Chalkitup v MBNA / ARROW GLOBAL / CBS TRANSCOM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

As some of you know by following my Chalkitup v DCA's thread I have been in a DMP (debt management plan) with CCCS for quite a time now.

All was going well until a few creditors decided in their wisdom that they should involve DCAs. Following advice from CAG members I sent CCA requests out. Then I became ill but during my long recovery I watched and learnt from this site and now I am picking up where I left off. This thread and others which I will soon start for each individual creditor will reveal the up to date happenings.

So here we go ..... MBNA / ARROW GLOBAL / CBS TRANSCOM

Was going quite nicely with MBNA in DMP ... then little while ago MBNA told CCCS to stop payments to them as another company was handling the account.

2007 - Default notice was sent by ARROW GLOBAL LLC (thought that was american term for company!!) anyway has no date on it plus my name and address not on it. Arrow Global tell me CBS Transcom are collecting debt for them!

No Notice of Assignment every received.

CCA request sent early 2007 to CBS Transcom.

Received and signed for by them.

Their letters demanding payment continued ....

CCA went well over the prescribed time .... I sent reminder to CBS .... They sent me a few "awaiting your agreement from our client letters".

Dec 2007 CBS send me the agreement they have got from their client ..... It is an Application Form for a completely different card I had years ago with MBNA!!!!

Not that it would matter but ... No prescribed terms etc. No T+C.

CBS letters demending payment or "worse will happen" start again .....

I have sent "Account in Dispute" and "Formal Complaint" letter to CBS.

As this set up is slightly different from my HFC / Rob Way battle I wondered if:-

Should I send a letter and start a formal complaint with MBNA also?

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i think u should.

CBS say they are working for someone who does it say they are working on behalf as that is who u need to complain to.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Chalkitup,

One thing I know from experience is that it is very difficult to fight any of these from within a DMP. CCCS do not like withholding money from creditors if they do not supply you with the relevant documents. Forewarned is forearmed.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

But that does not stop u from comming off te payment plan with them and going with payplan or go about it on your own. I am and i am happy with what i am paying.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

But that does not stop u from comming off te payment plan with them and going with payplan or go about it on your own. I am and i am happy with what i am paying.

I came out of mine with CCCS and so far it's worked out well, but it's a big decision and not one to take lightly.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I stopped using CCCS as well. I have more control of what is going on now. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

well we decided we might go on to a DMP at first but then found this site. Now we are only paying the water rates gas ele and CCs of which one is going to be paid up then only used for emergancys while the other is being paid up.

Hello All,

Thanks for replies ...........

The GodMother ......... This is the reason I think I should start a complaint with MBNA (as well as CBS) and not bother with Arrow Global .....

Default notice was sent by ARROW GLOBAL LLC which is a Sallie Mae Company ..... MBNA belong to this group .... It was in the covering letter with Default Notice that Arrow Global LLC told me that MBNA has assigned the outstanding balance to them (which does not sound like an Absolute Assignment) and that CBS Transcom had been appointed to "manage my account".

Hence I thought I should start a formal complaint with MBNA because Arrow Global sounds like an inhouse agency. Also see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/123101-arrow-global.html a very very interesting thread warning that Arrow Global LLC (which is American) has some problem with the address it gives out .......... I have just realised that the Default Notice they sent not only does not have the date or my name and address on it BUT there is no address for Arrow Global LLC ...... nor on their covering letter. That means they have sent me a letter and default notice with NO CONTACT details at all and expect me to take that for granted ...... Chalkitup is not happy ... Now I will look into this because if they are a UK limited company then they must have their address and other details on every letter. So if they are not a UK company can they still send out Default Notices?

Fred Bassett .... Yes .... I know about CCCS and CCA requests etc ....... they actually stopped paying an Original Creditor of mine and changed payments to a DCA ...... BECAUSE the DCA phoned them and told them to do it ....... I was livid and got the payments changed back .... I read CCCS the riot act and since then been ok. Mind you because I told CCCS to never do it again I have now had several Original Creditors phone them and tell CCCS to stop paying them as another company manages the debt ....... He He .... silly sausages .... I then instruct CCCS to distribute my monthly DMP equally amongst the rest of the creditors and not to pay the DCA's!!!

Gradually my DMP is getting fewer and fewer creditors ...... BUT if they treated me fair and stopped selling my accounts to these bully boy DCA's who seem to just pour out misleading information all the time then I would be happy to play ball.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Gradually my DMP is getting fewer and fewer creditors ...... BUT if they treated me fair and stopped selling my accounts to these bully boy DCA's who seem to just pour out misleading information all the time then I would be happy to play ball.

This might sound a bit perverse, but I'm of the opinion that if they sell the debt to a DCA then it's quite a good thing because the DCA will have bought it at a fraction of the price, meaning that you're far more likely to be able to settle it at a lower amount.

Regards.

Fred

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

The latest:-

MBNA received my account in dispute / complaint letter early in August .....

Very promptly received from them their complaints procedure and a letter saying they will respond within 28 days ...... They have two days left!!

CBS Transcom received my account in dispute / complaint letter end of July ......

I have received absolutely nothing back from them.

Then Hey Presto ....... today I receive a letter from Cope's Solicitors .... I use the word "letter" very loosely as it has to be one of the worst formatted and laid out pieces of correspondence I have ever seen.... copy paper / shocking heading and best of all NO ADDRESS for Mr Cope .... just a telephone number that I must call .... which strangely enough is the same telephone number as CBS Transcom!!!!! The letter is nothing more than a threatogram.

Can someone just throw a little light on this as I have not encountered this Cope chappy before ......

A search on the Law Society site shows he has offices in Kings Nympton, Devon and of course Unit F The Courtyard Alban Park ST. ALBANS HERTFORDSHIRE ..... which just happens to be where CBS Transcom is located.

Mr Cope has pointed out at the bottom of the letter that he is Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority .......

Now that is lucky .... That means I can complain to the Legal Complaints Service regarding a solicitor sending me a letter with no address contact details and demanding payment on an account which is in dispute!! Plus trying to get me to telephone a DCA by only giving a phone number as contact details .

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Edited by Chalkitup

yep file it and ignore.

Hello All,

The latest:-

MBNA received my account in dispute / complaint letter early in August .....

Very promptly received from them their complaints procedure and a letter saying they will respond within 28 days ...... They have two days left!!

CBS Transcom received my account in dispute / complaint letter end of July ......

I have received absolutely nothing back from them.

Then Hey Presto ....... today I receive a letter from Cope's Solicitors .... I use the word "letter" very loosely as it has to be one of the worst formatted and laid out pieces of correspondence I have ever seen.... copy paper / shocking heading and best of all NO ADDRESS for Mr Cope .... just a telephone number that I must call .... which strangely enough is the same telephone number as CBS Transcom!!!!! The letter is nothing more than a threatogram.

Can someone just throw a little light on this as I have not encountered this Cope chappy before ......

A search on the Law Society site shows he has offices in Kings Nympton, Devon and of course Unit F The Courtyard Alban Park ST. ALBANS HERTFORDSHIRE ..... which just happens to be where CBS Transcom is located.

Mr Cope has pointed out at the bottom of the letter that he is Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority .......

Now that is lucky .... That means I can complain to the Legal Complaints Service regarding a solicitor sending me a letter with no address contact details and demanding payment on an account which is in dispute!! Plus trying to get me to telephone a DCA by only giving a phone number as contact details .

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Well I wouldn't reply to him, but I would complain to Companies House about the lack of address on his letter as this is illegal.

Regards.

Fred

Also as evidence i would send a copy of the letter with your complaint.

Well I wouldn't reply to him, but I would complain to Companies House about the lack of address on his letter as this is illegal.

Solicitors aren't limited companies (they are limited liability partnerships LLP) so a complaint to Companies House will not achieve anything.

You need to complain to the Legal Complaint Service about solicitors.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

ok did not notice that but u can still add a copy of the letter as evidence

Hello All,

Quick update...

Received letter from MBNA yesterday .... basically they will be another three weeks replying to my complaint.

BUT today received a letter from their "Director of Customer Satisfaction" .... wow ... these titles they come up with are so impressive!!

The letter says ... As per your request please find enclosed a copy of your current terms and conditions ..:-?:-? I never requested them!!! ... then goes on to say ... you can view your account online and check your balance .... pay bills .... set up direct debits ... etc etc ... all you need is your credit card and your latest statement!! (so will that will be the card that expired in 1996 or the card that MBNA told me to destroy last year!!!:D)

And the account number given on the letter is the same number that is on the application form they sent me in response to my CCA request on the disputed account.

Confused ..... ok so am I ...... but basically they have shot themselves in the foot here ..... They are mixing up a very old account which was closed in 1996 with the disputed one and on top of that they are saying the closed account is still open PLUS sending me the application form for closed account to settle my CCA on the disputed account!!

He He .... I know it sounds confusing but they are infact just giving me more ammunition to help fight my case!!! Very kind of them.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Customer of Satisfaction ??.. I bet that guy doesnt have much to do then, I wonder if the job is part time :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

'Director of Customer Satisfaction' sounds like the sort of person who might work for an up-market brothel.

Fred

now something tell me he was the tea boy but got a 5 minute job promotion

now something tell me he was the tea boy but got a 5 minute job promotion

He He .... I was actually going to write exactly that in my post but decided not to put MBNA down ......... Cripes ... I must have had a five minute "be nice to MBNA" moment!!:lol:

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Hello All,

Another quick update...

Today I received final response letter from MBNA in reply to my formal complaint ......

They answered ONE out of my seven requests / questions and that was ....

No charges have been added to account since they sold it!!

The rest of their letter is just misleading twaddle.

The best answer they gave was regarding the account number that shows on the application form they sent me in reply to my CCA request ...... (They sent an application form for a completely different card which I had that expired about ten years ago) ......

Their response ....... As we are no longer the owner of 1234567812345678 (the disputed account) the account number is not recognised on our system ..... So as part of our internal process we created the account number 8765432187654321 in its place just for admin purposes!!!!!!!!!

SO CAGGERS I am meant to believe that MBNA have recently made up a random 16 digit number out of know where as the new admin account number for the sold / disputed account AND coincidentally it is EXACTLY the same number that my old account that was closed TEN years ago had and the same number written on the application form they sent me last year for the present account!!!

How on earth are we meant to get things sorted out when we get rubbish like that sent to us!! It beggers belief that someone has actually put that in print and sent it to me.:eek:

(Today I actually found a copy that I made of the original application form for the sold / disputed account dated in the 90's (I can assure you they are two very different cards) so that is going to spoil their party as well):lol:

Re my concern they sold account to American company Arrow Global LLC ..... (which I have approx 15 letters from CBS / Mbna confirming plus LLC on the Default notice) ....... Suddenly they have decided they sold it to Arrow Global LTD ....... but the date of sale they give and amount owed at time are completely different to those on Default Notice.

Finally for now .... for some unexplained reason they think I want to do a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) ..... and they have sent me a form to apply ...... adding ....

Section 7(3) of the Data Protection Act 1998 obliges MBNA to respond when we have received the information necessary to fulfil the request. (That is rich ... just how often do THEY take any notice of any Act) .... They then request ... The information needed is a copy of passport or driving licence TO INCLUDE SIGNATURE ..... plus fee of course. ;) Right better do that straight away then .... NOT!!

Interesting point ..... on the form it says ....

Please specify what you require:-

Statements / a copy of the original application form only !!!!! Cheeky !!!

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Oh dear, you couldnt make this up could you.

Apart from the other twaddle.. do they really think you are going to send them £10.00 for either a set of statements or an original application form. They do seem to be asking for the passport/driving licence quite regularly now dont they. What would they do if you wrote back and said you dont travel or drive ? :D

BCOBS

Thats my argument.

I dont have a passport nor do i have a drivers licence so how could i prove who i am?

Hello All,

I am putting a letter together to send to the Legal Complaints Service regarding the following letter received from (or meant to be) Cope's Solicitors ..... see Post 10.

No address given whatsoever and the contact telephone number is that of CBS Transcom!!

I will be writing to Cope's Solicitors in due course about the content of the letter which as can be seen is totally misleading considering their client has not come up with an agreement for my CCA request etc etc.

Can anyone tell me please ... I thought if they took me to court they would not get costs as it would be small claims ..... they state costs and expenses will be added.

Other points anyone would like to add will be helpful for the Legal Complaints Service letter ...... like does a solicitor need to put any sort of solicitor's registration number on their letters?

Love the signature .... that is like having a letter from a manager at Tesco and he just signs "Tescos".

Thank you.

CopesSolicitors-BLANKED.jpg

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Edited by Chalkitup
Speeling!!

Hi CIU, I think they do have to put their registration number AND a return address which doesnt appear to be present. I am off for my supper now, but there is a thread on the forums that advises what to do if the paperwork looks dodgy. There is also another thread where someone has been told that the company/solicitors will not TOLERATE their conduct.

Be back later :)

BCOBS