Don Leocornay Vs HSBC

don leocornay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don

Attitude of FOS doesn't surprise me. They don't really know what they are talking about - worse than some of the 'old duffer' DJs.

As to your case, is it HSBC's stance that the 'managed loan' is still an overdraft? That can't be right, surely. If it is a loan, then it is covered by the CCA and an agreement is required. I'm afraid that detail won't stop them from taking legal action if DG's get out of the wrong side of the bed one morning - or whatever passes for logic in their tiny brains.

You could always try another route though. Apparently, the FSA (that's HSBC's regulator) has a major initative to 'Treat Customers Fairly' which should operate now and be embedded into everything the bank does by December. You could always ask HSBC's top man (the Chief Executive in his ivory tower in Canary Wharf) what the bank is doing to treat you fairly.

He will pass your letter to one of his flunkies, so I suggest you copy your letter to the lady at the FSA who is heading up the whole initative. Contact details are -

Sarah Wilson, Director, Treating Customers Fairly,

Financial Services Authority,

25, The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf,

LONDON, E14 5HS

Cheers, Doc

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Doc,

That's an inspired idea!

It's DG that believe they're chasing an overdraft. But either way they'll nedd documentary proof that that's the case (they don't!). HSBC are saying that I signed it, even though they can pull out every document letter, email, memo, phone call they have on me EXCEPT for the managed loan.

My argument is that since they've pulled out so much info (stored on microfiche) then this is their established practise and therefore if I did sign the loan that they must have it stored on microfiche. If they don't then they must never have received one in the first place.

Letter to the big boss regarding TCF? Awesome, will look into that!

Hiya Don, the other thing to remember is they can prove your credit agreement with a copy of the document from microfiche or even a "reconstituted" document demonstrating what you would have signed BUT strictly speaking as soon as you get to the courtroom stage they will need to produce the actual signed document for the courts inspection :).

So push them to court and make sure your judge asks for sight of the original signed document :D.

pete

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update:

Neighbour's done a letter for me:

"We are satisfied that the loan agreement is unenforceable, any proceedings will be vigourously defended and in the circumstances you may wish to take your client's instructions on discussing matters further on a without prejudice basis or otherwise."

Waiting on a reply.

Nice one don :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there Don im currently going through a very similar thing myself with HSBC, I had a managed loan but never signed an agreement for it. I have CCA'd them but obviously they cant provide the document as it doesnt exist!, After a few months of them trying to fob me off they have now written to me saying they will abide by any decision the FOS makes. I'm a little worried that the FOS may not find in my favour but surely without a signed agreement nothing would stand up in court. HSBC have submitted their file to FOS but FOS have said its going to be several months before they can get an adjudicator to look at my case as they are rather busy at the minute!

mike jsut a thought, if you send them a freedom of info request they have to provide that and all and anythign they have on you. it gives you access to all the wee comments they have put that you dont know about....... that might give you even more evidence......

and if I am not mistake if they cant produce a signed agreement then the debt is unenforcable ... which means they have to repay it plus interest...... and it might jsut be worth taking them to court...... that wil leb much quicker than waiting for the oft:)

my best guess woudl be lets see lba 14 days. the submit the claim.... max 28 days for their defence.... date set for hearing.... posibly 4-6 weeks...

do you really think they will go into court without a valid agreement?

rockin all over the world

Hey there Don im currently going through a very similar thing myself with HSBC, I had a managed loan but never signed an agreement for it. I have CCA'd them but obviously they cant provide the document as it doesnt exist!, After a few months of them trying to fob me off they have now written to me saying they will abide by any decision the FOS makes. I'm a little worried that the FOS may not find in my favour but surely without a signed agreement nothing would stand up in court. HSBC have submitted their file to FOS but FOS have said its going to be several months before they can get an adjudicator to look at my case as they are rather busy at the minute!

Mike

As a regulated firm HSBC have no option but to accept a FOS decision, so saying they will abide by it is meaningless. However, a FOS decision is not binding on the applicant ie you.

HSBC can and will take you to court without an enforceable CCA in my experience. If they start the proceedings electronically, they do not have to file the papers with the court initially. If the defendant does not submit a defence within 28 days, then HSBC can apply (and wil apply) for a default judgment, which the defendant then has to try to get set aside.

On the other hand if a defendant does not hide his head in the sand and stands up to these bullying tactics and files a defence forcing HSBC to produce an enforceable agreement, then they slink away and let the court stay the proceedings.

ditto.. been reading with interest and as our friend doc says. they will file the claim electronicaly and if you do not defend they will enter judgement by default.

I defended their 4k overdraft claim with 3k bank charges reclaim. after phoneing the court today: the position is they have not heard back from the claimant solicitors since filing my defence, the 28 days are up and i think i stay.

Meanwhile trying full and final settlement offer for £1300. only just sent letter and awaiting reply.

hey have a read of my thread

ditto.. been reading with interest and as our friend doc says. they will file the claim electronicaly and if you do not defend they will enter judgement by default.

I defended their 4k overdraft claim with 3k bank charges reclaim. after phoneing the court today: the position is they have not heard back from the claimant solicitors since filing my defence, the 28 days are up and i think i stay.

Meanwhile trying full and final settlement offer for £1300. only just sent letter and awaiting reply.

hey have a read of my thread

Is that £3k Charges only, or does it include interest?

tell me doman, how long can there be stay in the proceedings?? like i said i want to settle the difference out of court.

As far as I know, the proceedings will be stayed until the claimant (HSBC) revives the claim and pays the court fee (£200) or unless the defendant makes an application on form N244 to have the stay lifted, the claim struck out and summary judgement awarded to the defendant. Fee for filing a N244 application is £75.

If you want to settle out of court, you might wait to see if DG write to you again. If you do respond, make sure any letters are headed 'WITHOUT PREJUDICE'.

hi it was for bank charges, bank interest charges,

Sorry, I want to know is it £3k of charges?

or have you added interest to the charges and the total comes to £3K?

The reason I ask is that £3k of charges plus compounded interest could well exceed the £4k overdraft.

subbing, having fun with hsbc myself

current situation:-

No CCA

Advised by DG "HSBC don't keep copies of default notices"

HSBC seem to think a Data Prot. S.A.R request is just for copy stements becuase i have submitted a "copy of charges letter????" What Are They Smoking? :mad:

Mt thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/176523-upto-eyeballs-hsbc-no.html

Lowell Financial (Monument) No CCA - File Closed ** WON**:D

1st Credit (Citi Financial) No CCA - Credit Report Marked 'Satisfied' ** WON **:D

American Express No CCA - Pending

RBS Mint No CCA - Pending

CL Finance (Morgan Stanley) No CCA - In Court:eek:

HSBC - No CCA - In Court:eek:

Link Financial (MBNA) No CCA - Pending

Sorry, I want to know is it £3k of charges?

or have you added interest to the charges and the total comes to £3K?

The reason I ask is that £3k of charges plus compounded interest could well exceed the £4k overdraft.

Actually your nearly right.

bank charges £2311 8% interest £593.34 total £2904.34

interest charges £ 540 8% interest £ 150 total £ 691.55

• 4 weeks later...

crikey, i turn my back for a minute and there's all this activity!

Mike. I agree with Docman and nieve. Forget FOS and go to court. HSBC HAVE to provide the original signed agreement.

If you look earlier on my thread you'll see the steer I got from a barrister. Basically, unlikely to get your money back but can definitely get it declared unenforceable.

update from me? nothing from DG since the last letter sent. Meeting with my neighbour this week to push them for the full works.