I will be writing to all the landlord and the tennant expressing my views on the effect Excel has had on driving away custom from their shops, you never know if enough peolpe make the effort a little change might occur, does anybody know of an ethical car parking company? (if you live in Cholton you may understand that attempt at humour)

Dough Boy

http://www.manchesterconfidential.co.uk/News/General/Controversy-over-Chorlton-car-park-charges_545.asp#comment

Hi DoughBoy,

I wrote to John Leech and told them about my "invoice" , not fine, and about my "paid parking" and not "ilegal" parking, and the secretary told me that as I wasn't a constituent of Chorlton, they couldn't support me on that, which I thought was pretty bad, as that means they would allow crime committed to anyone who is not in their constituency. If you live in Chorlton, you may be so lucky!

I also wrote a letter to Excel telling them >

"This alleged debt remains disputed by me and I must ask you to cease and desist correspondence with me.

Other than as described above, any further correspondence from you or any other party in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997and misuse of DVLA records" .

I sent this after the second letter. I did pay my ticket for parking, but they still acuse me of not displaying the ticket.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I felt the need to log into this site after reading all your posts as I feel sorry for each and everyone of you.

*deep breath* I work for excell parking, well I use to. I worked as a security officer at one off there main sites myself and my security partner walked out and quit because that company is the worst company i have worked for.

I have many horror stories but I can only talk about one for obvious reasons.

The site that I worked at was the princess alexandra hospital in harlow essex. The car park was a compleate [problem]!! on an avarage day you would have say 5k people needing to use the car park on site, now that included staff nurses e.c.t.

There was about 1k marked out spaces for people to use that included staff who PAY each month out of there wages that come to about £80 to park there but gess what they had no where to park ass it was ALLWAYS full to the brim, but still they had to pay. every day there would be 20+ complants that they are paying a monthly fee for nothing. On top of that if they was parked in the wrong area FINE parked with no ticket but they are seeing an emergancey FINE, every excuse to keep the fines comming.

The worst ones was that staff would find a safe place to park but it would not be a marked space but they would park there because they have no choice, they pay a fee each month why not sorry not a marked space FINE.

Compleate joke that company.

P.S. sorry about spelling e.c.t. but cant be arsed lol.

Its been a whilse ince my last posting; ignoring excell meant that it would appear they have ventually given up, havnt heard anything for months,, however on a similar subject, different company...

At 11pm on Saturday evening, I parked in an NCP ( not council ) private car park. On the ground floor, there were several bays used for Car washing, empty at 11pm so i parked in one ( as indeed had some other cars by the side wall.

On returning to my car at 4.30am ( deignated non drinking driver i hasten to add ) , there was a NCP PCN on the windscreen. I had a quick scout round and there was absolutely nothing near these spaces to say you couldnt park ( for soem reason the cars adjacent had not been ticketed and were there when i arrived at 11pm ). The reason given was that I had parked on a restricted area.

I know that in soem areas, NCP wardens work on behalf of the council, not sure if this is the case in my town, but this car park is a private NCP car park; therefore should i treat this PCN as I would if cowboys company Excell issued it ie ignore it, as this is what i intend to do, unless it is legally enforceable

Yep.

PCN stands for Penalty Charge Notice.

Private companies like to call their invoices 'Parking Charge Notices' just so they can use the same initials. Potentially fraudulent.

:shock::shock::shock:

Surely a ppc would not do anything so dishonest?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

Help Required,

This morning i have recieved a rather official looking letter from excel parking telling me that they will start court proceedings if i do not paythem £100 for a parking fine in Chorlton, Sheffiled the PCN issue date was 20/04/2010.

The funny thing is i live in london and work in kent and did not have any days off in april and i drive to work - so how on earth did they get my registration number and What should i do next..

I do not wish to pay them...due to my car not being in 2 places at once.

Please advise...any help is appreciated.:???:

The funny thing is i live in london and work in kent and did not have any days off in april and i drive to work - so how on earth did they get my registration number

There's a tiny chance your reg no. has been cloned, but the most likely explanation is they merely got the registration number wrong and have used that to trace you through the DVLA

and What should i do next..

Absolutely nothing, just ignore everything they send you. See here for Excel's letter chain:

PPC Letters/Threats: What to Expect (please add your own) - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

I do not wish to pay them...due to my car not being in 2 places at once.

Quite right, don't pay them a penny.