Judge for claimant letter? southerm water/Shulmans Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a blue form sent a month or so ago which was issued by the court,

filled it out offering repayments

today had a letter saying I didnt send it back and I now have to pay in full the 3000 pound...

which of course I can't.

No I didnt send it recorded which was stupid but I did send it what can I do please?

I didnt send the form back to the court I sent it to the claimant was this wrong ?

I sent the blue forms to Shulmans Ltd

that was silly

you should of sent it to the court

what was the debt all about

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Had a blue form sent a month or so ago which was issued by the court, filled it out offering repayments and today had a letter saying I didnt send it back and I now have to pay in full the 3000 pound...which of course I can't.

No I didnt send it recorded which was stupid but I did send it what can I do please?

I didnt send the form back to the court I sent it to the claimant was this wrong ?

Well technically you did the right thing but you should probably have sent a copy of your Admission to the Court as well.

You can apply to redetermine the judgment or vary the rate of payment though.

n245 is in our legal section of the library

what was the debt?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

for whom?

who was the claimant?

and they

as its the W/end you've got time to answer stuff.

so why did you blindly admit it?

what property was it for and how old was the debt>> tell us the history please.

and they

Making an application with the form N244 will cost you some money. Maybe as much as £155.

A better way might be to call the other side and explain to them what happened and that whatever the situation is, you will need to pay in instalments.

Tell them that you are trying to deal with them directly instead of having to file an end to for for application notice with the court because that will cost at least £155 which would be better spent paying off their bill. They might go for that argument.

Also you can point out them that you made an error by sending them the form instead of to the court. Asked them if they can check the file to see whether they have received. Hopefully, they will agree that yes they did receive it and of course as you have read our customer services guide and implemented our advice there, you will be recording the conversation and you will record that admission.

That kind of evidence won't do you any immediate good but on the other hand if you have eventually to file an N244, then you can tell the judge that although you made a technical error, the other side have received the form and I have they have admitted doing so and it would have been in the interests of justice if they had cooperated on it all and at least spared you the necessity of having to go to the court to alter the judgement. Because of that, you would respectfully ask that the claimant is ordered to pay the cost of the N244 application.

It might not work but it's worth a punt – but of course you would have to be recording the call.

as its the W/end you've got time to answer stuff.

so why did you blindly admit it?

what property was it for and how old was the debt>> tell us the history please.

Of course I admit the debt it's mine and for my address where I live now. The debt is for unpaid water bills which weren't paid due to financial changes relationship changes which resulted in different work hours etc. I filled out the blue form and offered repayments and I still stand by that I'm just needing to know how I can stop having to pay the full amount as I don't have it.

N245 £50

and they

Well technically you did the right thing but you should probably have sent a copy of your Admission to the Court as well.

You can apply to redetermine the judgment or vary the rate of payment though.

Thank you so ring the court Monday ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-Feb-2017**

N245 Applications: What are they?

If a defendant is unable to make the payments ordered by the judgment they can submit an application to ‘vary’ the court order. They will need to complete form N245 ‘Application for suspension of a warrant and/or
variation of an order’
. The N245 includes an income and expenditure and an offer of payment.

Is there a court fee to file an N245?

Yes. There is fee of £50 to file an N245. Depending on the debtors financial circumstances, they may qualify for exemption from court fees. They will need to read Form EX160.

What will happen after the N245 has been filed at court?

The Court will forwarded a copy of the N245 to the creditor. If they accept the defendant’s offer they do not need to respond. If they do not accept the defendant’s offer they must respond explaining why they do not accept the offer and what instalments (if any) they would be willing to accept. If the response is not received within
16 days
then the court will automatically grant the defendant’s payment proposal.

The court will send both the defendant and the creditor a ‘Variation Order’ explaining how the defendant should pay. The Variation Order does not change the amount owed or the date that the judgment was registered.

What happens if the creditor objects to the application?

The case will be transferred to the defendants local court and a hearing date set. The defendant and creditor will be expected to attend.

download it from the above link

fill it out

send it to the court with payment.

and they

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-Feb-2017**

N245 Applications: What are they?

If a defendant is unable to make the payments ordered by the judgment they can submit an application to ‘vary’ the court order. They will need to complete form N245 ‘Application for suspension of a warrant and/or
variation of an order’
. The N245 includes an income and expenditure and an offer of payment.

Is there a court fee to file an N245?

Yes. There is fee of £50 to file an N245. Depending on the debtors financial circumstances, they may qualify for exemption from court fees. They will need to read Form EX160.

What will happen after the N245 has been filed at court?

The Court will forwarded a copy of the N245 to the creditor. If they accept the defendant’s offer they do not need to respond. If they do not accept the defendant’s offer they must respond explaining why they do not accept the offer and what instalments (if any) they would be willing to accept. If the response is not received within
16 days
then the court will automatically grant the defendant’s payment proposal.

The court will send both the defendant and the creditor a ‘Variation Order’ explaining how the defendant should pay. The Variation Order does not change the amount owed or the date that the judgment was registered.

What happens if the creditor objects to the application?

The case will be transferred to the defendants local court and a hearing date set. The defendant and creditor will be expected to attend.

Well I live and learn!!