What are my rights for a faulty watch from Designer Posh Watches online after 3 repairs?

Steampud
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought my son an Armani watch for his 18th birthday last November.

Within a few weeks it was not keeping correct time.

I emailed the company who said I couldn't get a refund as it was longer than 14 days since I received it.

I sent it off to be repaired.

After a few weeks it returned only to go wrong again.

I sent it back waited a couple of weeks emailed and got it back.

Again, after a few days my son noticed the hours hand was not on the correct position particularly obvious on the hour.

I contacted them and again sent it back.

It came back yesterday and the hand is still not correct.

This time I have included some photos to illustrate my point and asked for a refund as I feel this has gone on long enough.

At each stage from purchase to now I have had to email them asking where the watch was.

I've been told I would be contacted within 24/48 hours and then waited 2 weeks with no contact.

I need to know what my rights are and I hope somebody here can help!

Please will you let us know who the supplier is.

They were completely wrong that you only had 14 days to return the watch. If the fault had occurred within the first 30 days then under the Consumer Rights Act you had the right to assert your short-term right to reject and that means that if you had told them that you are rejecting the watch because of the defect then they would have been obliged to refund you or to replace the watch – at your choice.

I gather from what you say it to it is still within six months. If a defect occurs within six months then if the repair fails then they are required to give you a full refund or replace the watch – at your option.

It sounds to me as if you have put up with more than enough. Where is the watch now, with you or with them?

If it is with you then write them a letter and enclose the watch – send it proper insured registered delivery and tell them you are now rejecting the watch and you want a full refund under the Consumer Rights Act.

It will be up to you to decide what action you want to take if they refuse to respect your rights. Frankly the only thing to do would be to threaten legal action. However, if you make this threat then you must carry it out. It's not worth bluffing.

If you are not prepared to begin a legal action in the Small Claims Court in the County Court then frankly I'm not too sure what you can do.

Bringing a small claims action in the County Court is very straightforward if you let us help you and you read around a bit and make sure you know what you're doing.

Don't imagine that you will get your money back immediately. You will have to issue the court papers. You haven't told us the value of the watch but you will have to pay this fee. It is very possible that once they receive the court papers that they will put their hands up and refund your money plus the fee. If they still decide to be stupid then you may have to pay a hearing fee and to be prepared to go to court. If you win, then you will get your fees paid, the money you are claiming, and any other reasonable expenses incurred such as telephone calls, postage, et cetera. You will also get a small amount of interest on the sum which has been owed.

On the story that you have given is here, I reckon that your chances are much better than 95%.

Thanks for that! I am in possession of the watch currently but I have just heard from the company, Designer Posh Watches http://www.designerposhwatches.co.uk/ , (Yes I know!) offering to replace the watch completely, it cost about £100. I am going to accept this and hope it is the end to the story. If not I shall be back and following your advice.

Good. Well done.

Make sure you keep all records and paperwork. I suggest that you take a picture of the watch before you send it back and make sure that you send it back so that it is insured and tracked.

It's a shame this kind of thing happens. You give an 18th birthday present and it really should go through smoothly without anything to ruin the meaning and the memories of it.

I notice that this company seems to have a few poor reviews around the Internet. I suppose that they've got lots of satisfied customers, but clearly sometimes things go wrong and they don't seem to handle it very well.