Dodgy companies 2

Sugar-walsh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since deciding a little while ago to take out some adverts to promote his company my partner has been receiving countless invoices and demanding phone calls for adverts he has never placed.

We are fed up with the harrasment and would appreciate some advice on what to do about it. We have tried to look into some of the so called adverts and companies and have had no success. Today he got a menacing call where they threatened ccj's etc.

Please help us as we are at our wits end and feel strongly that something should be done about these bullying companies. Luckily my partner is not the type to be bullied into paying, but I can imagine that these people will scare others into paying for services they have never received.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Sugar :p

I think that you need to write to them and ask them to furnish you with proof that you placed the adverts, invoices etc. Also the details of the adverts and when they were aledgedly placed and where. Should they not be able to provide this documentation I would write to them explaining that you deny placing these adverts and further attempts to extort monies from you will be dealt with via the appropriate authorities.

To save wasting too much of your time, I would write a standard letter and send this in response to any spurious demand for money you receive.

Maybe have 1 initial letter, requesting proof of contract etc

Then a 2nd (for if you receive further demands) reiterating that you still cannot agree that the debt exists unless you receive the documents you requested in letter 1, this is my final communication etc

Thanks for the advice. I will write to them for the avidence - we have found that with the legitimate companies, where we have chosen to place adverts, always send proof of the advert before and often after it has been placed.

I will be sending letters in the morning to all those that are requesting. Is there somewhere we can report these people to?

Thanks again,

Sugar:p