DCA - JBDR Glasgow tactics - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have some debt problems currently which I wont go into at this stage.

I have had two calls from above concerning old Egg debt. Would be interested if anyone has had dealings with them before. The first call (at work!) a few days ago was from a guy from pre litigation. He said they would be starting legal action I mentioned I had not received anything from them in writing he asked for personal info which I refused to give over the phone. I then asked him not to contact me by phone but write to me. He said they would be starting legal proceedings and got very shirty?

The second call also came through at work stated I had a meeting with them next week? that a charging order could be used ? was very threatening when I started to question that I had not received anything in writing, knew nothing about any meeting? they asked for dob info which I refused to give. They then just kept on talking over me then put the phone down on me and did not respond or listen to anything I said. Having obtained the callers name I called back to complain. I started off stating I was recording the conversation (white Lie!) they asked if I had a license then asked me to hold on,put me on hold, and I them got transfered to another person who obviously was not expecting the call. Went through same rigmerole but they refused to confirm any meeting or correspondence as I would not give my personal details over the phone.I am worried that someone will turn up at work or at my house.

I have not had anything at all from them in writing. I have noted from other threads that egg do not normally sell their debt so unsure who they are.

A bit shocked and not quite sure how to tackle this. I did get a copy of my credit report and noted there is a default notice from egg.

Help on next steps would be appreciated as this company seem quite ruthless in their approach.

send them a letter recorded delivery telling them that they are to contact you via post only and that they are not to telephone you.

i bet half of what they say wouldnt be sent to you in writing.

protect yourself.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

• 2 months later...

I sympathise with you tremendously.

Myself and my family have also been terrorised by JBDR.

Not on behalf of EGG, but on behalf of a different UK credit card company who will remain anonymous.

The nightmare started in May with a voicemail to please call a phone number. This I did, and I had to ask who it was who answered the phone as they did not say. I asked what was JBDR. They answered that they had been commissioned to collect a debt of over £10,000 on behalf of "The credit card company". I told them I did not owe the credit card company over £10,000 and to please remove me from their telemarketing database.

From then on over the next couple of months, the phone rang every hour or so, day, evening and weekends, and I was subjected to a junk mail through the Royal Mail almost every day.

This was at a time when both my children were doing exams at school. One GCSE's and the other first year college end of term exams.

Both have suffered lower gradesthan the teachers expected because of this and it will no doubt have an effect on their future scholastic achievements.

I had to have treatment by my doctor for high blood pressure because of this.

When I tried to phone JBDR, they would not answer the phone to me.

Eventually, I emailed them and told them I would pursue legal action against them for harassment andfor sending threatening letters by Royal Mail which is agaist the law.

I eventually received an apology by phone, and a couple of days later an email to tell me that the case was now closed.

I would urge anyone else who has been contacted by JB Debt recovery agency in Glasgow, to please report this on this forum so eventually this sort of threatening behaviour can be stopped.

Garry.

Just saw your Halifax Bank problem.

I have also settled in full by debit card payment over the phone, not once, but twice. But am now getting statements showing late payment fees and also interest charges.

When I phoned them, they said I had not paid off the full amount owing, even though I paid what they told me was owing.

Aplologies.

The above was actually Moorcroft. I got confused the two of them.

JBDR hounded me for weeks over they claimed the DVLA had not received a SORN notice from me and wanted £80.00 from me. I told them I had the thank you letter from the DVLA next to me on the table and to get a copy from the DVLA. 3 weeks later, after a daily barrage of phone calls and ongoing threatening letters, I threatened them with legal action, they apologised to me by phone, then an email saying the case was now closed. No sign of an apology in writing though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have just today had a call from JBDR on behalf of a bank over an unpaid debt. the strangest thing about that call was that the woman on the line kept saying she wasnt looking for a reaction but then kept re-itterating the amount and pressing for my ideas as to a solution. this she did by re-telling me the situation and remaining silent, i can only presume she was waiting for me to say something so i didnt, i just waited. i asked her if she wasnt expecting any reaction or for me to propose a possible solution then why bother calling in the first place.

also after she suggested that i retain the services of a solicitor i asked that she e-mail to me aany and all details of the debt so that i would have something for him to look at. it has been over an hour and a half now and still no e-mail has been forthcoming.

also id like to ask, if i get a CCJ issued against me does it afect the other residents in my home. i live with my parents due to my financial situation and she said that a CCJ would affect everyone living at my address. i thought they were brought against the individual not the property.

I've only had one dealings with this mob, when they started calling me trying to obtain the phone number of someone who's financial affairs I had been looking after. Robinson Way had left my phone number on the file when they passed it back to a catalogue company, which was then bought by these scumbags. The first two times they called, I simply told them she didn't live at my address, that I refused to divulge her number on the ground of confidentiality and to remove my phone number from their database, which they refused to do. They even tried to tell me that I was breaking the law by refusing to hand over ther phone number since I was obstructing them from collecting the debt! The third time they called, I was ready for them, having already checked with the Information Controller about how many of the data protection rules they had broken. Never heard from them again

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

I need some help please. I have had numerous calls today and the last few days from an unknown number and I eventualyl answered to a lady telling me they have very bad news for me which given the outcome was absolutely appalling. Pretty much the same as the other postings, threatening, not listening, telling me I was breaking the law by not answering their questions.

Can somebody please supply me with an address, telephone number or email address for this company so I can at least contact them.

I supposedly owe a debt to HSBC which I know was paid over 6 years ago! They told me that they didnt care and the debt was sold to them and that I would be taken to court and it would be very serious.

If someone can help that would be helpful as these people are completely ruthless!!!

• 9 months later...

I had a call from these clowns this morning at work (JBDR)

They first asked if it was me - so I said yes

Then asked me to get a pen and paper - so I did....presumably at this point the operator was rubbing their hands togethor....

They then asked me for my Date of Birth - to which I replied - Sorry - you'll have to wait until I have verified your company before I give out my personal details.

She then quoted the data protection act at me, as if it gave her a right to my details - which I simply quoted back (but correctly)

To this she took great offense and threatened to send out a "field agent" to my property (notice she didnt say house or apartment as she had no Idea where I live)

She kept saying this was a "very important legal matter" but wouldnt disclose any information until I had give her my personal details......

I expect another call from these soon and I'd be really interested to learn how they got my work phone number......

Please could someone provide me with an Address for this company ??

Thanks

If you go to their website and look under services, you see they collect,among other things, statue barred debts.How can they do this without breaking the law.More to the point, perhaps they should be prosecuted for putting on their web site that they do break the law.After all it is a written confession of their illegal actions.

If you go to their website and look under services, you see they collect,among other things, statue barred debts.How can they do this without breaking the law.More to the point, perhaps they should be prosecuted for putting on their web site that they do break the law.After all it is a written confession of their illegal actions.

No, it's not.

You can collect a statute barred debt if the debtor is willing to pay. What you cannot do is enforce collection of the debt.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to get in touch with JBDR for weeks about an outstanding debt that I apparently have, but every time I call it says their offices are closed and their hours are from 9am Monday - Saturday. I am calling within these times but to no avail. I tried emailing them but it bounced straight back at me, and when I tried to go to their website it didn't seem to exist!

Anyone got any bright ideas....?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I just recently received an arrogant phone call from JBDR and expierienced the same problems when i refused to give out my personel information. I emailed them and heres the response.

My email to them -

In respect to the above reference number can you

please clarify to me who the debt is in reference to

as i have never had any dealings with Lowell

Financial Ltd for the sum of £1780.01 . After your

arrogant phone call to me on Tuesday i did some

research into your company on the Internet, and to say

your company didn't appear favourable is an

understatement. If this is some kind of fraudulent

activity that you are conducting, i will have no

hesitation to contact the police and legal action WILL

be taken against you.

Please email me all the details regarding this debt,

IE - What the debt is for (loan, car finance etc)

when it was taken out,

Where it was taken out.

Please reply to me within 5 working days, I have

already passed on the circumstances and your details

to my solicitor.

Heres the email from them that i recieved the next day, seems to me they ran for the hills when i threatened legal action, hehe

Good afternoon Mr *****, we requested a copy agreement from our client back in Oct 06. We were told this was "unavailable". The account should have been closed on receiving this information, unfortunately the person who dealt with this put the account in the wrong status.

Your account is now closed on the JB Debt Recovery system and the account was returned to our client (Lowell Finance Ltd.)

I have never heard of Lowell Finance and i currently have a debt management plan whith an independant firm so i know all my debts are accounted for, surely what they are doing is not legal?

For info;

JB Debt Recovery

176 Bath Street

Glasgow G2 4HG

Website is JB Debt Recovery

Hope tihs helps!

A GLASWEGIAN debt collection company?

LOL whatver next??!!

Further to the entry above, in which the originating writer stated the woman asked me if he had a licence to record her over the phone- This is CRAP!- You do not need a licence to record someone over the phone!?! It is perfectly legal,PROVIDING you inform them they are being recorded at the beginning of the call-Hence why every business has that statement played back through their automated systems, PRIOR to connecting your call to an operator-

What a bunch of numpties- Im glad i dont have any dealings with them.

How can you be so sure of who they are when they PHONE you instead of WRITE to you?! About matters like this?

Clearly a shoddy company, with Anuses for brains.:-|:-|

• 3 months later...

My mother has received phone calls asking for a phone call to be made in return because there is a message waiting. The phone call is made with an American accent. My mother found this very worrying so I returned the phone call for her. A very stroppy woman answered and wouldn't give me her name or the name of her company. I asked what the phone call was all about and eventually she said they were JBDR of Glasgow, a debt collection agency. My mother is a pensioner and does not owe any debt whatsoever. She is worried sick. Can somebody give me their address in Glasgow so I can write to them to tell them to stop harrassing my mother.

Thanks.

It doesn't work that way Stuart, under the DPA they will not enter into any discussions with a third party. They use automated dialling so these calls will continue unabated until they make contract, whether by voice or a 'personal visit'. Best course of action is to write to them AS your mother, and take it from there!

Can somebody give me their address in Glasgow so I can write to them to tell them to stop harrassing my mother.

Thanks.

If you bothered to read through the thread, you will see that their address has been clearly posted....

• 1 year later...

Noticed this information and have just had a text from them asking me to call. Glad i saw this. Found some useful info that may be of interest. Note the last part highlighted in red!

Statute Barred

A debt is considered Statute Barred if a creditor has not contacted a debtor for a period of 6 years and no action has been taken on the account.

Although the debt is still legally acknowledged as being owed, the creditor is not able to take any legal action against the debtor in order to recover the debt. It is considered unfair if a creditor or debt collector misleads the debtor into believing the debt is still legally recoverable. It is also considered an unfair practice if the creditor or debt collector press for payment after the debtor has stated they will not be paying the money owed. This could amount to harassment contrary to Section 40(1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Previous page

Communicating with the Debtor

A creditor or debt collector who contacts you by phone, letter or visit, must state clearly who they are, where they are from, their role and the purpose of contact.

If a creditor or debt collector attempts to use unhelpful technical language to confuse or mislead the debtor, this is considered as an unfair practice.

If a creditor or debt collection agency disregards requests made in respect of when and where to contact the debtor, this can also be classed as unfair. If you request a creditor not to contact you at work because this could jeopardise your job, and the creditor disregards your request, this could be classed as unfair practice.

If a creditor or debt collector tries to continue to make contact knowing you are vulnerable, suffering from illness caused by the situation or seeking medical advice, this could also be classed as an unfair practice as they are putting undue pressure on the debtor.

Although specifics are not detailed as to what is classed as unfair, all situations are investigated on a case-by-case basis. If a creditor is found to be practicing unfair tactics, this could in turn show them as unfit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence and the OFT has every right to revoke their licence.

Creditors are fully responsible for third parties they appoint, such as in-house and outside debt collecting agencies, so if they are using third parties who practice unfair tactics, they are in turn risking loss of their own licence. They are responsible for fully screening the third parties they use and ensure they are aware of and practice, the guidelines outlined by the OFT before using their services.

• 3 months later...

I am getting a text message every day for this company telling me they need to speak to me urgently about my BskyB account, (which I've never had) and saying they need to send important documents and can I confirm my address is still... (it isn't). I'm just ignoring their texts as I have never had, or had any contact with BskyB, it's a bit worrying that they are using misleading information to get details though.

Unfortunately, if you don't contact them, they'll assume you are the intended recipient and continue. The balme could be anything from a typo or someone actually giving your number and now they are chasing this.

• 4 months later...