• Tweets

• Hi T911 and welcome to CAG. As you say, an interesting screw up. So much for quality control! Anyway, our regular advice is to ignore all of their increasingly threatening missives... UNLESS you get a letter of claim, then come back here and we'll help you write a "snotty letter" to help them decide whether to take it any further with their stoopid pics. If you get mail you're unsure of, just upload it for the team to have a look.
    • Thanks @lolerzthat's an extremely helpful post. There is no mention of a permit scheme in the lease and likewise, no variation was made to bring this system in. I recall seeing something like a quiet enjoyment clause, but will need to re-read it and confirm. VERY interesting point on the 1987 Act. There hasn't been an AGM in years and I've tried to get one to start to no avail. However, I'll aim to find out more about how the PPC was brought in and revert. Can I test with you and others on the logic of not parking for a few months? I'm ready to fight OPS, so if they go nuclear on me then surely it doesn't matter? I assume that I will keep getting PCNs as long as I live here, so it doesn't make sense for me to change the way that I park?  Unless... You are suggesting that having 5 or so outstanding PCNs, will negatively affect any court case e.g. through bad optics? Or are we trying to force their hand to go to court with only 2 outstanding PCNs?
    • That is so very tempting.   They are doing my annual review as we speak and I'm waiting for their response once I have it I will consider my next steps.    The debt camel website mentioned above is amzing and helping to. Education me alot    
    • Sending you a big hug. I’m sorry your going through this. The letters they send sound aweful, and the waiting game for them to stop. But these guys seem so knowledgable and these letters should stop. Hang in there, and keep in touch. Don’t feel alone 
    • In my time I've never seen a payout/commission from a PPC to a landlord/MA. Normally the installation of all the cameras/payment of warden patrols etc is free but PPCs keep 100% of the ticket revenue. Not saying it doesn't happen mind. I've done some more digging on this: Remember, what your lease doesn't say is just as important as what it does say. If your lease doesn't mention a parking scheme/employment of a PPC/Paying PCNs etc you're under no legal obligation to play along to the PPC's or the MA's "Terms and conditions". I highly doubt your lease had a variation in place to bring in this permit system. Your lease will likely have a "quiet enjoyment" clause for your demised space and the common areas and having to fight a PPC/MA just to park would breach that. Your lease has supremacy of contract, but I do agree it's worth keeping cool and not parking there (and hence getting PCNs) for a couple months just so that the PPC doesn't get blinded by greed and go nuclear on you if you have 4 or 5 PCNs outstanding. At your next AGM, bring it up that the parking controls need to be removed and mention the legal reasons why. One reason is that under S37(5b) Landlord and Tenant Act 1987,  more than 75% of leaseholders and/or the landlord would have needed to agree, and less than 10% opposed, for the variation to take place. I highly doubt a ballot even happened before the PPC was bought in so OPS even being there is unlawful, breaching the terms of your lease. In this legal sense,  the communal vote of the "directors" of the freehold company would have counted for ONE vote of however many flats there are (leases/tenants) + 1 (landlord). It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Josa v Natwest ~ 6 years with Contractual Interest

Josamolly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

right,this is the start of my quest to take on NW and claim contractual/ compounded interest. Having settled with the Halifax and about to do the same with A +L CC, i thought i'd go one step further and see how i get on with the NW, and try the dreaded comp. interest.

Having been a member since October, and knowing the processes, i am at the stage of having sent my LBA on the 2nd of Dec. Today i recieve a reply thanking me for my patience, and asking for more time to investigate.

Now, a dilemma. I have spent today sorting out my next letter, and compiling a new SOC to reflect the fact that i have now decided to claim the C Interest, i'm unsure whether to wait a few days to see what happens.

So, do i decide to see if i am offered my full claim of £xxxx, or do i just send the letter and push on for the larger amount of up to £xk, if i'm lucky.... I have prepared 3 different spreadsheets for 8%, 16.9% and 29.7%...

I have read what feels like every single thread ever to appear in this site!!! Thanks to Lively, Bong and Glenn Uk, oh and Hage, for giving me, i hope, all the knowledge that i need..

So guys, i will DEFINITELY need a little help here.. I have 4 more complicated claims to do after this!!

thanks for your help so far...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spreadsheets, which one??????

I have filled in one from Vamps site and another kindly nicked from bill-k (sorry Bill)..lol..Upload2.net Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting

Different totals now on both.. need a little help i think guys on which is the correct one to use.. or does it not matter!! Like Cobbets are going to sit down and work it all oyut anyway....

Right guys... New LBA to besent on Monday to the Edinburgh address... wish i could claim to be the author, but i nicked bits from another post..

Pick aways please.. Oh, and the last paragraph is a tactic i used against A+L and it seemed to work..

I am writing further to my letter of 2nd December 2006, which remains unanswered at this date.

In the time that has elapsed, I have reconsidered my position in relation to the extent of my claim for unlawful charges, and I would ask you to note that I am adjusting my claim to include compound interest at Nat West plc’s excess overdraft fee rate of 29.5%. I am applying this rate of interest to the monies that Nat West plc has unlawfully deducted from my account over the years, on the principles of implied mutuality and reciprocity, and unjust enrichment.

The revised total of the charges, and interest debited as a result of the charges, stands at £xxxx.00 at today’s date, on which I have calculated interest due (to date) of £xxxx, bringing my total claim to £xxxx. I have enclosed an updated schedule of the figures for your information.

I wish to draw your attention to the fact that I have previously asked you to demonstrate that the bank’s charges are lawful, by providing evidence of the costs to which the bank has been put as a result of my account breaches. I have also previously requested details of any manual intervention on my account. Neither has been forthcoming.

Consequently I am of the view that Nat West plc is unable to demonstrate that its charges are lawful or that there has been manual intervention in relation to the breaches that have occurred and the charges that have resulted.

It is my considered view that Nat West plc, as a multinational corporation of very high standing and repute in the business and banking world, with the benefits of accounting expertise, in-house lawyers and/or access to top legal experts, owes a duty of care to its customers, in relation to ensuring that it is trading lawfully; and has therefore always had the resources to know that its charges were and are unreasonable, punitive in nature and therefore unlawful.

The level of the charges can be seen to be unrelated to the costs of the services provided; to exceed actual individual instances of loss to the bank, and to unjustly enrich the bank.

Based on the above, I believe that if Nat West plc is unwilling to settle my claim in full out of court, I will have no alternative but to attempt to persuade a court that by electing not to reveal its costs and the profit element of the charges, Nat West plc hasalways concealed the fact that its charges are unjustifiable and unlawful.

Further, I will aver that I mistook the charges to be lawful when I paid them, because prior to becoming aware of the OFT’s report this year I had trusted Nat West plc to operate lawfully.

Please note that I require unconditional repayment in full of £xxxx within the next 10 days in order to conclude this matter, failing which I will be proceeding with a court claim without further notice to you. In view of the costs involved for both parties I hope that Nat West plc will decide to settle my claim before that stage becomes necessary.

I have enclosed a copy of the county court N1 form that will be served at Luton County Court on the 15th January 2007 for your perusal. Please pass this to your legal representatives should you feel it necessary.

Yours Sincerely

Jos

Hi Jos

I like the bit about enclosing a copy of your N1, hopefully that will show them that you mean it...

The letter looks good. Your claim is now very large, with the added contractual interest of 29.5. Will it cost you more to file at the court now that it is over the 5 grand small claims limit??

I am more or less the same stage as you are with NatWest Bank, although I was worried about claiming over 5 grand as I don't feel confident about the procedure at court and so have just added the 16.9% and am now at the N1 stage. I filed two N1's on the 4th... one for each of my NatWest accounts. 1 claim for just over 4k and the other 2.3k However I have gone for the 29.8% with TSB bank and 20.9% for NatWest card. This week I have filed 4 N1's... it's cost me loads, but I hope they will all be successful.

I can't believe how expensive NatWest charges are... £38, then another 20 referal fee at the end of the month on top... It has caused a large amount of snowballing charges and a lot of stress and worry...

You nail em'. Go for it...!!

Moodle

Thanks Maxine... I think Bong got away with only filing her actual charges at court and left the interest bit out so he /she only had to pay the smaller amount.

My thoughts are that i will only get one go at this and i want to see how far i can push them. Once this is done i am the starting on them again pre 2000.. maybe even as far back as 1991, who knows..

Sounds like you are having as much fun as i am!!!! Good luck and let me know how you get on..

Jos

Hi

I am currently working on my boyfriend's claim against Natwest. I thought I would charge them their standard overdraft interest on the charges of 15.84%, however, I have received a letter back from them saying that their client will deny that we are entitled to claim for interest above the Court interest rate of 8%.

Has anyone been lucky in claiming back interest at a higher rate than 8%?

Thx

I'm not sure but there are a rew of us having a go..

The banks would deny it wouldn't they.. just like they denied that their charges were unfair..

quite happy to get 8% but i'm also happy to let a judge decide

I am sure you will be ok... some folks have got the contractual back, and if your went to court it would be the 1st, so i assume they will cave in at the final stage as the banks always do. It's natural to worry though... I have been too

On one of the other posts you mentioned that you havd got tow different totals between bills spready and vamps spready... That happened to me too... it confused me, but it is because Bills spready works to an extra deicmal place... eg, 16.900 instead of just 16.9, I assume it make the figures a little more accurate.

And, you are right... it's not as if they are going to work it out anyway.

Well, I wish you luck... keep us all posted... 14 days to go... until you file the N1 I assume.

Maxine:-)

Moodle

I have, on behalf of my partner 'littleangel', been working on the contractual interest option. Bill-k's spreadsheet is spot on and i believe the other has been updated too.

Our claim for £3875 in charges and £7800 in interest was posted to NatWest yesterday.

Will keep things posted on:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/55716-little-angel-natwest.html

WON £4000 v NAT WEST

thanks Maxine, the letter went today so they have until the 15th.. then i'm of to court again to file my N1..

Robber, i have been following your thread and am about 10 days behind you.. Same here, xk for charges and xk for Interest.. will clear ALL my debt, except the mortgage, if it comes off...

Keep watching guys cos i'm gonna need help at some stage..

Hi, Saints

" Has anyone been lucky in claiming back interest at a higher rate than 8%?"

It's not a question of luck, it's about preparation!;)

Yes, several people have received contractual interest on their claims. Have a look at the success threads and also at 'why is no-one claiming contractual interest'.

I'm claiming the authorised rate (17.95%) PLUS 8%. The interest rate they have charged me is my demonstrable loss: the 8% is recompense. Some are going the whole hog and chasing 29.5% or whatever, on the basis of 'mutuality and reciprocity'. They won't be claiming the statutory interest on top - unless, of course, they're completely barking mad.

Anyway, ahve a look at the arguments.

Best wishes

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Oh, and BTw - I've also had a letter from Cobbetts advising me that I can't claim the 8% and contractual rate in addition. I've referred them back to my PoCs, which put it the other way round and make it clear it's interest charged by them on the charges.

I didn't tell them it's for the Court to decide, not them. But that is the case.

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Right guys.. I would appreciate your opinion on my PoC's listed below. I'm sure they can be improved, so fire away with suggestions...

• The claimant has a bank account ******** (Dunstable branch sort code **-**-**) with the defendant, governed by the defendant’s Personal Banking Terms and Conditions (“the contract”).
    2. The claimant admits to breaches of the terms of the contract that require the claimant to stay within any agreed overdraft limit.
    3. The breaches have led to the defendant debiting the account with numerous default charges, and interest on the default charges, between 12/12/2000 and 13/10/2006. A list of the charges and interest on the charges is annexed to the Particulars of Claim at pages 1 & 2.
    4. The defendant has declined to answer the claimant’s written requests for information about any manual intervention necessitated by, and/or any administrative costs incurred as a result of, the said breaches. The claimant avers that the defendant’s default charges are not intended to represent any alleged actual loss, but instead unjustly enrich the defendant, which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.
    6. The claimant will rely on the statement of the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) concerning default charges in credit card contracts, published on 5/4/2006, to demonstrate that:
    a.The OFT’s recommendations regarding standard default terms in credit card contracts have wider implications, as regards bank current account agreements.
    b. In a consumer contract, where the parties are not of equal bargaining power, any estimate that included costs which could not legitimately be claimed as damages from an individual consumer in a case brought at common law, and which made a material difference to the overall charge, is likely to constitute a penalty at law.
    c. The interest ordinarily charged on an overdrawn balance of account would of itself be deemed sufficient compensation to the defendant in a claim for damages arising from account breaches of the said nature.
    7. Accordingly the defendant’s default charges are:
    a. A penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are an unreasonable pre-estimate of the probable loss to the defendant and therefore contrary to common law - Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage and Motor Co Ltd [1915] AC 79.
    b. Invalid under s.4 Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
    c. In the event that the court finds that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of s.15 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
    8. The claimant is seeking the return of charges totalling £xxxx

9. The claimant claims compound interest on the amounts claimed - using the rate and method specified in the said contract, and applied by the defendant to monies it is owed. A schedule of the interest calculated is annexed to the Particulars of Claim at pages 1 & 2.

The claimant’s ground for seeking restitution of the compounded contractual rate of interest is that the defendant would be unjustly enriched if the claimant's entitlement was limited to the statutory rate of interest in that the defendant has had use of the sums and would have used these sums to re-lend at commercial compounded rates.

10. Alternatively, if the court decides that the claimant is not entitled to the contractual rate of interest, then the claimant claims interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984. A schedule of the interest calculated is annexed to the Particulars of Claim at pages 3 & 4.

11. Accordingly, the claimant claims:

a. The return of £xxxx taken by the defendant in charges 12/12/2000 and 13/10/2006.

b. Court fees

c. Compound interest at the contractual rate of 29.5% from 12/12/2000 to 31/10/06 of £xxxx,

d. In the alternative to c, Compound interest at the contractual rate of 16.99% from 12/12/2000 to 31/10/2006 of £xxxx

d. In the alternative to c and d, interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from 12/12/2000 to 31/10/2006 of £xxx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 61p.

I will also add other bits tomorrow like statements etc... I want to build a rock solid case and turn it into a decent link at some stage.

cheers.

• Haha 1

I'm no legal expert but i'd have to say it looks pretty darned good, and if you're successful i'll be seeking your help as i think i'm a couple of weeks behind you in the process on the contractual interest front.

Best of luck with it.........

WON £4000 v NAT WEST

Thanks Maxine... I think Bong got away with only filing her actual charges at court and left the interest bit out so he /she only had to pay the smaller amount.

My thoughts are that i will only get one go at this and i want to see how far i can push them. Once this is done i am the starting on them again pre 2000.. maybe even as far back as 1991, who knows..

Sounds like you are having as much fun as i am!!!! Good luck and let me know how you get on..

Jos

hi, just picked up your thread,

i have filed my claim as unspecified, as the 29.5% took me well over 5K

my claim is for 4K, and i have left it to the discretion of the court to award contractural 0r the 8%--defence due 29th jan, so a few of us keeping cobblers busy at the moment--they must get really p----d f sending out the same defence letter to so many peopl

dont know how to post a link, but checkout my threads "bobandsuzzi"

Bob

Thanks Karn for your input. I will add that extra paragraph or 2 to my PoC. Your a star.

Hi maxine... i was going to file on Monday but have decided to wait a week. Only to give me more time to have my court stuff read by those more experienced than me.

I want to be watertight with my court bundle so Cobbets can't wriggle out of anything. I decided the extra 7 days is time well spent.

Hi Boband suzzi... after a lot of thought i decided to go with the 29.5% contractual. On the premise that i only get one chance at this, and if i'm careful enough in my preparation i may get lucky. Besides, i have 4 kids and my responsibilities to them outweigh anything esle to be honest...

Right, finally got my PoC sorted. I just need to know about the red bits!! Not sure how to work it out,...

1. The Claimant has a bank account, number ******** (“the Account”), maintained at the Defendant’s Dunstable Branch (sort code )

2. The Account is governed by the Defendant’s Personal Banking Terms and Conditions (“the contract”)

3. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant has debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged overdraft interest on the charges once applied.

4. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

5. A schedule of the charges is attached to these particulars of claim (Appendix 1).

6. The Claimant will rely on the Competition Commission’s report entitled “Northern Irish Personal Banking,” published on 20th October, 2006, as evidence that the Defendant is aware that the income derived from its default charges is calculated to generate material profits and is not merely a means of recouping losses incurred in relation to Account defaults. The defendant is fully aware of this report as Ulster Bank is a subsidiary to RBS (defendant).

7. The Claimant will further rely on the Office of Fair Trading’s (“the OFT”) statement of 5th April 2006 concerning default charges in credit card contracts, as the OFT’s recommendations regarding standard default terms in credit card contracts have wider implications, as regards bank current Account agreements.

8. The Claimant thus contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account:

i) are punitive in nature;

ii) are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant;

iii) exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract

on the part of the Claimant;

iv) are not intended to represent or relate to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) Further to 8.a), the charges debited to the Account are penalties rather than liquidated damages. A charge is held to be a penalty if the sum stipulated for is extravagant and unconscionable in amount in comparison to the greatest loss that could conceivably be proved to have followed from the breach. A penalty clause is void in its entirety and unenforceable.

c) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

d) In the alternative to 8.a), b) and c), if the Court finds that the charges are not a penalty, then the Claimant contends that they are unreasonable within the meaning of s.15 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

9. Contractual Interest

a) The Claimant claims compound interest on the amounts claimed under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, using the rate and method specified in the said contract, and as is applied by the Defendant to monies it is owed.

b) The Claimant’s grounds for seeking restitution of the compounded contractual rate of interest is that the Defendant would be unjustly enriched if the Claimant's entitlement was limited to the statutory rate of interest in that the Defendant has had use of the sums and would have used these sums to re-lend at commercial compounded rates.

c) The Claimant contends that the taking of unlawful penalties from the Claimant’s Account is unauthorised borrowing by the Defendant. Therefore, under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, in the first instance the Claimant has calculated compound interest originally charged by the defendant, being 29.50%.

d) In the alternative to 9.c), should the taking of unlawful penalties from the Claimant’s Account not be deemed to be unauthorised borrowing by the Defendant, then, under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, the Claimant has calculated compound interest at the Defendant’s authorised borrowing rate, being 16.99%.

e) In the alternative to 9.c) and d), if the Court decides that the Claimant is not entitled to the contractual rate of interest under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity in the contract between the Claimant and the Defendant, then the Claimant has calculated interest under section 69 County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% a year

f) Details of interest calculated & rates used are attached to these Particulars of Claim (Appendix 1) as follows:

Column1 – Compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of 29.50%

Column 2 – Compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of 16.99%

Column 3 – Simple interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at an annual rate

of 8.00%

10. Accordingly, the Claimant claims:

a) The return of the amounts debited between 12/12/200 and 13/10/06 in respect of charges in the sum of £xxxx.

b) All applicable Court fees

c) Contractual interest at an annual 29.50 % compounded daily from the date of each transaction to 21st January 2007 of £xxxx, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx

d) In the alternative to 10.c), Contractual interest at an annual rate of 16.99% compounded daily from the date of each transaction to 21st January 2007 of £xxxx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx

e) In the alternative to 10.c) and d), interest under section 69 County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% a year, from the date of each transaction to 21st January 2007, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx

Now, i also need.

Court Bundle - Fine, i have that

Commisioners report ( Northern Ireland Personal Banking) - i need a link guys.

Witness Statement - I have looked at this and a lot of it is already in my PoC and Court bundle.. do i still need it..

Other Cases - Some wording for my PoC regarding other cases (Lincoln) and case numbers. Just to bring it to te judges attention.

I think this will be enough for my court paperwork. what do you guys think?????

Just a quick question on your POC - the following point confuses me...

maintained at the Defendant’s Dunstable Branch

Then you make reference to the following ....

The Claimant will rely on the Competition Commission’s report entitled “Northern Irish Personal Banking,” published on 20th October, 2006, as evidence that the Defendant is aware that the income derived from its default charges is calculated to generate material profits and is not merely a means of recouping losses incurred in relation to Account defaults. The defendant is fully aware of this report as Ulster Bank is a subsidiary to RBS (defendant).

Do you live in Ireland, or just using the Irish Banking report. It also makes reference to Ulster bank, and RBS as the (defendant) . Do RBS own NatWest? - I'm confused as you can see

The reason for my questioning is - i want to use your POC - I live in England and don't want to add anything I don't understand...or isn't relevant to english law.

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Hi Jos

We're at LBA stage and i was wondering if you had a response to your LBA as it was different to the template in the library. As you know, we're on the contractual route too so i just want to keep tabs on the situ with yourself and others who're at or beyond our stage.

Cheers

WON £4000 v NAT WEST

Hi Robber... sat here now sorting my court bundle out ready to file on Wednesday..

Still a bit unsure about going for 29.5% though. Haven't had time to read thru many successes so i'm not sure how others have got on, or whether any have actually gone for that amount.

I'll sleep on it. At the moment i am at the stage that i'm thinking if i go for contractual i may as well go for the full amount and barter a bit if i need to.

A little uneasy i must say.. i'll keep an eye on yours also, and bump it up when i need to.