How to approach some of the payday lenders and their ridiculous charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right got a reply back from them quoting me a statement from Mr Lender, I will have to think about how exactly I should write to them to say that the intrest and charges are unfair. The 120£ have not been charged back to me, by the way so that is totally wrong.

And Mr Lender themself said I could pay 400£ to clear my account before they handed it over to MMF, can I claim that? Saying that Mr Lender themself offered me to pay 400£ and be done with it, and then use a payment plan from that amount?

Here is what their "statement" said:

"

Date Type Details Auth Code Debit Credit Balance

03-Mar-14 03:56 InitialLoan Capital £400.00 £400.00

03-Mar-14 03:57 InitialFee Same Day Fee £10.00 £390.00

03-Mar-14 10:19 InitialFee Admin Fee £7.00 £383.00

03-Mar-14 11:04 InitialFee Total Fees £17.00 £400.00

03-Mar-14 11:04 Interest Interest £120.00 £520.00

01-Apr-14 07:17 Payment Interest Pay 005969 £120.00 £400.00

01-Apr-14 09:25 Interest Rollover £120.00 £520.00

02-May-14 09:12 Fee Failed Card Fee £20.00 £540.00

06-May-14 09:22 Fee Letter Fee £20.00 £560.00

09-May-14 09:27 Fee Letter Fee £20.00 £580.00

02-Jun-14 10:03 Interest Missed Interest £156.00 £736.00

02-Jun-14 14:08 Refund Chargeback £120.00 £856.00

03-Jul-14 10:00 Interest Missed Interest £238.80 £1,094.80

04-Aug-14 10:00 Interest Missed Interest £310.44 £1,405.24"

Forget what MMF say. SAR the OC.

Stop falling for MMF's lies, and stop playing letter tennis with them. The account is in dispute so use the time you have to get as much info as possible from the real source. Not what MMF make up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 weeks later...

So, Wageday advance have been very persistent in trying to contact me, 3 times a day on my cell while I am at work.

I sent them an email saying I will pay them 20£ next month, and stop calling me. That did not happen.

Now, out of interest I took one call when I got home ( I know I should not talk to them, but hold your horses). I just wanted to see what bs they could come up with.

So, First, she claimed that email was not secure enough to send account details on. (their account details), but she told me their details anyway, which I will use.

Second, she said to able to set up a payment plan etc they needed income expenditures, and two months bank statements. I said, there is no way I am giving you my bankstatements and you are not legally required to have them

She said "Yes, according to the FCA we must have that to backup your income so we can make sure you can afford it."

Surely that is the biggest lie ever? They are not required to have anything I believe and certainly not something as personal as bank statements.

She said that anyone could put anything on there, that is why she needed proof. I offered to send my payslips, but it was refused.

Thirdly: I said that, calling 3 times a day is harassment, when I've told them to stop.

Again, she points to FCA that telephone is a legal way of contacting me, even after when I requested this to stop.

She would stop the calls for 2 weeks now, but if I didn't provide any documentation before that they would start calling again.

So, obviously I will not deal with any payment plan on the phone, as I want that in writing only.

So, what documents can I send them to force stop the calls here? Is there any email template I could send them, or does it have to be by letter?

And also preferably force them to accept only a basic income/expenditure form. Do I really even need to send that?

The ONLY thing they need is a simple budget summary, NOTHING else whatsoever. With point 3, i would have recorded that and reported it. Once a debtor has told a creditor that all contact is to be in writing, the creditor must adhere to it. Otherwise they border the line of harassment.

If she is threatening to start calling again, get that in writing ( they will never confirm that in writing ;) ) or record it. They would be in serious trouble if it found its way to the regulators.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D