style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have made an official complaint to lending stream but am not surprised that I have not had any response to that either. I sent them a recorded letter in the post and that is the last time i’m going to try and get hold of them until I hear back off them.

Should I just leave it at that? What is the next step I should take?

I keep receiving e-mail, texts and calls reminding me that my account is outstanding but i'm just ignoring them until they reply to my requests

Why leave it at that? They've ignored your reasonable attempts to make payment, refused to acknowledge a complaint and refuse to deal with you only in writing? All against OFT rules. Get a complaint off asap to the OFT - you'll find the form half way down this link -

http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/credit/payday-lenders-compliance-review/

Keep a log of all your attempts to contact them (and the fact they've refused) along with their harassing e-mails/texts and phone calls.

Lending Stream have 8 weeks to send you a final response from the date you originally complained. After this 8 week expiry (or should they send you a final response earlier which you're not happy with), you can complain to FOS. This can be a fairly timely process but LS will be charged the investigation fee; so you'll be smug in the knowledge they'll pay through their pocket for the refusal to treat you fairly and reasonably.

I agree with Toptrapper Toga, you've exhausted all avenues with Lending Stream, so that's the next step. I was quite amazed that they were so obliging to me all of a sudden, i still think its very suspect, so watch this space. Desperation led me down this road, and boy do i regret it. I like you just want to pay them back and have no more dealings with them. Any help you need, just ask.

Unhappy x

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update,

Still no reply to my e-mails and recorded letter so sent the below e-mail to all the e-mail addresses I have for lending stream. Does anyone have any further advice or should I just wait 8 weeks and if no reply then take it further.

I'm still constantly receiving calls and e-mail reminders but nothing in reply to my requests.

To whom it may concern,

PLEASE TREAT THIS AS AN OFFICIAL COMPLIANT

I have still not received any WRITTEN response to my e-mails (please see below) dated 26th April, 1st May, 3rd May, 7th May, 9th May, 10th May, 14th May, 17th May, 18th May, 19th May, 20th May and also my recorded delivery letter which was receive by your company on 22nd May 2013 informing you of financial difficulties that I currently have due to a decrease in pay and my request of a longer payment plan so I can pay my account off as soon as reasonably possible.

You now have 8 weeks to address the issue of me receiving no response to a continued offer of repayment which was set out in my original email before I escalate the issue to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

In the meantime I am requesting that you put a hold on any further action on my account, including registering any defaults and referring to any debt collections agencies. If I receive further communication regarding a default or debt collection agency then I will proceed straight to the OFT without further notice.

I look forward to receiving your reply and coming to a reasonable agreement

Never request. Always demand.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D