The CAG science & paranormal thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of my interests in life is reading all about various aspects of science & the paranormal.

Everything from UFO's to ghosts etc...

Just wondering if anyone else here on CAG has an interest in this area?

To start things off as such....i have a theory about UFO's.

Most people just assume that these unidentified flying objects are from out of space (some of them may well be?), but my theory is that, whatever these things are - could very well be time machines from Earths future :eek:

Im talking hundreds/thousands of years into the future from now.

I do not believe that there is anyone on these "machines" when they visit, i believe they are controlled by technology that is so far advanced, that we'd never be able to get our heads around it in the here & now (2009)

What do others think of that theory? :D

Who am I to say your wrong :)

Should be interesting to see what sort of replys you get.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

but my theory is that, whatever these things are - could very well be time machines from Earths future :shock:

Im talking hundreds/thousands of years into the future from now.

I'm warmed by your faith in mankind's ability to last that long. :(

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

The way i look at it is.....

People who lived around 2000 years ago from now (2009) would never have been able to begin to contemplate what we take for granted in the here & now (technology etc...)

So the exact same principle applies to us now in the modern day of 2009.

We cant even begin to contemplate what, if anything - will be around in 2000 years from now (4009) or even furthur into the future from then..:eek:

Hmm, I'm fascinated by the paranormal... psychics etc. particularly 'psychic detectives' on the crime channel., the results never cease to amaze me .. as far as physics ,UFO's etc that goes straight over my head... pardon the pun.

I liked the theorys/situations in Red Dwarf and at times was tempted to believe some of it could be possible... but without proof I remain sceptical.:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I didn't believe in anything like this until my brother died suddenly. Six months later, after having had one of the worst days of my life, I was half awake, sort of dreaming I was having a conversation with him, woke up fully, thought don't be stupid, he's dead, and then saw a bright yellow glow all over the wall - I even got out of bed to see if someone was shining a yellow light through the window but there was no explaining it.

So, now I believe, but wouldn't have done without my own proof. And if that's possible then i think anything is. Who knows - maybe science will explain it in years to come.

On a totally different topic & connected with what Jan4a was saying.....

Ive always thought that when we dream of a night, our spirit roams the astral planes & is free to do what it wants, were it wants & when it wants etc....

We are tied to our bodies by a form of astral connection, of which if that was ever broken as such whilst we are dreaming - then we'd never be able to get back inside our bodies :eek:

What do others think of the theory that UFO's could be time machines from Earth's future? (how long into the future i dont know?)

Ive seen this theory mentioned lots on the internet recently & certainly want to explore it more....:cool:

There was a pretty famous UFO case in Scotland when I was a kid - not a million miles from where Maroondevo is from.

More info in the link below but in summary a forestry worker arrived home in a rough state with clothes ripped and a little delerious. He claimed that he was working in the woods and came across a UFO in a clearing but it had no visible operator only metal balls with spikes which rolled across the ground toward him and knocked him unconcious with some form of gas. This might tie in with your theory but the town where it happened is really a 1 pub / 1 shop affair and I really cant see what would interest someone from the future.....

I'm open minded but if there were stories about UFOs on the grassy knoll in Dallas in 1963, or Calgary Hill in 27 AD or the Pas d'Alma in Paris in 1997 then this might carry some weight with me. But why would anyone want to visit Dechmont c.1979.

Unfortunately, I'm more aligned with Bookie - I cant see us lasting long enough to invent time travel.

Dechmont Woods Encounter | Mysterious Britain & Ireland

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

to answer your question stornaway

1 pub

1 shop

why would they go there if they exsist

ripple in the pound

throw a stone in the wilderness

will not affect the so called time line

Yes I do buy that argument but if I was in the future I'd love to see the Dallas grassy knoll or find out who was Jack the Ripper or did Michael Jackson / Elvis / Marilyn Monroe really die. Why have UFOs never been seen at any of the really monumental points in our history ?

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

I live fairly close to Joddrell Bank in Cheshire - don't know if they ever found any UFO's but it was certainly scary just driving past the place at night!

Might be worth googling if you are interested in the science aspect.

Since you wheeled out this very subject barely two months ago, mr.ton, wouldn't it have been preferable to simply resurrect the original thread, or is this new one in honour of H.G.Wells' birthday today? ;)

CAGers may be interested in the original thread, as it contains a number of photographic images of purported alien structures, together with some interesting assertions by noomill060...

Spooky... :eek:

Thats what I was thinking :) maybe they have erased his memory.

Thats what I was thinking :) maybe they have erased his memory.

...or maybe the two threads were not started by the same entity at all!

One of them is clearly not only a fake, but quite possibly some form of alien cybernetic replicant, sent to our Earth (possibly from the future) to start threads on the question of UFO existence, probably in an effort to find out just how much we actually know.

The question, really, is why this advanced interstella species is interested in CAG...

:lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
Water was invented by the Romans...it is a well known fact Termi.

They also invented motorway service stations + Canada btw, but this is less well known about.

Yes, but apart from the water, motorway service stations and Canada, what have the Romans ever done for us..?

I did like this attempt to try and explain Spam however, to get a damp squib you would need water and where did that come from? So I would like to invite Tez to throw something into the pot and anybody else please.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), when discussing the origins of the universe, any stance can only be based on theory.

If the Big Bang theory is to be considered accurate then your original question ("What happened before the big bang?") is redundant. Nothing came before, nor, indeed, was there even a thing as before. Trying to apply linear physics and linear reasoning to the Big Bang theory is utterly futile precisely because the subject matter, as far as we can reason, isn't bound by such universalities.

In essence, you cannot genuinely ask what happened before the Big Bang, because by posing the question you are accepting the Big Bang as being an event, and thus confirming your own question as being redundant by confirming the consequences of your acceptance of Big Bang.

Of course, this is all purely theoretical; it's equally probable that the universe was brought into being by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.